The Falkirk FC Thread

Seeing bejazz1 down on the club at the start of the season gives me hope.  Same story last season although to be fair to him, he did give credit where credit was due when he was proved wrong.

Yes true, I say it as I see it. No navy blue tinted spectacles... Well sometimes[emoji3]

Positive viewpoint is that we have the same points this season and goal difference as we had from the same fixtures last season. 1-1 with morton and a one goal loss at home to hibs. Downside is it will be very difficult to match the other seven quarter one results. Strikers need to step up immediately

Degree of sarcasm in your post there, but I for one am glad to see that at least one positive of last season has carried over. Its an important thing that the players give it all for the full 90 and saved us a point again today.

I agree it is important but I wish we didn't have to rely on it. A good character trait I agree but papering over a few cracks.

Biggest positive is that ur sarcasm barometer is fully operational.

4 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Another late goal from us! Never say die spirit! We don't know when we are beaten! How about just winning a game comfortably & not having to dig ourselves out of a hole? How about giving that a try?

Leahy had a cracking 2nd half and although not a plus point on his playing side, I feel he can replace Vaulks in the Mr Falkirk stakes.... after a difficult start to his Falkirk career he is settled and has had more positive performances than negative 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So after today then.....

First half dire. We still need to sort out the balance of the side. IMO all it will take is a right sided midfielder. Whilst Craigen is a player, he is not right for that role. I was fairly impressed with Rankin and the defence for me handled Morton fairly comfortably. Had Deniz not thrown one in, that should have been a clean sheet away to a buoyant Morton side.

IMO Rankin looks to be settling into the team quite well. He did a few nice little bits of covering in defence today and seems to have a bit more drive than Kerr. Tom T also did ok today.

Happy enough to see us starting with Miller and Bob today but it didn't really seem to hit it off for whatever reason. I am starting to think its time to just give Austin a go in the team. He is the future, and Miller/Baird/McHugh are differnet enough that the right one can be picked to partner Austin based on opposition and the other can impact from the bench. We need to settle it down and to me Austin has looked the man most likely (Admittedly none of them have looked all that likely)

Rankin hasn't put a foot wrong tho is slated for not being Vaulks, Funnily Taylor wasn't Farid, loy wasn't Taylor..

We move on, I seen enough positives today and last week that we will be challenging and although I'm not a believer in budgets = positions, I see enough in us to see us to improve to get a top 4 finish.

I'm no manager like others seem to be but we don't have a settled strike force, where that be one definite striker starter or two, that will come tho. Last season it was back 4 same as last week, midfield same as last week and Baird with Miller or McHugh...

Continuity breeds confidence, we don't have that now, we will soon

The word legend is used a lot on football players,but on friday i got a message from Sammy McGivern who read my post about the short fall in fund raising we have on Gordy's fund.

Sammy has offered to auction off his 1st divison winners medal to help get G home,i have told him to think about it as the medal must be very special to him.He has already given so much to Gordons fund and in my eyes the term legend deserves to lend itself to Sammy McGivern

Sammy myself all the other fund raisers and Gordon's family doff our caps to you and cannot thank you enough for all you have done for G.

COYB

Edited by keithgy

Still no sign of anyone coming in then, even on loan?

I think that the failure to even attempt to replace Vaulks with a similar loanee may come back to haunt the BOD as a poor season could see a significant downturn in season book sales next term! False economy maybe although it's no doubt difficult trying to balance it all.