The Falkirk FC Thread

Who gives a f**k if they're paying Dobbie 2k a week. Steal at the price. Shows the QoS board are more ambitious than our lot if true. We need to look at ourselves and not other teams to sort our issues. 

5 minutes ago, Trump said:

Name me three junior players who would walk into the first team at Falkirk.

I am not a scout but I have already given you three examples of players signed from junior clubs who are regulars at better clubs than yours.

If you had better scouting in place these players could have signed for Falkirk.

How much does it cost to scout the juniors. You could give a guy £20 a week plus travel to go to a game. Even if he only recommends three players a year get your club scouts to check them out for very little outlay

I am not a scout but I have already given you three examples of players signed from junior clubs who are regulars at better clubs than yours.

If you had better scouting in place these players could have signed for Falkirk.

How much does it cost to scout the juniors. You could give a guy £20 a week plus travel to go to a game. Even if he only recommends three players a year get your club scouts to check them out for very little outlay

So three players out of the whole juniors back in the day, whilst no current players you can mention? Yeah, thought as much.

Sorry if I repeat what others have said, just some notes I jotted down.

A few people seemed a bit pissed off but it was an overall friendly affair.

For the board:

• Their first priority is getting team promoted.
  • Second is completing the ground, this seem to be early days, consulting and planning.
  • No debt, there is money put aside incase shit hits the proverbial, we were very close to going under 5/6 years ago.
  • Playing budget has apparently increased from last year.
  • Someone asked about terracing but Henderson seemed quite reluctant about it, lots of complications etc.
Houstie:

• Not happy with the start we’ve made. Feels like the players are not playing to their full potential. IE how can we be so poor in one half and better the other.
  • He is limited by our wage structure, seems like no player is anywhere near 1K a week, seems more like £500 p/w. He thinks that our budget is the 3rd highest in the league.
  • Dobbie is getting 2K a week at QoS. Houstie = #ITK
  • Budget has been spent, so new players coming, no loans either.
  • He did mention something about getting in touch with McGrandles but stated that he's nowhere near ready to be playing.
  • Playsoffs are the minimum target for this year.
  • Tony Gallagher to start this Saturday.
  • Singled out Hippolyte a wee bit saying that he wants him to be more consistent, rather than being decent in 1/5 games, bringing that up to 3/5 games.
  • Scouting budget is restricted to Scotland.
Some of the questions were utter pish

“In one of the games the ball wasn’t on the arc for a corner, how do you feel about that?”

“Why haven't you scouted the juniors for players?”

It's pretty concerning when you think how much we have brought in through transfers over the past few years yet haven't moved on and still have no cash.

8 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Well, very obviously, you are wrong in Darrien Mckinnon's case

Way to miss the point. Even Mackinnon has had four full years away from the Juniors.

There are exceptions to every rule of course but there arent likely to be too many juniors who could expect to immediately start at Championship level.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Way to miss the point. Even Mackinnon has had four full years away from the Juniors.

There are exceptions to every rule of course but there arent likely to be too many juniors who could expect to immediately start at Championship level.

I am well aware of that but the talk on this thread was that no juniors were good enough. I have given examples that I know of that proves that was wrong. There may be others I am not aware of.

My point is clubs like Falkirk should not be closing off any avenues to scout players.

As seen by Jamie Vardy and the West Ham player who was called into the England squad good players can be found anywhere

ps. There are lots of juniors starting at Championship level. The examples I have given are premiership level.

Edited by Wile E Coyote
To add ps

Someone asked that identical question about scouting the juniors at the fans' meeting six years ago (the one with the arse from the trust who essentially told folk to put money in and stop complaining about how shite we were).

I genuinely cannot believe they are saying on one hand how prudent they are being and on the other talking about building a fourth stand. What a fucking waste of money.

Edited by Gaz

I'd much rather we paid one player  like Dobbie 2k a week than wasted cash on the likes of Rankin and a few others. No one complained at us paying stainrod a grand a week in 1990 and it was well worth it. A signing like that is exactly what we need but all the meeting tonight has confirmed is that we'll be stuck in this league till there are major changes in the Board room.

Someone asked that identical question about scouting the juniors at the fans' meeting six years ago (the one with the arse from the trust who essentially told folk to put money in and stop complaining about how shite we were).

I genuinely cannot believe they are saying on one hand how prudent they are being and on the other talking about building a fourth stand. What a fucking waste of money.

I wish people would understand the wish to build this stand.

Two reasons

1. Their ego's
2. Those who invest will make money from it. There is money in bricks and mortar but not in Centre forwards.

The wage cap thing is a complete nonsense. The argument I was given by a Director for it was it gives you team harmony if they know no one is getting a more than everyone else.

Utter bollocks. The Left Back is delighted if the club brings in a CF that bags 30 goals and is paid double him because he gets bigger bonuses as a result. The LB knows the start striker is worth more so should get paid more.

This simply drives you to sign average joes and spend your money bringing in quantity rather than quality