The Falkirk FC Thread

All very harsh on McCracken IMO, he's been a good player for us. Yes his best years are past him, and he's had some howlers but he's also saved our skin a number of times and generally been a good servant to the club.

The fact he's still being relied on is cause Grant is injured surely in addition to Luca not quite fitting in with Watson at the back? When Grant is fit I've no doubt it will be him and one of Watson and Gasparotto at the back.

Re Pressley...I see he has been scouting for Strachan for the Malta game. Watch out for Scotland celebrating a glorious 0.0.

On a serious note I believe Pressley would be great heading up a youth academy or director of football at a club. Sadly  for him I just don't think he's cut out to be a manager. 

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

Cracks has been a great servant for the club and if playing with a young more speedy centre half he can still do a job. His big problem is that he is very prone to substituting his lack of pace with some "old pro type manoeuvres "which usual don't work and end up with us giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. Need Grant back as soon as

Cracks has been a great servant for the club and if playing with a young more speedy centre half he can still do a job. His big problem is that he is very prone to substituting his lack of pace with some "old pro type manoeuvres "which usual don't work and end up with us giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. Need Grant back as soon as

If the auld berk had done an "old pro manoeuvre" on the ICT guy in 2015 I'm pretty sure we'd have won the cup that year.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If the auld berk had done an "old pro manoeuvre" on the ICT guy in 2015 I'm pretty sure we'd have won the cup that year.

blaming a defender 70 yards from goal when the bounce beat him, whereas if Grant hadve shown the player outside 20 yard from goal or got a tackle in or Macdonald didnt have soapy hands for the poor shot is more culpable for me than action 70 yards from goal

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A lot went wrong there, but I was screaming for Cracks to foul there and take the card. From where I was it looked like he tried to though.

Takes a portion of the blame for me.

The ball takes a bad bounce, the inverness player deals with it better as Cracks was on the wrong side of him, but 70 yards from goal, a freak bounce, how far do we take it back to pick fault, whereas Grant had standard one on one 20 yards from goal and didnt defend well and MacDonald was really shit, always was for me.

On a slightly side step, we shouldnt have been so gung-ho tho in that period which is the bigger issue

The ball takes a bad bounce, the inverness player deals with it better as Cracks was on the wrong side of him, but 70 yards from goal, a freak bounce, how far do we take it back to pick fault, whereas Grant had standard one on one 20 yards from goal and didnt defend well and MacDonald was really shit, always was for me.

On a slightly side step, we shouldnt have been so gung-ho tho in that period which is the bigger issue

Leahy lost his man too (Goalscorer).

Can't get FTV to work. Emailed them but they just said the game hasn't kicked off yet.

It came on eventually.

Decent 1st half from us & comfortably in front. Good goal from Elgin although it caught the cameraman out.

2nd half in silent though as Jamie McGowan is one moaning sod. Thomson isn't much better.

Why do we make excuses for the opposition when we murder them but if we lose we slaughter our team as no good enough?

Are all Falkirk fans always this negative or a migration from One F?

Interesting interpretation on my comment. However your point seems aimed at what you perceive is a wider issue with Falkirk fans. I don't agree with that premise and certainly not what I was getting at. Just trying to say that it won't be until Gallagher is up against a stiffer test can a fair judgement be made. However for me I would like that to happen sooner, rather than later.

If anything I felt my comment was positive, ur reply in anything laced with negativity [emoji106]