The Falkirk FC Thread

There's no easy games in this league home or away, Dumbarton have great record at the TFS, Ayr were the better team earlier at the TFS also. Part time teams in this league isn't a reflection of how part time teams were 5-10yr ago. Ian McCall hit on the nail pre season when it was suggested Ayr could go Full time, He felt he could get better players part time than he could Full time and reckoned they'd be better part time.

The fact full time clubs have been relegated before part time clubs in recent years,suggest the gap isn't as wide as it once was.

I'm all for bleeding youngsters but there is no reason why it can't be on merit.

Dumbarton haven't won at TFS in their last 6 visits

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dumbarton haven't won at TFS in their last 6 visits

Last 9 games falkirk won 4 Dumbarton won 3 and two draws.

Some full time teams would kill for that record

Pre last season, we had a better results through there

Edited by MrDust

Last 9 games falkirk won 4 Dumbarton won 3 and two draws.

Some full time teams would kill for that record

Pre last season, we had a better results through there

Not won at TFS since Oct 13

Surely we should give some limited senior game time to some of our young players in development. If we are scared to try out these boys in favour of run of the mill squad fillers then we will regret it. Our current buoyant finances are based on developing players and our previous troubles stemmed from paying mediocre senior players.

Great result today after playing over an hour with ten men. Only 2 points from opening 12 in this quarter though. Means we need to win all 5 next games to equal points total from last quarter. Having said that we've played all four teams above us already this quarter so next five on paper easier. Also grant and Muirhead now fit too so some positives...A wee run now would be great so a bigger gap doesn't open up. All teams will drop points

On 11/7/2016 at 20:27, Dennistoun Bairn said:

As soon as posted I thought, yeah, dare say there's bound to be one recently. Missed that game; obviously dribbling down the chair in the old folks home. But before that one then? :lol:

To be honest, I don't think that our third last goal from a corner really matters now. 

What matters is that the last one came against the filthy, diving, cheating cloggers of Hibernian FC. :thumsup2

Excellent fight back from our u20s today against Ross County in Scottish Youth Cup, second time in a week, lots of good individual performers on show today, the future looks good[emoji3]

Agreed the future looks good, would be nice if a few even looked like being close to getting near the first team tho.

Dont they? Apart from Gallagher, Shep, O'Hara and Austin who we all know about, who are the next in line? Id presume Langton and Blues but I dont know nearly enough about them to my shame

Not for me they don't. A few minutes here & a token appearance there doesn't count as near the first team for me. Austin chances scuppered due to injuries but all those listed and add in Henderson & Finlayson, these guys are not even close to get serous game time.

If we were flying then I could maybe see why the door closed but a long way from that. I remember watching Kingsley, Alston and Mcgrandles and thinking this might be too early for them. But a few 1st team games and they flourished. I felt that is exactly what was needed for O'Hara.

I won't even mention my controversial views of dropping Rodgers in favour of players were actually have an investment in [emoji6]