The Falkirk FC Thread

We have a bar open before and after the game and it's a great set up.

Plenty TVs either showing a game from Sky/BT or old Falkirk games. You tube is jam packed with stuff they could put on to get fans in the mood.

We ditched sky Sports though, it costs a fortune for something that is very rarely used or needed.

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We have a bar open before and after the game and it's a great set up.

We ditched sky Sports though, it costs a fortune for something that is very rarely used or needed.

I basically put the sky sports/ BT bit there as I felt if you want to steal customers away from all the other pubs in the town, you need to give them a similar service.

I personally would be happy to watch old Falkirk highlights rather than the offerings of Sky but I may be in a minority.

I basically put the sky sports/ BT bit there as I felt if you want to steal customers away from all the other pubs in the town, you need to give them a similar service.

I personally would be happy to watch old Falkirk highlights rather than the offerings of Sky but I may be in a minority.

@Gordieboy80 will know more about it but we normally have a bloke playing some music on his guitar, it's tremendous

I reckon most fans are happy enough as long as the place serves drink and they know the money is going to the club, providing the facilities aren't manky then the club really can't lose surely

26 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

@Gordieboy80 will know more about it but we normally have a bloke playing some music on his guitar, it's tremendous

I reckon most fans are happy enough as long as the place serves drink and they know the money is going to the club, providing the facilities aren't manky then the club really can't lose surely

Pretty much bang on the money.

Which makes it so amazing the bar in our west stand failed so spectacularly.

As far as the bar goes I'd like to see it either cheap and no sky or Town centre prices with sky.

They better not take the pish.

All feels like financial trouble ahead to be honest.

how on earth have they managed to mess up again?

I do think that is necessarily the case the business is messed up - yet...........
They lost 130k last season and still have 500k of cash in the bank at this moment when we are at time of year where football clubs have the least amount of cash. Last season that number was 600k at this time.

Only had 66k of the league money from last season so far that comes in towards the end of the season I believe. (Premiership clubs get a much higher % of their cash in August the rest have to wait.

The challenge for me is actually the people involved and where they want to take the club. There is no burning ambition to go up despite the chairman spouting off. The MSG still have a huge influence despite what the board tell fans. Only two of the board are on there now and one has little influence. It needs serious fresh blood and fresh energy with a clear a plan to get us out of this league.

The stadium is a massive stumbling block and the cost of it. The club have to somehow get shot of the council to make progress. Hopefully elections next year will see the end of Labour in Falkirk and that the stadium ownership can be resolved.

My stance has not changed for 8 or 9 years. The current custodian s have been there too long and have never really progressed the club on a consistent basis for any length of time. Time they moved the club on.

What's the story Re Taiwo appeal. At AGM Houston said appeal had been submitted and now for some reason it's been withdrawn. Cynic in me would say that it was originally submitted to placate questions at AGM and then withdrawn to save a few quid. All in all it sums up how big a shambles things seem to be behind the scenes at present. The story on the website highlights the complete lack of transparency at the club. We as fans,share holders etc are not even being given a reason for the withdrawal even after the manager has insisted at the AGM that we will be putting in an appeal.  We will now be playing an extremely important game missing an important game. Again on field matters are at the back of the queue when it comes to our club.

Edited by Shadwell Dog