The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Kingsley was the last one to come through. Sibbald was well before him

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

Sibbald made  his debut July 2011 and Kingsley was April 2011.

Notwithstanding Keith's reply, I think I read the original question differently from you. I read it as the academy graduate most recently to have played regularly, not the one who played regularly and was most recent to qualify.

Using your criteria however I think McGrandles came through more recently than Kingsley anyway.

Notwithstanding Keith's reply, I think I read the original question differently from you. I read it as the academy graduate most recently to have played regularly, not the one who played regularly and was most recent to qualify.

Using your criteria however I think McGrandles came through more recently than Kingsley anyway.

Correct. Brainfart, we're all allowed them. ;-)

54 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McGrandles made his debut in September 2012,so you are indeed correct.

6 hours ago, keithgy said:

Sibbald made  his debut July 2011 and Kingsley was April 2011.

You forget that both them made their debuts at very young ages.

I tend to recall Sibbs league debut away to Raith and being scared pre season with us relying on more youth but although sibbs losing the ball for the Raith goal, I'd seen enough to know we'd be OK. We had a strong spine with McGovern, Dods,Millar and Farid.

A mixed bag of points made about our development squad.

Its a development squad and the jump to first team can be massive for most, there does seem to be a trend at the moment of selling before they have shown what they can do first team as in Biabi, Blair and there has been a few press comments with Gallagher interesting some big clubs.

We hopefully will see more of the current crop, perhaps in a Scottish cup game, draw depending or if we confirm a play off position with games to spare.

Did Kingsley not debut against Stirling Albion coming off the bench then getting sent off nearly straight away?

That was his 2nd game for us and I think he lasted 2min. He played 6 seconds in a game against Thistle a week or two before

Didn't make u 20s game tonight, be interesting to hear what anyone thinks of it? Austin scoring again, seems to be developing well despite being written off by some desperate to prove Houston's signings are rubbish! 

He was very poor most of the game to be honest.

As we're most of the team. Their seemed to be a lot of confusion in the formation as o'hara blues Peggy shepherd and grant all asking Maybury where they were meant to be playing.

He was very poor most of the game to be honest.

As we're most of the team. Their seemed to be a lot of confusion in the formation as o'hara blues Peggy shepherd and grant all asking Maybury where they were meant to be playing.

Agreed, the shape of the team was quite bizarre at times last night, it seemed like our whole midfield went missing at certain points during the game. We also played quite a lot of long balls for Austin and Shepherd to run onto, something I've not really seen us doing before.

I can't really comment too much on the Development team though because I've barely seen them this season but I thought we were better in the 3-1 defeat to Rangers.