The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

I think it's unfair to say Sibbs hasn't progressed each season at Falkirk. Each season I feel he adds something to his game which has progressed performances and consistency. We all knew technically that he is a wonderful player; but, the past season or so I feel he has added a lot to his game off the ball as well. I'd love to keep him and, as someone has suggested, I reckon he will stay until he's 24 where he can sign for another club for free.

He hasn't surpassed the season of a couple of seasons ago where he won all poty, best goal award and scored a fair amount of goals to boot.

If he had pace and more willing to use right foot, he'd have been gone long ago.

I actually prefer him on the left where he had his best season, he brings more to Leahys game than Hippo does and don't know why we haven't tried hippo on right, sibbs left Kerr and Craigen or Taiwo centre.

3 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Imagine being that petty and acting as if your our rivals :lol:

Fair enough if it was Stirling or some other diddy mob who are actually your rivals who won a cup and took it around Falkirk but the jealousy and hatred towards the famous Edinburgh Hibees is quite bizarre from the Grangemouth mutants.

I don't think Hibs would be particularly happy if Rangers or Celtic were giving out wristbands and trying to brainwash kids in Leith.

It's piss poor.

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He hasn't surpassed the season of a couple of seasons ago where he won all poty, best goal award and scored a fair amount of goals to boot.

If he had pace and more willing to use right foot, he'd have been gone long ago.

I actually prefer him on the left where he had his best season, he brings more to Leahys game than Hippo does and don't know why we haven't tried hippo on right, sibbs left Kerr and Craigen or Taiwo centre.

We will need to agree to disagree Mr.Dust. Sibbald for me is always gradually improving and will continue to do so at Falkirk playing week in week out in the first team. I do agree a fresh challenge at a higher level would do enhance his development as a player; however, I can’t see any side who would be willing to pay a 6 figure sum for him.

He also has to play behind the front two for me – far more dangerous and is one of few players who can pick out the right pass and hurt teams in the final third. I feel he is wasted in a wide position and not as effective. You are correct that he has a better understanding and link up play with Luke over Hippo but that may just be down to time spent down the left hand side together.

Hibs want him mate, youv no chance

Hibs want him..? :lol:

They ruin players especially strikers..

James Keatings is an outstanding player who used to score braces and hatricks every other week.

The last time Brian Graham was in this league, he scored 27 goals in 1 season.

They can have Baird if they give us Brian Graham back to be fair.

22 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Hibs want him..? :lol:

They ruin players especially strikers..

James Keatings is an outstanding player who used to score braces and hatricks every other week.

The last time Brian Graham was in this league, he scored 27 goals in 1 season.

They can have Baird if they give us Brian Graham back to be fair.

Aye :lol:

I don't think Hibs would be particularly happy if Rangers or Celtic were giving out wristbands and trying to brainwash kids in Leith.
It's piss poor.

Brainwash :lol:

You do realise that schools/clubs/businesses have to apply to Hibs for them to visit with the cup, right?

4 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Brainwash :lol:

You do realise that schools/clubs/businesses have to apply to Hibs for them to visit with the cup, right?

If that's the case they should be blacklisted from our free tickets for schools programme then. Maybe they can ask Hibs for free tickets to their matches.

5 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Fair enough if it was Stirling or some other diddy mob who are actually your rivals who won a cup and took it around Falkirk but the jealousy and hatred towards the famous Edinburgh Hibees is quite bizarre from the Grangemouth mutants.

You'll get treated just the same as the binos you tinks

Blacklisting schools :lol:

Trying to think of strikers that have left Hibs with worse reputations than they joined with in recent years. James Collins I suppose, although he just wasn't very good. Rowan Vine was drastically worse for us than St Johnstone as well.

On the other side, there is Griffiths going from Wolves reserves to Celtic and making his Scotland debut whilst at Hibs. Doyle going from the Irish league to England and now playing in the English Championship. Cummings going from being a gardener to getting £1.7m bids and playing for Scotland u21s. Malonga playing in the African Cup of Nations whilst at Hibs and moving to Serie B.  

Not quite the production line of world class strikers that we've seen at Starks Park recently but not bad.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

2 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

We will need to agree to disagree Mr.Dust. Sibbald for me is always gradually improving and will continue to do so at Falkirk playing week in week out in the first team. I do agree a fresh challenge at a higher level would do enhance his development as a player; however, I can’t see any side who would be willing to pay a 6 figure sum for him.

He also has to play behind the front two for me – far more dangerous and is one of few players who can pick out the right pass and hurt teams in the final third. I feel he is wasted in a wide position and not as effective. You are correct that he has a better understanding and link up play with Luke over Hippo but that may just be down to time spent down the left hand side together.

No club in Scotland will pay a six figure fee for a reason, ditto England.

I honestly can't remember any killer balls he has played from a central role unless you can correct me but if he was as good as you say at that, I'd be able to rhyme off a dozen or so, what I have seen is his link up with Leahy at times a joy to watch and back to his best season playing wide left a few seasons ago.

Since that season, he has blown hot or cold with his position in the starting 11 being questioned, this season for example he started off flying v Hibs then went missing for a number of games then dropped, back in the 11 and repeat same path.

He did nothing for me last Saturday other than not be Rankin

6 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Bantz pal. She does, of course, still have the wristband. TBH I didn't know where she had got it until it was pointed out on here that the cup had been to school.

I wouldn't be being petty if I took it off her anyway, it would just be to make sure that she didn't get the bages! :P(Apologies if this is the wrong spelling of 'bages', I'm sure you're much more qualified to know!)

22 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Apparently the Head Teacher of said school is a Hibs fan. Be interesting to know if this particular school has taken the free tickets on offer from FFC.

It would be good to have this clarified.

As a club we should really be focussing on schools who want to be part of The Falkirk Family.