The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone know when sibbalds contract is up? Is it this summer coming? If it is I take it we're due compo, a shit tonne of compo.

This summer, was an article in the Herald saying we will be offering a new contract so we will receive compensation if he goes.

3 hours ago, Hughsie said:

I see Larbert Village PS had Hibs visit with the Scottish Cup yesterday.

Hopefully they're removed from the free tickets for schools programme.

F'cking splitters.

Aye, my granddaughter came home with a Hibs wristband. Unfortunately she 'lost' it soon afterwards!

Imagine being that petty and acting as if your our rivals :lol:

Fair enough if it was Stirling or some other diddy mob who are actually your rivals who won a cup and took it around Falkirk but the jealousy and hatred towards the famous Edinburgh Hibees is quite bizarre from the Grangemouth mutants.

Imagine being that petty and acting as if your our rivals :lol:

Fair enough if it was Stirling or some other diddy mob who are actually your rivals who won a cup and took it around Falkirk but the jealousy and hatred towards the famous Edinburgh Hibees is quite bizarre from the Grangemouth mutants.

Not arsed in the slightest, bit strange hibs are coming out as far as larbert but to show off the cup off.

Main thing I would like is a keeper who is contracted for more than a season.

McGovern was on a yearly contract for 3 seasons then MacDonald for a year and then Rogers for 2 season long loans.

Think this could be Kerrs last full season aswell as Cracks and should be looking to the likes of Henderson to step up in Kerrs place. Grant and Gasparotto should be solid at this level this and next season.

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I'd sign up Leahy, Taiwo, Sibbs and McHugh from that lot. Maybe Watson as well as back up for next season.

I'm not fussed about Leahy but agree with the rest. Not sure where i stand on Baird, good player but probably not as effective as he could/should be. Would like to keep on the 3 older players too but they can't last forever, would be good to see if some of the youth players can replace them.

I'd like Shepherd to get a couple of starts to give him the opportunity to impress before we released him.

35 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I'd like Shepherd to get a couple of starts to give him the opportunity to impress before we released him.

I believe Houston said at the AGM that Shepherd would be offered a new contract.

It may not be long before we hear about extensions, as this time last year we'd announced extensions for Blues, O Hara & Eadie. Offers had made to Leahy (and Alston) and Baird was announced as having signed his extension in the middle of January. 

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

It's time for Sibbald to move on, for his own sake. He's not progressing here.

I think it's unfair to say Sibbs hasn't progressed each season at Falkirk. Each season I feel he adds something to his game which has progressed performances and consistency. We all knew technically that he is a wonderful player; but, the past season or so I feel he has added a lot to his game off the ball as well. I'd love to keep him and, as someone has suggested, I reckon he will stay until he's 24 where he can sign for another club for free.