The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

We were 2-1 down til Mcgraw levelled in 83. Gray 86, Elliot 87 and Hamilton 89 won it for us.

From memory none of those goals were from inside the box.

Yep - sensational stuff. There was another game about three years earlier where they got 3 players sent off - think we only won that one 2-0.

48 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I was soaked at that. Did we not have someone on load from Celtic and it was his debut, he broke his leg early on?

John Convery?

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Remains my worst memory of supporting Falkirk. Was there not 2 hat tricks scoreed int hat game, and was Leigh Hinds one of them?

Yep. Brian Carrigan the other?

7 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Being absolutely humiliated by Clyde 6-0 in the pissing rain in Tottens last season was a hard one to take.

Kevin Christie and Shagger Hogarth having nightmares.

Stayed to the bitter end.

My birthday game, probably the only reason I stayed to the end, horrible night with weather but recall Neil Murray's shorts being as white as being new, the only player out there like that.... Fukn waster

I have very rarely left a home game early tho bar the Ochilview season and Dundee home game 7-1 or 6-1 with Roddy Manley scoring two own goals...... I left at 4-0.

I think the drinking culture of Brockville maybe another factor into the love of her, I'm never late for a game now due to the one more pint syndrome, which happened a lot

Ok since we're on about 'nostalgic' results; anyone remember the disastrous 0-8 home defeat to Dundee in 1977? It was during George Miller's tenure, who I think was sacked before the end of the season. We ended up last and were relegated to the old Div 2! 

Got a wee laugh when we brought on Tommy Traynor at 6-0 down and I shouted 'awe naw, we've nae chance noo'.

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Ok since we're on about 'nostalgic' results; anyone remember the disastrous 0-8 home defeat to Dundee in 1977? It was during George Miller's tenure, who I think was sacked before the end of the season. We ended up last and were relegated to the old Div 2! 

Got a wee laugh when we brought on Tommy Traynor at 6-0 down and I shouted 'awe naw, we've nae chance noo'.

I remember the 6-0 home drubbing more clearly. Especially Roddie Manleys own goals. Other better memories were the 4-3 Partick cup game and Nelson stills heroics against hearts.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hypolyte by a considerable distance

Between Hippo and Sibbs but I'd more inclined to go for Sibbald as Hippo's been quite inconsistent. 

Having said that he's much more consistent in his play now than when he arrived at first and also when he was with Livingston. I'm sure that's largely down to his own efforts although I think the coaches should be given a lot of credit.

Hypothetical situation: if the season finished now, who would you lot say was our player of the season?

Hippo by a bit. Had more influence in games than anyone even though he is still a bit inconsistent. Sibbald is the next choice - to be fair hes been shackled by kerr until recently.

Any news if sibbald has/is going to sign his new deal or waiting til summer seeing if we go up.

I hesitate to say this given the opposition on Saturday, but I mind the first game we played after winning the Championship in 1980. Home to Dumbarton.

We got thumped 5-0.

For years they were a jinx team to us. We rarely got the better of them and were frequently turned over. I seem to recall them being a "bigger" club too, as they proved when our star striker signed for them after his contract at Brockville ran out. The one and only Gerry McCoy.

Folk who complain about our team nowadays have no idea how grim it was back in those days.

Does anyone else remember back to back home games in 83 or 84 where we win 6-4 then lost 6-4 ? I was at both games and from memory we beat Forfar and lost to Clyde ? I was also at Somerset in the match in between and we lost 2-0. Hugh Sprott was in goals for Ayr and his tache have Geordie Watson's a run for his money haha.

Interesting quote on the new Invest in Falkirk website below. I see their is also new signage at the stadium & across the road highlighting that developments are "Coming Soon" for the Falkirk Gateway.

"The site extends to 18.2ha. The stadium provides a high quality signature building to the frontage with proposals for a new stand extension and pod developments as potential infill development"

http://www.investfalkirk.com/opportunities/target-investment/site-12.aspx