The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

That referee had a howler today. Some poor decisions including Falkirk being denied what looked a definite penalty from where I was sitting for a high boot to the head.

Absolute stonewaller for me. 

What I will say though is that most around me in the south stand were greeting about the clearance of the line. I don't think it did cross the line, wasn't even close to being 'over' the line. 

What I will say though is that most around me in the south stand were greeting about the clearance of the line. I don't think it did cross the line, wasn't even close to being 'over' the line. 

I agree with both points, definite penalty but the ball being over the line was too quick to be conclusive at all. I'd be raging if we conceded a goal to that as the ref would just be guessing.

I was in the Family Section of the Main Stand almost side-on with the 18yard line, but wasn't convinced it had crossed the line.

Wait until he upgrades to the south stand.

I've been in the SS since the day it opened in that friendly (who we played that day escapes me) but he wanted to start coming with me since Xmas. Bit lively and some colourful language in the SS for the wee man just now. Give it six months [emoji16]

2 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

I've been in the SS since the day it opened in that friendly (who we played that day escapes me) but he wanted to start coming with me since Xmas. Bit lively and some colourful language in the SS for the wee man just now. Give it six months emoji16.png

Royal Antwerp.

Their fans were tremendous that day. Sunday after Vaduz away if I remember correctly so July 26 2009

Royal Antwerp.
Their fans were tremendous that day. Sunday after Vaduz away if I remember correctly so July 26 2009

Cheers. Yes there fans were brilliant. Sang from the first minute to the last and were doing the Conga round the away stand. I spent most of the match watching them and laughing rather than what was on the pitch.

Just now, Francesc Fabregas said:

Former Falkirk midfielder Thomas Grant has signed with Stenhousemuir until the end of the season.

What can we expect from him? Is he any good? Can he single-handedly save the club from relegation?

Was a fantastic young prospect but injuries badly hampered his progression and we ended up freeing him.  Pressley took him to Fleetwood obviously on his form when he was at Falkirk but it looks as though he failed to make the break through their either. Might do okay at league 1 level but I very much doubt he'll single handedly save your season. 

Former Falkirk midfielder Thomas Grant has signed with Stenhousemuir until the end of the season.
What can we expect from him? Is he any good? Can he single-handedly save the club from relegation?

Number 10 type player, good with set pieces. Had a loan spell at Arbroath a few years back in league 2 and by all accounts didn't excel there. Maybe time down south has helped his game.

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was a fantastic young prospect but injuries badly hampered his progression and we ended up freeing him.  Pressley took him to Fleetwood obviously on his form when he was at Falkirk but it looks as though he failed to make the break through their either. Might do okay at league 1 level but I very much doubt he'll single handedly save your season. 

22 minutes ago, Trump said:

Number 10 type player, good with set pieces. Had a loan spell at Arbroath a few years back in league 2 and by all accounts didn't excel there. Maybe time down south has helped his game.

21 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Terrific delivery at set pieces, that's about it though.

Thank you, I appreciate your prompt replies. We're missing that extra bit of creativity in the middle of the park so hopefully Thomas Grant (and his terrific set-pieces!) give us what we're looking for.

15 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Thank you, I appreciate your prompt replies. We're missing that extra bit of creativity in the middle of the park so hopefully Thomas Grant (and his terrific set-pieces!) give us what we're looking for.

Would agree on set pieces.  Slower than a week in Auchtermuchty though.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Was my favourite of the recent excellent crop of youngsters we had. Didn't seem to recover well from a virus but will still take the best corner you've ever seen.

I've been in the SS since the day it opened in that friendly (who we played that day escapes me) but he wanted to start coming with me since Xmas. Bit lively and some colourful language in the SS for the wee man just now. Give it six months [emoji16]

I had my 6y/o at her first Falkirk game, hence opting for the Family Section in the Main Stand. Plenty of colourful language in there too! She kept looking at me and smirking when folk were swearing then piped up with "It's ok Dad, I've heard it before, it's worse at Bo'ness..." [emoji1]