The Falkirk FC Thread

If Gallacher is as good as being made out then he should be 1st choice left back next season and an upgrade on Leahy. 

If there is another option at left back then Houston shouldn't sign anyone for that position. I'd be happy with one more quality signing in the middle of the park that can make a difference if Sibbald doesn't stay which I don't think he will. 

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Have you guys played any friendlies yet. What do you think the season will hold. We drifted in and out of the Dundee game when in we were very direct  entertaining to watch. I'm hoping for top four so will judge that after the first quarter. 

Just pumped Hungarian juggernauts MTE 1904 1-0 this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

McHattie is absolutely gash. Relegated wi hearts. Nearly relegated wi killie, then relegated wi raith rovers. Shags Gary Locke to get a game.

f**k off McHattie u Jambo Fife c**t

So so factual.

From the same source where I'd discovered our initial pursuit of Aiden Connolly from York City, we are looking into the possibility of bringing in Rory McKeown, formally of Kilmarnock and Raith. Left back who last season swapped Ray McKinnon's Raith for Accrington Stanley but it hasn't worked out for him down there.

By the sounds of things we'd have to ship players out to bring any more in so it'd be up to Houston and the club whether they were happy with Gallacher and Henderson as cover for left back.

In other news good to see O'Hara back in the first team again and getting a goal.

From the same source where I'd discovered our initial pursuit of Aiden Connolly from York City, we are looking into the possibility of bringing in Rory McKeown, formally of Kilmarnock and Raith. Left back who last season swapped Ray McKinnon's Raith for Accrington Stanley but it hasn't worked out for him down there.

By the sounds of things we'd have to ship players out to bring any more in so it'd be up to Houston and the club whether they were happy with Gallacher and Henderson as cover for left back.

In other news good to see O'Hara back in the first team again and getting a goal.

Looked at him last year also when they weren't sure if Leahy was going to resign last summer.

Aye. Clip of the goal on the twitter page

Also on the twitter page some photos of the fans at the game and with Houstie aswell. It is my pleasure to report plenty of absolute lookers in our fanbase aswell as team. Presumably Senor Bairn is in there. Couldnt see the soles of any shoes to check for #blood

Didn't get a photo with big houstie, in a couple of the videos on twitter but I was keeping me nut down x

I'm trying to remember the name of a guy I saw playing for Falkirk in, I think, the seventies.

He was short and dumpy, bald but what hair he had was quite straggly. 

His play wasn't what you would you call silky nor did he have any noticeable technical ability.

He might have had the nickname Tiger  

Is this ringing a bell with any of you Falkirk enthusiasts?

My memory might be playing tricks on me but if not a name would be much appreciated  

11 minutes ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

I'm trying to remember the name of a guy I saw playing for Falkirk in, I think, the seventies.

He was short and dumpy, bald but what hair he had was quite straggly. 

His play wasn't what you would you call silky nor did he have any noticeable technical ability.

He might have had the nickname Tiger  

Is this ringing a bell with any of you Falkirk enthusiasts?

My memory might be playing tricks on me but if not a name would be much appreciated  

McLaughlin?

I think Tiger still attends matches, he used to sit beside John Markie in the main stand.

Very pleased with the Loy signing, an upgrade on Baird overall, but which one of the two would you want to take your penalties?

Keep Muirhead on them.