The Falkirk FC Thread

I see #Loyman has managed to extract the Morton Virgin out from under his rock to come steaming in here with his usual tired patter.

Not long till he works himself into an absolute rage advises someone to take an overdose again. Unsavoury little man.

He's probably upset at that great Morton team having a pointless/irrelevant season. Set for another one this year. Shame.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Tbf that tag only applies at Falkirk, who have a particularly gullible and gormless fanbase.

Imagine feeling optimistic after signing a proven goalscorer who had a good relationship with the fans in a previous spell with the club. Shame on us :(

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

:lol:

Your club sent out a panic statement just a few weeks ago about how much you need big ST sales to fund signings. On top of the farcical Budapest trip and the drastically reduced commercial spending, I'd be rather concerned if I was a Falkirk fan at the moment.

Panic statement ?

Making fans aware of numbers and an apology of the the Budapest scenario isn't panic

I thought pars fans tell tale signs of panic is complete denial of being trouble, we are not in trouble statements, we won't go bust even tho even Leishmans dug knew they were fuked.

Keep the monthly sub's going to subsidise journeymen from the seaside leagues, relegated players from this league and the occasional failed player above that, the sell on fees for them players will take you back to where you belong....!!!

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Tbf that tag only applies at Falkirk, who have a particularly gullible and gormless fanbase. 

Bob McHugh........2yr contract.....

I'm still pissing myself......thanks for that gem

35 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I heard we had continued to sell well the last few days following pay day etc. Wouldn't be surprised if we are now over 2,600. Fully expect us to hit 3,000 again come the league KO.

As much as I hate the set up of the league cup, it will provide all clubs with a season ticket sales boost if the club starts off well, so hopefully we will to do so.

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Having said that we still have DU in the league who, all things being equal, are probably the 6th 'biggest' club in the country and really should be miles ahead of the rest in terms of budget and players they can attract. We've probably already seen that to an extent with their signings of Scobbie, King and Keatings as I'm sure they will be paying more than any other club in this league would be prepared to offer.

Hopefully McKinnon gets it way wrong!

McKinnon is a clown tho, if we had shown the form they had throughout the season, a huge winless league run and the horrible away form, I reckon Houstie would've been lucky to be here or most managers in this division.

The home form kept him in a job or perhaps £s to sack him, its proof to how poor the league was last season that they finished 3rd and could've been 2nd

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Haud the fucking bus, a week ago you were on here pishing your pants that Falkirk were just doing the same old shite, signing players within 40 miles of you, doing nothing to excite fans to buy season tickets, Alex Harris :bairn etc. and now you're here championing the great work by the Falkirk board in getting money in early to allow them to bring in players like Loy. :lol:

I'm not championing anything I was just replying to a post that stated we'd put out a panicky message pleading with fans to buy season tickets in big numbers. I'd still like to see us casting the net wider for players and whilst I'm pleased with loy one quality signing does not a season make as queens have found out.

34 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

United selling 3800 STs isn't good, they budgeted for 4500 according to my United supporting colleague. They had over 5000 last season so that budget is way down even taking into consideration less away supports and a lesser payment from the premiership.

Your colleague's a blether. You can take 500 off each of those figures.

Dundee Utd, Falkirk, St Mirren, ICT (depending on the rebuild) should comfortably make up the top 4 with Morton behind them. Will hopefully be really competitive at the top, would love a proper title race after the foregone conclusions of the past few years.

I'd prefer to be out of sight come Jan, get back to the carnival atmosphere every sat.....

I'm bang up for McHattie tbh.

We need LB cover so theres that. Also, Lukey was untested at LB when Houstie moved him there and he turned out dynamite. If PH works his magic we could be on to a winner.

He might have gotten exposed in a p!sh team but in a Falkirk side who predominantly attack with the beautiful Peter Grant on his inside to keep him right I will be happy to give the lad a chance Get the i's dotted and the t's crossed, Kev.

Also, mon the over wee Kev over in Buda.  

I'm bang up for McHattie tbh.
We need LB cover so theres that. Also, Lukey was untested at LB when Houstie moved him there and he turned out dynamite. If PH works his magic we could be on to a winner.
He might have gotten exposed in a p!sh team but in a Falkirk side who predominantly attack with the beautiful Peter Grant on his inside to keep him right I will be happy to give the lad a chance Get the i's dotted and the t's crossed, Kev.
Also, mon the over wee Kev over in Buda.  

He was pish in a Hearts team that ran away with this league.

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

He was pish in a Hearts team that ran away with this league.

Clearly no that pish if teams are willing to give him a shot in the championship again, a tend to trust someones judgement when they get paid to manage a football team rather than a fan saying he's guff.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Clearly no that pish if teams are willing to give him a shot in the championship again, a tend to trust someones judgement when they get paid to manage a football team rather than a fan saying he's guff.

Trusting a manager's judgement that much. :lol:

7 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Gary Locke loves McHattie. Therefore he's a winner in my book.

Get him signed, Falkirk bairns.