The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don't think Froxylias has looked fit to be honest. Didn't know anything about him before we signed him and it may just be his build but he doesn't look match fit to me.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree Harry. Was he full time at Dumbarton ??

Not going to get match for if he never gets any game time. He's either injured or Hartley has decided he's playing with a flat four in which case he's not going to see much game time, barring injuries. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
I agree Harry. Was he full time at Dumbarton ??

I may be wrong GB but I'm sure I read on here he was part time. If that was the case it may take him a wee bit time to get up to speed.

Cheers Harry. Maybe doing some intensive pre-season training then to get him up to a higher level of fitness.

Not going to get match for if he never gets any game time. He's either injured or Hartley has decided he's playing with a flat four in which case he's not going to see much game time, barring injuries. 
Totally agree, in the 2 games I saw him where he only played 45 mins he looked like he had the touches and was trying to drive us forward but he looked like he was breathing out his arse at times.

It may be the case that he has a wee injury.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 21:23, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Unfortunately never got to fully experience Brockville. I was only a baby when I went to the last game there. I’m stuck watching part time fans and a half filled stadium with a team of half-okay players against part-timers... emoji24.pngemoji24.png

There was the game at Brockville against Hibs midweek, when Willie Cunningham had turned down the Scotland job. The ground was full a good hour before kickoff. The atmosphere was electric. The grandstand was packed and everybody in the ground was shoulder to shoulder. To say the bairns fans were ecstatic is an understatement. Willie Cunningham  was being chanted to show his face, and he did so about 20 minutes before kickoff. Was told the cheering could be heard in Camelon.  Falkirk beat Hibs 3 - 1 that night and it was the great Eddie Turnbull side. Only one winner that night. What a night , what an era, what a time to be a Falkirk Bairns fan. Glory days indeed.

Guest Back Post Misses

As much as we are iffy going forward I don’t see us conceding as easily as this Highland franchise. Their keeper is rotten

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Froxy looks a player but I also agree he doesn't look like he is fit. Remember it took Austin a while to get up to speed when going from part time to full time

Exactly what I was about to post tho Austin had and has issues with his paper muscles at times, easily torn

The big difference tho is Froxy has shown it at times at this level tho and Austin was untried albeit scoring against higher level teams in the cup for East Fife

Exactly what I was about to post tho Austin had and has issues with his paper muscles at times, easily torn
The big difference tho is Froxy has shown it at times at this level tho and Austin was untried albeit scoring against higher level teams in the cup for East Fife
The problem these players have is they wouldn't be at the same fitness levels as full time players and then they go on holiday and enjoy themselves so by the time they come back for pre season they're a mile behind the other guys

Guest Back Post Misses
There was the game at Brockville against Hibs midweek, when Willie Cunningham had turned down the Scotland job. The ground was full a good hour before kickoff. The atmosphere was electric. The grandstand was packed and everybody in the ground was shoulder to shoulder. To say the bairns fans were ecstatic is an understatement. Willie Cunningham  was being chanted to show his face, and he did so about 20 minutes before kickoff. Was told the cheering could be heard in Camelon.  Falkirk beat Hibs 3 - 1 that night and it was the great Eddie Turnbull side. Only one winner that night. What a night , what an era, what a time to be a Falkirk Bairns fan. Glory days indeed.

I remember I was out playing and my Dad came running out the house to tell me he had turned the job down, he was jumping up and down like a mad man. Great memories

27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Watching them at the back we need to start Haber next week. They’ll be shit scared of him.

Him and mackin will cause them all sorts of problems if greenwood and petra can give them the service. Lewis would be another impact option. Fucking bring it on

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If I remember correctly, it was the same game that Tam Young scored a "screamer" ?

If I remember correctly, it was the same game that Tam Young scored a "screamer" ?
Think that was the same game.
Falkirk won 2-0 ... league cup midweek.
I remember it well because we used to always go to the Hope Street end .. but that was full so we had to dash round to Watson Street.
Just checked on better meddle... 20,000 at the game.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think we need to be patient with Sammut and not write him off. He will defo add value to the team. 

oh I'm not writing him off, I expect he'll get up to speed.  just probably against ICT for his first real action is not going to be good for him.  I'd expect it to be very physical

Edited by MetalWolf

5 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

Think that was the same game.
Falkirk won 2-0 ... league cup midweek.
I remember it well because we used to always go to the Hope Street end .. but that was full so we had to dash round to Watson Street.
Just checked on better meddle... 20,000 at the game.

Yes, that`s definitely it....we had beaten Aberdeen 3-1 in another classic to get to the qf. I can recall it being under floodlights when Tam young scored must have been 30yds out at least and I`m sure it was the Watson St end so you would have gotten a good view of it. Happiest I`ve ever been as a Falkirk supporter, genuinely felt we could beat anybody at Brockville back then.