The Falkirk FC Thread

Looking at that nostalgia piece at Kilbowie what struck me was just how strong that defence was. That is a top 4 in the Premier league defence with a top quality keeper too. It still astounds me we kept Davie Weir as long as we did. 

Edited by Swordfishtrombone
Shit spelling

Guest Back Post Misses
How dare Hartley experiment with the team in a prestigious cup competition. If he was any sort of manager at all he should pull the names out of a hat against ICT and if they win bask in the glory. If they get beat he can just say " they did not look like that in their YouTube video.

I seriously think he does that sometimes.

I would wager not one c**t on here will get his team selection right next week.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fasan

Muirhead McGhee Dallison Robson

Petra Sammut TOE Greenwood

Mackin Haber. 

I think I'll be with two of a full house. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ill take a good guess at it.

Fasan

McGhee

Harrison

Dallison

Robson

Petra

Paton

Toe

Greenwood

Lewis

Haber

44 minutes ago, Russ said:

Deserved win in the end imo. As poor as we were first half we stepped it up in the second half and looked pretty comfortable. Leo Fasan barely touched the ball in the second half.

Good couple of goals from Mackin the first a simple free header from a corner and the second a really smart finish from a tight angle. Our best player today for me, he’s got a good touch and his hold up play looks quite good as well.

Felt the subs all helped us and had a positive impact. TOE is our best midfielder he’s the only one we’ve got currently that is able to get forward effectively and he’s not afraid to get stuck it either. Greenwood looks a player as well plenty of pace and was always looking for the ball. Haber as well though clearly isn’t up to full fitness yet got an assist for the winner and put himself about.

We only looked better in the second because we're full time. 

Ill take a good guess at it.
Fasan

McGhee
Harrison
Dallison
Robson

Petra
Paton
Toe
Greenwood

Lewis
Haber
Would be my guess. Paton rather than Sammut. First league game is high stakes and the young lad might need eased in.

Haber has to start as he is now our best striker. The two wingers have to start if one of the two big lumps start.

The defence seems obvious in terms of personnel.

The decisions as far as I can see are, Lewis or Mackin with Haber, and who plays alongside Paton.

We will have to wait for next week and see how we go. The problem we can have is that plenty of our support have no idea about football teams, last couple of seasons and loads of our fans were giving the "we won't get up through the play offs" as if the bottom 6 of the top league is inhabited by godlike footballing teams we couldn't compete with. The same guys think we only have to turn up to put 5 or 6 by any part time team.  There isn't as big a gap as people think as results in the league cup show. We can only hope we continue to improve and can get off to a good start COYB.

14 minutes ago, Rocco said:
15 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:
Fasan
Muirhead McGhee Dallison Robson
Petra Sammut TOE Greenwood
Mackin Haber. 

I think I'll be with two of a full house. 

Who was playing right back today?

Muirhead, as far a sim aware. 

Turner is not a footballer.  He’s been embarrassingly bad in every game thus far.  Most others have shown glimpses of something, although Sammut is a huge disappointment after the expectation of him.

Mackin surprised me today, he’ll be a great asset for the team.  

Haber looked like he could be very good for us.

14 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Turner is not a footballer.  He’s been embarrassingly bad in every game thus far.  Most others have shown glimpses of something, although Sammut is a huge disappointment after the expectation of him.

Mackin surprised me today, he’ll be a great asset for the team.  

Haber looked like he could be very good for us.

I think we really have to give Sammut time to get used to first team football. There's a big difference between playing against Man City under 21s and East Fife.

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Probably Hartley couldn't guess his team selection for next week, that's how random it could be

20 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

We will have to wait for next week and see how we go. The problem we can have is that plenty of our support have no idea about football teams, last couple of seasons and loads of our fans were giving the "we won't get up through the play offs" as if the bottom 6 of the top league is inhabited by godlike footballing teams we couldn't compete with. The same guys think we only have to turn up to put 5 or 6 by any part time team.  There isn't as big a gap as people think as results in the league cup show. We can only hope we continue to improve and can get off to a good start COYB.

Id like to guess(tho some of our support not) that anyone suggesting we wont get up via play offs are of the impression that finishing 3rd or 4th that its a step too far, I myself said when they were first introduced and the format, that Id be surprised if I see a team go up that finish 3rd or 4th in my life time with the current set up, I still think that's the case playing 6 intense games in 2 week or so is just madness.

The gap between part time teams and full time teams is pretty much large overall but at this stage of the season its pretty much shortened as I still maintain this is far too early for a serious cup competition, you only have to look at full time teams in the third tier to see the gap between full time teams and part time in the league set up