The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

There's barely a page goes by on this thread without Shepherd's name being mentioned usually alongside ridiculous claims about him being 'not good enough for the juniors' or similar. 

The guy will have his pick of league 1 and 2 clubs so there's clearly a player in there. There's no need for the constant abuse from our 'fans'.

There were posts on this thread accusing him and Harris of 'choosing' not to leave. Why should they if they're not being offered suitable compensation by the club? 

article-0-0031D86600000258-543_468x674.jpg

I think Shepherd could be a decent player but not at Championship level. I think he done extremely well at Edinburgh City but I think that's probably down to the fact he has found his level.

He needs to get away from Falkirk, sign a deal with a league 2 club and try to kick on his career from there. It could be the case that in the future he could possibly play at a higher level but that isn't going to happen if he stays with us because at the moment he simply is not good enough for this level.

42 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

There's barely a page goes by on this thread without Shepherd's name being mentioned usually alongside ridiculous claims about him being 'not good enough for the juniors' or similar. 

The guy will have his pick of league 1 and 2 clubs so there's clearly a player in there. There's no need for the constant abuse from our 'fans'.

There were posts on this thread accusing him and Harris of 'choosing' not to leave. Why should they if they're not being offered suitable compensation by the club? 

The point I made, bawsack, was that if he believes he is good enough to be a footballer, he would be banging down the chairman's door to get a package sorted, or failing that, to be released so he could sign elsewhere. Who mentioned ripping up contracts and playing for nothing? 

Sheps and Harris are showing every signs of two duds happy to do f**k all and get paid for it, rather that two hungry pros looking to move on with their career. 

33 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The difference is that Hartley is an experienced football manager and player who is directly responsible for the performance of the team. 

Shepherd is a young guy who's barely played for the club.

He's a five year professional footballer with 80 games under his belt, nit a YTS windowcleaner. 

Sorry bud but your saying Hartley is a professional football Manager, Sheps is a Professional football player so whats your argument 

Even when you look at Careers 

Sheps 62 appearances and 2 goals

Hartleys 47 appearances for accies and 11 goals and that was playing as a midfielder and not a striker.

Going for first clubs on that one by the way 

25 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Saying he's not good enough for the juniors is not abuse. It's saying he's not a good footballer. 

Who has said he chose not to leave? 

On the reverse side, if he's asks to leave, why should the club compensate him? 

The fact he's not in the first team plans, not on loan and not agitating for a move suggests he's happy to wind down and do nothing. 

50 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Have his pick of league one or two clubs? Come on we're getting carried away now.  I'm sure if a team like Raith had wanted him he'd be away already.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Have his pick of league one or two clubs? Come on we're getting carried away now.  I'm sure if a team like Raith had wanted him he'd be away already.

I think a lot of people will be very surprised with where he ends up

3 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I mean, I get the idea of contracts. But when you have basically been frozen out, if you are co tent as a young player to run your contract down, rather than force a move or take a release, then you'd be as well retiring cause your done already. 

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

On the reverse side, if he's asks to leave, why should the club compensate him? 

The fact he's not in the first team plans, not on loan and not agitating for a move suggests he's happy to wind down and do nothing. 

It's pretty obvious that you expect the bloke to rip up his contract, at absolutely no expense to Falkirk to show how "hungry" he is as a pro, you're in a absolute dreamland. 

Falkirk have given him a contract, if they want rid of him early then they're going to have to stump up the cash to make that happen, there should be absolutely no obligation on a footballers parts to bin off a guaranteed wage. It's genuinely absolutely mental to suggest it. 

Unless he is genuinely thick as mince I'm going to presume that he knows his next club will be a part time one, with that it means he'll also have to find another career outwith football, something that he may not be set up for qualifications, or experience wise. With him doing well at Edinburgh City it's fair to presume he should get a decent league two club but the wages will be miniscule compared to whatever Falkirk are currently paying him. 

A footballers career is a short, unpredictable and at this level in Scotland, not especially well paying, I genuinely struggle to see why anyone could have a go at a player for trying to eek out everything they can from it. He could rupture his acl/break a leg in any game and have no career, it's probably just as likely as him turning into some superstar and working his way back upto full time football. 

I, and I imagine every Falkirk poster on here(apart from Scott Shephard) don't know his circumstances at the club, I'd imagine that the fact that him and that Harris haven't been loaned out suggests that Falkirk are trying to dig there heels in, and hoping that the players will bin off their contract rather than sitting in the stand for a year. It's a risky game. 

I dont think anyone is expecting him to rip up his contract he would need to be a looney to do that if he wants out his contract to move then the club enter negotiations with hims and come to a suitable fee that both parties are happy with i dont see the issue.

Just some folk think he should do the honourable thing and walk away no one in there right mind would.

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Just some folk think he should do the honourable thing and walk away no one in there right mind would.

Football fans in general are a bit mental when it comes to appreciating that the players and managers they watch on the weekend are working. You'll see fans saying managers should show some pride and resign when they're not doing well, and demonising opposition players who move onto better paying clubs. And in the above instance, players who aren't playing should rip up there contract to go to lesser paying clubs, it's absolutely wild. 

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

How do you know so much about Sheps.

You are either

1. His friend
2. A relative
3. Him

I think it's clear that he's a relative or friend of some sort, given how personally he's taking this (and the blinkers too).