The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

It's pretty obvious that you expect the bloke to rip up his contract, at absolutely no expense to Falkirk to show how "hungry" he is as a pro, you're in a absolute dreamland. 

Falkirk have given him a contract, if they want rid of him early then they're going to have to stump up the cash to make that happen, there should be absolutely no obligation on a footballers parts to bin off a guaranteed wage. It's genuinely absolutely mental to suggest it. 

Unless he is genuinely thick as mince I'm going to presume that he knows his next club will be a part time one, with that it means he'll also have to find another career outwith football, something that he may not be set up for qualifications, or experience wise. With him doing well at Edinburgh City it's fair to presume he should get a decent league two club but the wages will be miniscule compared to whatever Falkirk are currently paying him. 

A footballers career is a short, unpredictable and at this level in Scotland, not especially well paying, I genuinely struggle to see why anyone could have a go at a player for trying to eek out everything they can from it. He could rupture his acl/break a leg in any game and have no career, it's probably just as likely as him turning into some superstar and working his way back upto full time football. 

I, and I imagine every Falkirk poster on here(apart from Scott Shephard) don't know his circumstances at the club, I'd imagine that the fact that him and that Harris haven't been loaned out suggests that Falkirk are trying to dig there heels in, and hoping that the players will bin off their contract rather than sitting in the stand for a year. It's a risky game. 

Well that's the point, Grant. If nobody wants to pay a fee and he wants off, then that's exactly what he's going to have to do. If he wants to sit on his arse for a year, then try and find a club that will take him after 18 months, then that's down to him as well. 

O’Hara is a good player who lacks confidence at senior level due to his failure to score. The longer he goes without a league goal the less chance he has of getting over it. Would love to see him blast a hatrick against someone. The difference would be remarkable

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont think anyone is expecting him to rip up his contract he would need to be a looney to do that if he wants out his contract to move then the club enter negotiations with hims and come to a suitable fee that both parties are happy with i dont see the issue.

Just some folk think he should do the honourable thing and walk away no one in there right mind would.

Not at all, but if he wants away, and there's nobody willing to pay him off, then he needs to cancel his contract. If the club are happy to let it run down, and he wants off early, then it's on him to take the hit, not the club. 

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

O’Hara is a good player who lacks confidence at senior level due to his failure to score. The longer he goes without a league goal the less chance he has of getting over it. Would love to see him blast a hatrick against someone. The difference would be remarkable

bloody John Baird ;)

2 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

The difference is that Hartley is an experienced football manager and player who is directly responsible for the performance of the team. 

Shepherd is a young guy who's barely played for the club.

Shepherd is 22 ffs not some 17/18/19 yr old trying to start his career. 

Football is a highly critical public sport, where one minute you could be a hero or a villain.

You could say Shepherds cross into the box v Raith was his David Beckham's free kick goal v Greece and David Beckham's kick out at Diego Simone was Shep's career at FFC, the hero and villain high and lows.

Shepherds been given full time tools at Falkirk to find his level or leave the game longer than some players who had more prospects of playing at a higher level, I'm sorry for me as it stands its Shepherd 1 Falkirk 0..... He is winning

Edited by MrDust

Back to Saturday, cannot wait for this.

Think the crowd has a huge part to play. We will have quite a few youngsters out there and the last thing we want is for negativity and nerves from the crowd to affect them early doors.

Hope the young team are in fine voice and every other fan who doesn't normally sing gets right behind the team.

COYB, BOO BOYS PIPE FUCKING DOWN.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Back to Saturday, cannot wait for this.

Think the crowd has a huge part to play. We will have quite a few youngsters out there and the last thing we want is for negativity and nerves from the crowd to affect them early doors.

Hope the young team are in fine voice and every other fan who doesn't normally sing gets right behind the team.

COYB, BOO BOYS PIPE FUCKING DOWN.

i really hope this is the case, unfortunately can just about hear the HT boo boys already

40 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Remember O'Hara's debut against the Sevconians and thought we'd be very lucky to still have him in a couple years time. 

I don't feel lucky punks.

His debut was Queens away was it not? The 1-0 defeat the week before the Scottish Cup Semi Final. When we had 0 strikers. Well Lewis Morgan...

Edited by BendtnerBairn

3 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Would you be quite happy to rip up your contract at work for free? No, you wouldn't. So why should Harris, Shepherd or anyone else?

There have been numerous examples over the years of unwanted players being asked to accept a settlement which is less than their full contract value. They'll l often take it, either for the chance to get out and start again, or because they can get another deal elsewhere where the value of the new contract and previous settlement is greater than what they were on before. Or is for a longer duration.

As we don't know what they were on at FFC, what they've been offered to leave or what's on offer elsewhere, it's not really fair to criticise the players. So I'm on your side with that one.

However, I'd be very surprised if they'd been asked to "rip up their contract for free". I don't believe that's how things are done. What basis do you have for making such a claim?