The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Really, what we are seeing isn’t about fine details one way or the other. It’s stark, it’s brutal, and it’s awful, and it’s all the making of the CEO and Paul Hartley.

All I can hope is that Hartley’s removal might well be like a dark cloud being lifted from above the club, and that a new guy might be able to set us up to survive (but even that will require a new three man spine to the team).

Hartley being allowed to continue will prove to be a disastrous decision. He will continue to “work hard” in training (which will improve nothing), and he will continue to panic come team sheet time, and will come up with another wild permutation that won’t work either.

None of the players are going to come out at this stage and be honest about how bad it all is. Silence shouldn’t equate to them being happy about what has happened to them.

We need to be really careful not to be completely cut adrift of 8th by January . The longer Hartley stays, the more defeats will inevitably rack up.

And no, I'm not ruling out 10th either.

This is an absolute crisis. I never thought we could go down last year. I genuinely think it's more than possible now. I don't think there's 2 clubs we can finish ahead of .

I got slaughtered for calling out the scout two weeks ago.

Yeah but two weeks ago, I dont think you could have predicted a performance like yesterday was coming tbh. I doubt even Shadwell would have thought it was going to get significantly worse in our two weeks off rather than slightly better as time went on. I had seen shite performances but with wee shoots of something to be built upon. Not only have we not built, but we appear to have killed the shoots.

This is why I think we have a broken camp rather than simply players that arent good enough. They probably arent good enoigh to acheive promotion. I do not believe for a second that they are not good enough to muster a shot on target in a home game, unless there is some other factor at play here.

And tbh, it really isnt hard to believe Hartley might have ostrasised himself from the players.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Just looked at Bet365 this morning and we are now down to eighth in the betting for the Championship. Who’s below us? Alloa and QoS!
If anyone was in any doubt we are in trouble....

Aye. A lot depends on the next manager and January. 

I might take 9th and the playoffs just now if offered. 

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What does a guy from down there know about what is needed in this league? We can all point the finger at clubs releasing and signing players who have been around the houses at this level all we want, but the tried and tested way of having a few of these, two or three with a bit extra quality with a few younger hungry players is what will win the league. Nothing has changed from when we won this league in 2002 and 2004.

Yet our CEO and manager thought they knew best and have landed us in a huge hole.

We all thought it was interesting and exciting but there was always a “what if” with me too.

We all wanted it to succeed, and maybe with the right people making the decisions, it could have worked. However, we got the wrong people making the wrong decisions and we ended up with the wrong players.

Thing is, we all knew it just might be disastrous, and all the summer stuff was a laugh. No-one truly believed we were about to turn into Liverpool.

Equally, no one thought we would genuinely become a mid table seaside league 2 side in a single bound. Make no mistake, that’s what has happened to us.

good interview by McGhee. he'd be the first name on my team sheet every week. seems to care and also has some ideas about what's wrong rather than these staple vanilla answers you usually get.

differences in the sides was stark yesterday dobbie receives a throw in 35 yards out beats his man and gets a shot away. we watch a cumbersome haber and naive Lewis not create one chance for themselves all game.

Harkins dead ball delivery on a pin head and we have petravious hit a corner which not only cleared all the players but the box and nearly went out for a shy at the half way line on the other side. incredible

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We all wanted it to succeed, and maybe with the right people making the decisions, it could have worked. However, we got the wrong people making the wrong decisions and we ended up with the wrong players.

Thing is, we all knew it just might be disastrous, and all the summer stuff was a laugh. No-one truly believed we were about to turn into Liverpool.

Equally, no one thought we would genuinely become a mid table seaside league 2 side in a single bound. Make no mistake, that’s what has happened to us.

Its actually borderline impressive to sign so many bad players. 

You'd think if any of us looked round the English lower leagues and found 16 players at random from their squads we'd struggle to go 0 for 16 on success stories. 

Yeah but two weeks ago, I dont think you could have predicted a performance like yesterday was coming tbh. I doubt even Shadwell would have thought it was going to get significantly worse in our two weeks off rather than slightly better as time went on. I had seen shite performances but with wee shoots of something to be built upon. Not only have we not built, but we appear to have killed the shoots.

This is why I think we have a broken camp rather than simply players that arent good enough. They probably arent good enoigh to acheive promotion. I do not believe for a second that they are not good enough to muster a shot on target in a home game, unless there is some other factor at play here.

And tbh, it really isnt hard to believe Hartley might have ostrasised himself from the players.

I was worried when we could hardly get out of our own half in the friendly against TNS tbh. I’m also not so convinced that we weren’t bothered in the Betfred cup and we were really that bad.
We didn’t have a shot on target yesterday and I’m not sure we had more than one at home to ICT either. There were some positive signs in the second half against Thistle but I tempered that at the time recognising that Thistle took their foot off the gas at 2-0.
The big problem now is that the argument (or hope) that the issue was that players were being played out of position is not there after yesterday. We can now see why Hartley was setting us up so defensive.
We may be this season’s Brechin....at least until Christmas.

I was worried when we could hardly get out of our own half in the friendly against TNS tbh. I’m also not so convinced that we weren’t bothered in the Betfred cup and we were really that bad.
We didn’t have a shot on target yesterday and I’m not sure we had more than one at home to ICT either. There were some positive signs in the second half against Thistle but I tempered that at the time recognising that Thistle took their foot off the gas at 2-0.
The big problem now is that the argument (or hope) that the issue was that players were being played out of position is not there after yesterday. We can now see why Hartley was setting us up so defensive.
I dont think he is setting us up defensively. I think he is failing to get the players to understand their roles and interactions with one another.

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Its actually borderline impressive to sign so many bad players. 

You'd think if any of us looked round the English lower leagues and found 16 players at random from their squads we'd struggle to go 0 for 16 on success stories. 

The problem started with the club allowing Hartley to sign the dross from lower league English clubs. 

If anyone seriously believes the sixth and seventh tier of football down in England is any good is deluded. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I dont think he is setting us up defensively. I think he is failing to get the players to understand their roles and interactions with one another.

I think there’s more than that involved in this mess. Some of it may be organisation, but some of it will be unwillingness to accept how awful some of his signings are (Paton as an upgrade for Tom Taiwo being particularly laughable), and his stubborn side that will see him stick by them to prove a point (but not earn one).

Come on guys, enough is enough. He isn’t going to fix this.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think there’s more than that involved in this mess. Some of it may be organisation, but some of it will be unwillingness to accept how awful some of his signings are (Paton as an upgrade for Tom Taiwo being particularly laughable), and his stubborn side that will see him stick by them to prove a point (but not earn one).

Come on guys, enough is enough. He isn’t going to fix this.

Bet he still doesn't start Robson next week either. He'll have to wait til the diddy cup. 

As much as I believe most of the players lack any footballing ability, Paton as a prime example, it can’t be much fun walking into training everyday disliking your manager and his methods and actually thinking he is a p***k. Edibairn got slated on here for insinuating that Hartley had fallen out with every player and the tea lady but I’m beginning to think he wasn’t far wrong. There is something seriously wrong inside our club right now and a more affable and approachable manager would surely get more out of these players. If Hartley stays we are heading for League 1. Alloa aren’t Brechin and will take points off other teams unlike us!!

Very insightful interview from Jordan McGhee.

Forgot the other comedy moment. Queens corner in front of the SS. As the ball comes over EVERY SINGLE FALKIRK PLAYER bar the keeper ran towards the ball as it sailed over them landing on the napper of a surprised Queens midget on the edge of the 12 yard line giving him a free header. Which he missed, probably from laughing so hard. 

40 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Has petra not been involved at international level for lithuania. Should find the championship a scoosh. Mind you having seen him i reckon it mustve been at kabbadi or something. Certainly not fitba.

Still adds up to less than 30 or so games. Literally still learning as a pro. He is murder though. Might learn, might now. Problem is we don't have the time for players to learn on the job. Same goes for Dallison. 

35 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Fair play to Jordan McGhee for his post match interview. Could see he was raging and definitely undertones of alluding to half the team being shite .

Guess he'll never get to do another post match interview. 

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're right about that. I'm honestly not on a fishing trip, but for all we were good yesterday I'm still shocked at how poor Falkirk were. Not only was it the worst Falkirk side I've seen but part of me was even questioning if it was the worst side I've seen us play in a game at this level. Brechin last season were extremely poor. But even in the games we hammered them the stats look better than they did yesterday. 

Hartley needs to get those players moving soon or Falkirk will be fighting with us at the wrong end of the table. 

Screenshot_20180826-102716.png

Screenshot_20180826-102754.png

Screenshot_20180826-102805.png

Never mind the screenshots, get your messages read, ya monster! 

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What does a guy from down there know about what is needed in this league? We can all point the finger at clubs releasing and signing players who have been around the houses at this level all we want, but the tried and tested way of having a few of these, two or three with a bit extra quality with a few younger hungry players is what will win the league. Nothing has changed from when we won this league in 2002 and 2004.

Yet our CEO and manager thought they knew best and have landed us in a huge hole.

We all thought it was interesting and exciting but there was always a “what if” with me too.

He was the head scout for Ross County and they did not bad signing players. I reckon what's happened is he's been given the wage budget for the year and been told how many players we need. This is the inevitable outcome. We would have been better off with one centre half on good wages than the three defenders we signed. Same goes for midfield, made worse by the fact Paton will be on a swedge. 

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Forgot the other comedy moment. Queens corner in front of the SS. As the ball comes over EVERY SINGLE FALKIRK PLAYER bar the keeper ran towards the ball as it sailed over them landing on the napper of a surprised Queens midget on the edge of the 12 yard line giving him a free header. Which he missed, probably from laughing so hard. 

That to me sounds like a certain tramp isn't even covering the basics in training. I mean, for f**k sake, primary school. Midget on each post, big defender on the biggest guy and someone ready to deal with a short ball. Then you keep an eye on the flight of the ball, shouldn't be difficult to go over in training. Deeply worrying. 

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

That to me sounds like a certain tramp isn't even covering the basics in training. I mean, for f**k sake, primary school. Midget on each post, big defender on the biggest guy and someone ready to deal with a short ball. Then you keep an eye on the flight of the ball, shouldn't be difficult to go over in training. Deeply worrying. 

There were two players arguing over who should be on the line to the right hand side of the keeper at one corner.