The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

My understanding of redundancy is that the position can't then be filled. Employers can get round that by renaming the job but that obviously can't be done at a football club. (Well with players at least).

It could be an incentive for a player to take a deal though as redundancy payments are tax free up to £30k. 

Probably get round that by them saying on their CV they were football players anyone thats seen us so far this season would probably argue that one ..lol 

44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

How will it either free up wages or cut the wage bill?

It will be costing money this exercise whatever happens

Why are we bothering offering them any sort of payoff to leave now if there's nothing to gain from it then

Why are we bothering offering them any sort of payoff to leave now if there's nothing to gain from it then

Probably because they are moping about dragging things down. Why would they leave for much less than they are due when they effectively are out the game till January?

Maybe getting rid of the guys now just lets you lump the cost in as a one off expense and allows you to keep spending the same money monthly on wages if you have set a cap. There may have been some cash lying or the board may have injected some. The main benefit may just be the show of intent so the fans know the club are backing the new manager after their mistakes. 

32 minutes ago, Rocco said:

At least we won't see Greenwood in people's starting 11's, even though he's lucky if he's played a total of 30 minutes first team football for us

.....and scored our only goal in the first half dozen games which kind of made him our “special one”.

1 hour ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

Well this is welcome news to come out of work and hear. Can we get a few more binned while we are at it? Surprised we've kepy Haber and canned Mackin to be honest. 

That goal will be on his instagram throwback for years to come.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

My understanding of redundancy is that the position can't then be filled. Employers can get round that by renaming the job but that obviously can't be done at a football club. (Well with players at least).

It could be an incentive for a player to take a deal though as redundancy payments are tax free up to £30k. 

It won't be a redundancy but rather a mutually agreed termination, which is what the £30k exemption applies to.

1 hour ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

Well this is welcome news to come out of work and hear. Can we get a few more binned while we are at it? Surprised we've kepy Haber and canned Mackin to be honest. 

It all depend  on who chose to accept and who chose to decline. In most cases, the decision wouldn’t be solely in our hands, and would need the agreement of the player (in Mackin’s case), and the player and the parent club in other cases. There will have been  a few “aye I’ll take that” and other “naw, nae chance” outcomes.

in terms of payroll, there will be little in the way of savings once pay off is level loaded across the term of the remaining contract, and for the English lads, accommodation costs might well be the biggest saving. 

I am sure McKinnon is limited in what he can do now and in January, so he will be concentrating on a core of 15 to 18 players until January. The rest are will be surplus.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Probably because they are moping about dragging things down. Why would they leave for much less than they are due when they effectively are out the game till January?

Anyone need a CEO on loan until Jan

Good with homeless, gutless and useless. Can source all three.! 

11 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Can't be having Maurice Johnston in any best of sides. He did a good job at the tail end of his career, but best XI? Nah...

He was the best header of a ball I've ever seen. His timing was perfection it was a good attribute in the way Lambie played.

My best 11 

Marshall,

Nicol, Hughes, Weir, McQueen.

Crunchie, Taylor, Latapy, McWilliams

Stainrod ,Cadette

Subs, McGovern, Stokes, Mojo, Rae, and Baptie.

2 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

He was the best header of a ball I've ever seen. His timing was perfection it was a good attribute in the way Lambie played.

My best 11 

Marshall,

Nicol, Hughes, Weir, McQueen.

Crunchie, Taylor, Latapy, McWilliams

Stainrod ,Cadette

Subs, McGovern, Stokes, Mojo, Rae, and Baptie.

I think I'd go for the same exact team as you!

Maybe give the gloves to McGovern though; GM was partial to a clanger which I can't really recall MM doing. In fact stick Geordie Watson in there in front of both of them!

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I think I'd go for the same exact team as you!

Maybe give the gloves to McGovern though; GM was partial to a clanger which I can't really recall MM doing. In fact stick Geordie Watson in there in front of both of them!

I was an aspiring but very small goalie as a kid and Marshall was my hero at the time so I'm really biased in that respect. Parks was probably better too.

52 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It all depend  on who chose to accept and who chose to decline. In most cases, the decision wouldn’t be solely in our hands, and would need the agreement of the player (in Mackin’s case), and the player and the parent club in other cases. There will have been  a few “aye I’ll take that” and other “naw, nae chance” outcomes.

in terms of payroll, there will be little in the way of savings once pay off is level loaded across the term of the remaining contract, and for the English lads, accommodation costs might well be the biggest saving. 

I am sure McKinnon is limited in what he can do now and in January, so he will be concentrating on a core of 15 to 18 players until January. The rest are will be surplus.

So basically we are now where we were supposed to be at pre-season, with a slimline squad of quality players supplemented with the reserves. 

Just need to find the quality, and we will be sorted. 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

How will it either free up wages or cut the wage bill?

It will be costing money this exercise whatever happens

f**k me. You can throw the moping about chat out the window cos that doesn't wash, easily papped to reserves or train on their own if that's the case. This is clearly beneficial to the club, there is no other logical explanation as to why an experienced manager would do this. 

And before you start, it's f**k all to do with the board. 

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

It won't be a redundancy but rather a mutually agreed termination, which is what the £30k exemption applies to.

Don't think so, I think this applies to redundancy. Happy to be proved wrong though.