The Falkirk FC Thread

Prize for the best comment of the evening went to the person who pointed out that there`s only one way to get promoted and that`s to invest serious money in the team and used Ross County as an example.

We`ve been trying to do it on the cheap year after year and until we understand this, we won`t progress.

Straight to the point and seemed to be accepted by ML.

I wasn't there last night so appreciate some really decent notes being fed back by many.

what sticks out to me that while our current league position and the academy are undoubtedly very important I agree with Reggie perrin that the thing that would excite me most is the club starting to make inroads into gaining full ownership if the stadium and surrounding land. it's with this you can long term create a better business model and revenue that feeds a new bigger academy and funds better players.

16 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I wasn't there last night so appreciate some really decent notes being fed back by many.

what sticks out to me that while our current league position and the academy are undoubtedly very important I agree with Reggie perrin that the thing that would excite me most is the club starting to make inroads into gaining full ownership if the stadium and surrounding land. it's with this you can long term create a better business model and revenue that feeds a new bigger academy and funds better players.

They mentioned they are actively trying to work with the council on this, but no figure has been revealed by them yet. 

They mentioned they are actively trying to work with the council on this, but no figure has been revealed by them yet. 
great if so. I'd rather put more money into the club if we owned all of the family silver and were more in control of our own destiny. we have a great stadium in a great improving location it would be worth it. as others have said Hamilton and st Johnstone are way ahead of us financially before a ball is kicked each season and negated our far superior season ticket sales.

would be great to own the stadium and land 4th stand with terracing and a hotel in behind or something.

any one guess what the council would want for what they own? £2m? £5m? do they need the money or us it a cash cow they wouldn't want to sell? they own everything non pitch facing is my understanding?

3 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

Whilst I have no strong views on closing the academy (Ray did say that none of the players we kept from the academy are first team ready) I thought it was intersting that Lang stated there was still money left in the academy account to keep it going for the rest of the season. Questions have to be asked where that money has gone surly? Also she did state that parents and coaches were notifed about the closure prior to it coming out in the Falkirk Herald. She also made a good point that as soon as the ugly sisters (East and West)  came sniffing about kids from the academy were off like a shot. 

I had to leave early last night but did she honestly say that the parents were notified prior to it coming out in the Falkirk Herald. The first parents knew about this was an online article by Gordon Waddell. 

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

"Burnin', lootin', rapin' and no shots on target"

Very clever

I'm so glad someone got that!

Coz I'm a (keyboard) warrior

(Navy blue) blood won't wash away.

Coz I'm a (keyboard) warrior

I'll kill myself one day (when Dallison comes back)

Edited by Hank von Hell

Again I'm not up to speed on all things board and academy but have we brought through any decent players since the whole project brave thing came into force? 

There is nothing better than seeing a good youth the club has produced coming into the team but it honestly feels like that hasn't happened for a good while now. Maybe there is reasons for that like the managers not giving them a chance. 

Hopefully if we get things sorted on the park and actually manage to get promotion to the top flight the club will reintroduce  some sort of youth setup on a smaller scale to what we had. 

1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

Prize for the best comment of the evening went to the person who pointed out that there`s only one way to get promoted and that`s to invest serious money in the team and used Ross County as an example.

We`ve been trying to do it on the cheap year after year and until we understand this, we won`t progress.

Straight to the point and seemed to be accepted by ML.

Seemed to work for Livingston last season.

great if so. I'd rather put more money into the club if we owned all of the family silver and were more in control of our own destiny. we have a great stadium in a great improving location it would be worth it. as others have said Hamilton and st Johnstone are way ahead of us financially before a ball is kicked each season and negated our far superior season ticket sales.

would be great to own the stadium and land 4th stand with terracing and a hotel in behind or something.

any one guess what the council would want for what they own? £2m? £5m? do they need the money or us it a cash cow they wouldn't want to sell? they own everything non pitch facing is my understanding?

I have been told it’s on the Council books as £12m!

26 minutes ago, Rob - FFC said:

I had to leave early last night but did she honestly say that the parents were notified prior to it coming out in the Falkirk Herald. The first parents knew about this was an online article by Gordon Waddell. 

Surely nobody actually thought you were going to get the (Truth and nothing but the Truth). 

It wouldn't be in the Bod's best interests if the Fans knew all the running's of the club or what had actually happened prior to the meeting. 

This was a meeting arranged so as to calm the Keyboard Warriors down a touch. 

The only thing that you know for definite is that the Lady is on P@B reading what is discussed. 

46 minutes ago, Rob - FFC said:

Yes she said that the academy staff and parents were informed prior to the article. 

40 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Surely nobody actually thought you were going to get the (Truth and nothing but the Truth). 

It wouldn't be in the Bod's best interests if the Fans knew all the running's of the club or what had actually happened prior to the meeting. 

This was a meeting arranged so as to calm the Keyboard Warriors down a touch. 

The only thing that you know for definite is that the Lady is on P@B reading what is discussed

thats Long Sufferin Bairn outed then..lol

I honestly know someone who worked with the Falkirk Academy a few years ago and could not speak more highly about it. He was genuinely  surprised and disappointed when he heard it had been closed down, as he thought they were doing a great job and had some real talent coming through. 

58 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Yes she said that the academy staff and parents were informed prior to the article. 

She would be better not having these forums then as the more she talks the mores lies she tells. I can 100% say that this was not the case in terms of parents. 

Let's be honest here, it wasnt faith or patience, we had no other option but to play the kids. It wasn't a master stroke of genius football management and foresight. So given the option should we take the hit on the product on the park until kids are up to speed in the hope that some of them might turn out to be decent a season down the line, or if you have money, sign players that would have the club competing straight away. It's a no brainer for me, and these kids and academy should only be a viable option once we start competing again. 

I don’t think the two objectives with the right people in charge need to mutually exclusive. We’ve chucked the baby out with the hater water but I agree the primary focus as a result of the mismanagement must be the 1st team.

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Again I'm not up to speed on all things board and academy but have we brought through any decent players since the whole project brave thing came into force?

Project Brave only started this year. I'm going to push the boat out here and suggest you haven't brought any decent players through in the last 3 or 4 months!