The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Petravicious has been one of our better players this season. He set up both goals yesterday and his pace causes problems. I really can’t understand why we would replace or get rid of him.

I agree. Would like better as a first pick but again, assuming that there won't be enough cash to pay everyone off as well as fund new signings, I'd be happy to have him as back up.

I agree. Would like better as a first pick but again, assuming that there won't be enough cash to pay everyone off as well as fund new signings, I'd be happy to have him as back up.

The guys playing international football for Lithuania. I doubt he’d want to be on the bench at a struggling Scottish Championship side...

3 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Pointless arguing about who is less shit than the other. We only have a handful at most who are worth keeping. 

All I know is Muirhead McKee and Kidd better not be here next season. 

I can't see any of the current squad being here next season regardless of which league we're in tbh.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

The guys playing international football for Lithuania. I doubt he’d want to be on the bench at a struggling Scottish Championship side...

I'm sure all of them want to play but if he's not picked then he'll just have to lump it.

42 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Tommy Robson's a very good player IMO. Passable at full back and very good at wing back. Of course if we could bring in Robertson or Tierney to replace him I'd be all for that but I can't see how we can get better.

There's not a chance that McKinnon will be able to bring in a whole new team therefore he needs to build around the best that we have currently and Robson, along with Bauben and maybe McGhee and Harrison falls into that category for me.

Robson will be leaving the club in January IMO

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What makes you think so?

I don't think Ray's the biggest fan of his defensive abilities in a back 4 which he's said he wants to play. We'll also need to move some players on to bring in better, and I think Robson is probably the only one of the current squad that would attract offers.

8 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I don't think Ray's the biggest fan of his defensive abilities in a back 4 which he's said he wants to play. We'll also need to move some players on to bring in better, and I think Robson is probably the only one of the current squad that would attract offers.

I have no idea of his current thoughts re a move, but I do know that Tommy feels he's found a home in Falkirk. He's appreciated by the fans and gets on very well with the club staff. I'd say he's similar to Will Vaulks in that no matter where his career ultimately takes him he'll look back fondly on his time with us.

While ultimately any moves are dependant on the manager I don't see him being keen on the idea of moving on in January. At least as long as he continues to get game time.  Even if you're right and he's not in the long term plans I'd say there are other positions which need strengthened before looking at a left back.

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Has McKinnon fucked up the same way Hartley did by making it public there's going to be a major clear-out in January?  Looked very like the players had downed tools yesterday. 

I have a funny feeling that Ray McKinnon must have bet on himself breaking the record of a Manager going out of cups in one season.

Would be surprised if oliver burke frozen out of squad will not be offered out?? We will not be the only club looking. Partic thistle nil aint going to throw in the towel . we need some real quality though. Petra would be good with someone prepared to actually get the f**k away from standing ball watching with their back to the defense and make a run. 

36 minutes ago, Eltel said:

Would be surprised if oliver burke frozen out of squad will not be offered out?? We will not be the only club looking. Partic thistle nil aint going to throw in the towel . we need some real quality though. Petra would be good with someone prepared to actually get the f**k away from standing ball watching with their back to the defense and make a run. 

Oliver Burke. Seriously? That is unreal.

Don't think Oliver Burke is quite what we're needing if I'm honest. I hope ray is looking at the Belgian guy that plays for Man City though. Would be the perfect answer to our no 10 problems and could be great in behind Rudden and Petravicius IMO.

McGhee is a player I actually think we have a few seasons too late if anything. If only we'd had a player of his quality in Houston's seasons where we finished 2nd instead of Watson and Gasparotto, I think it would've made a real difference.

I bet he's regretting joining us now with all the shite he's surrounded by.

No I really dont think seriously we could land him on loan. Would never have thought that chis waddle would have come here either though. My point is just about aiming higher. Another 2 or 3 slightly better players in jan will have little effect. 

15 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Yep, I’m struggling to say who I’d keep, at tops McGhee, Prince & Robson, with Petra and Rudden for the bench.

First person to disagree with any, fine by me. I’ll not be easily persuaded to put up any fight today.

I'd keep none of this squad by choice. Zero. Even the marginally better ones like McGhee and Rudden I'd be fine to see horsed.

We can't lose all of them in one window but I'd be disappointed to be here in a year's time with any of this lot still employed by us.