The Falkirk FC Thread

I never seen left back or left sided cb as an immediate priority to replace. A little bit underwhelmed with this signing. Hopefully he plans to use him as a centre back. 
The signing is Rankin-esque in that no one except EdiBairn is surprised. Ray wants 4 at the back. Ray doesnt like Robson at LB. Ray knows Dixon and took him in on trial.

He did mention him at CB to the Herald though during his trial so hopefully hes a multi position signing which is going to be important I feel.

1 minute ago, wee_bairn said:

I never seen left back or left sided cb as an immediate priority to replace. A little bit underwhelmed with this signing. Hopefully he plans to use him as a centre back. 

Left back in a back four with Robson ahead of him maybe?

GK

RB McGhee CB Dixon

RM CM CM Robson

Rudden FW

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

It is if your left back's leaving the club 

If Houston had signed this chump we'd be on here tearing him to shreds. He'll probably do us a bang average turn until the summer which is all we need him for I suppose.

Aye but the alternative strategy of signing guys from the lower levels of English football turned into an absolute calamity.
I don’t give a toss where they come from as long as we avoid relegation.
Not the time to get all precious about the new guys, they are here to dig us out of a very deep hole.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If Houston had signed this chump we'd be on here tearing him to shreds. He'll probably do us a bang average turn until the summer which is all we need him for I suppose.

You make a fair point. Houston had made this signing the response in here would have been very negative.

Hope Dixon does well though. Hope he’s better than the RB Ray signed.

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Aye but the alternative strategy of signing guys from the lower levels of English football turned into an absolute calamity.
I don’t give a toss where they come from as long as we avoid relegation.
Not the time to get all precious about the new guys, they are here to dig us out of a very deep hole.

We're signing him from Grimsby.

I'll continue to call the signings as I see them thanks.

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Here EdiBairn, serious question. If either Tommy Robson is still at the club, or Lewis Kidd is not 1st choice RB come end of Jan, will you continue to post on here?

Of course. The intention is for Tommy Robson to leave the club. But all sorts of factors could intervene to stop that. So no one can be 100% sure it will happen. I'd suggest the fact that Ray's first January signing is a left back indicates that he has no intention of keeping Robson though.

Edited by EdiBairn

You make a fair point. Houston had made this signing the response in here would have been very negative.
I think the difference is that under Houston we were pushing for promotion. We are currently trying to survive so all of a sudden this signing looks good

25 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Was my first thought. What's happened to Russell? He was at one point a very good lb at this level but seemed to suffered with getting switched about positions. 

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think the difference is that under Houston we were pushing for promotion. We are currently trying to survive so all of a sudden this signing looks good

Fingers crossed mate. I’ll save the knicker wetting some had for Dallison, Turner, ToE because they were handsome with sleeve tattoos until I’ve seen how the lad fits into our team/system.

Fingers crossed mate. I’ll save the knicker wetting some had for Dallison, Turner, ToE because they were handsome with sleeve tattoos until I’ve seen how the lad fits into our team/system.
I'm not saying he will be a good signing but I think people have lowered their expectations. This signing looks like it will let Ray go to a back 4

1 minute ago, Rocco said:
4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I'm not saying he will be a good signing but I think people have lowered their expectations. This signing looks like it will let Ray go to a back 4

I agree with you totally. It looks a good signing given where we are.

I just want spared all the pish we had previously.

He at least adds a bit of experience to the back line whether it's a 3 or a 4. Another possibility is him playing in a 3 with Brough moving into midfield and Robson continuing as wing back. I think Brough's looked quite composed and good on the ball when moving forward.