The Falkirk FC Thread

I don’t think anyone could disagree with what McKinnon is saying after the game. To make yesterday more irritating players like Hippolyte and higginbotham looked light years ahead of that bunch we had on the park. It’s been so bad I’ve actually stopped getting angry and the thought went through my head just to stop going. Never in my falkirk supporting life has that entered my head. Even in the ochilview season. Horrible time to be a falkirk fan

11 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

You're right, we can't afford a whole new 11, at least not 11 that would be better than we have. We'll need to keep probably half a dozen or so of today's starters but it's absolutely vital that the players we bring in are 1st picks and much better than what's already there.

It may be the case that some of those that we want to leave and can't find new clubs will dig their heels in and force us to keep them so it's probably worth parting with the cash to pay them off.

The type of players we want that are available will be in demand. Partick and Alloa will be in for them as well. Wages will be an important part of course, but length of contract the potential of the club will also be a factor. The Bairns used to be known as a club that would give players a chance to kickstart their career. Will Vaulks testimonial as to why he approached Falkirk summed it up. That reputation is shot, gone and it's a big loss.  We are in for a battle to sign the right player. Getting a leader in the right position that will make average players around them good players with hopefully one or two of them turn out to be key players is crucial. One player in my time watching Falkirk that did that and made such a difference was George Miller in the great Willie Cunningham side. His presence transformed the team not only with his skill but with his positional sense, teamwork,  organisation and his talking on the park.  

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A bit of me is sad for the young lads who were signed in the summer. They were not capable of playing at this level with the emphasis being put on strength not skill. Hope they can get clubs that suit them as we certainly don’t

I think this is nonsense. We aren't being bullied every week by thugs. We're being passed off the park by superior players. 

The likes of Sammut and Lewis have no skill. They're garbage footballers. That's why they're having the piss ripped out of them by Dunfermline and Queens players.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Outwith the coaching staff, there are three people who know targets - Chair, CEO & football administrator who prepares contracts. Given how frustrated all three used to get at leaks I'm certain none tell you anything. The directors aren't aware of incomings; nowadays they only get told of an arrival half an hour before a signing is announced.

The chances of anyone outwith that circle knowing the level of detail you claim are virtually zero. And if you WERE one of them - say a family member or a scout sent by Ray to assess a player - the broadcasting that knowledge on a public forum  would be suicide for you.

You'ld also have a better knowledge of club matters that have already tripped you up, such as consortium details or youth teams. And as a lifelong Falkirk fan, you would surely have taken the chance to speak to the leader of that consortium. Did you make that call, incidentally?

If leaks are now impossible, how come we've been linked with at least 3 players in the media over the last week, and many of the trialists who've been in this season from Anton Rodgers to Chase Boon have all been named by the media?

Just now, EdiBairn said:

If leaks are now impossible, how come we've been linked with at least 3 players in the media over the last week, and many of the trialists who've been in this season from Anton Rodgers to Chase Boon have all been named by the media?

Agents putting the names out there to let other clubs know that someone is looking at their player.

Simples.

26 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The majority of the trialists who've been named recently were given out by Ray during his weekly press conferences. AR and CB certainly came into that category.

You'll never stop individual stories getting out, particularly from agents trying to drum up interest in their clients. Or journos taking a flyer. But that idea that someone could be ITK enough to know so much of the whole plan - and then be daft enough to put it on the internet - is very unlikely.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The type of players we want that are available will be in demand. Partick and Alloa will be in for them as well. Wages will be an important part of course, but length of contract the potential of the club will also be a factor. The Bairns used to be known as a club that would give players a chance to kickstart their career. Will Vaulks testimonial as to why he approached Falkirk summed it up. That reputation is shot, gone and it's a big loss.  We are in for a battle to sign the right player. Getting a leader in the right position that will make average players around them good players with hopefully one or two of them turn out to be key players is crucial. One player in my time watching Falkirk that did that and made such a difference was George Miller in the great Willie Cunningham side. His presence transformed the team not only with his skill but with his positional sense, teamwork,  organisation and his talking on the park.  

Mate, please don't take this the wrong way, but I long, absolutely long for a post by yourself that does not reference Willie Cunningham and his great sides.

We know how good they were.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'll drive Ryan Flynn through personally. 

Heartless impostor. Definitely not what is needed in a relegation dogfight. 

Ironically he was pretty much the only bright spot in our relegation season in 2010. Looks as though he just can't be bothered with it any more.

Even I wasn't 'ITK' so to speak, I don't think it's rocket science to work out that 1. A significant number of players will be coming in this week and 2. A lot more than 6 players will be signing. 

Ray made perfectly clear in his interview yesterday that the vast majority if not all of the current squad are nowhere near good enough. He even went so far as to say that many 'will never play for this club again'.

Would he have been so blunt if he wasn't absolutely sure of replacing the vast majority of the team? Not a chance. 

The team next week will be a mix of new singing and youth players.

Edited by EdiBairn

18 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Mate, please don't take this the wrong way, but I long, absolutely long for a post by yourself that does not reference Willie Cunningham and his great sides.

We know how good they were.

I'll have you know Sir that every post should reference Willie Cunningham and his great side!

13 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Even I wasn't 'ITK' so to speak, I don't think it's rocket science to work out that 1. A significant number of players will be coming in this week and 2. A lot more than 6 players will be signing. 

Ray made perfectly clear in his interview yesterday that the vast majority if not all of the current squad are nowhere near good enough. He even went so far as to say that many 'will never play for this club again'.

Would he have been so blunt if he wasn't absolutely sure of replacing the vast majority of the team? Not a chance. 

I almost, almost, hope that we sign nae c**t next week just to shut you up!

18 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Will they be from the U19s you claimed we were wasting a five figure sum on until someone pointed out they didn't exist? 

Maybe we can get that money back from the mythical team & put it towards our January war chest? 

#ITKmyarse