The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

If it didn't f**k us completely I'd quite want all bids to be withdrawn to leave this clueless disgrace of a board to wallow in this. 

If I was Kenny or David I'd refuse to have any further talks with these duplicitous arseholes.

You know, they are perhaps daft enough to want that outcome too. Someone muted earlier (BPM?) that some of them might not actually want to go.

They have had the best part of a couple of decades enjoying hospitality in places where it’s by invite only, and that might be hard to give up.

That could only happen if they are really really disconnected from what’s going on around them......

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do you think we’ll end up signing the same level of shit as last season ??

We only have January to go on, and those signings ultimately kept our league position exactly where it was when they all arrived. If whatever we end up with for the coming season doesn’t win the league, then by any measure, we have brought in worse than what we had (again).

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That Goodbye Falkirk thread is entering new depths of cringe the now...

Great scenes of not caring at all about us.

I thought it would have dropped off the end of the world after GTFD?

Do you think we’ll end up signing the same level of shit as last season ??

Very much doubt we will be an attractive proposition to decent players. If you were a player with a couple of offers on the table you would look at the mess we are in and run a mile.

Money always talks as the career of a footballer is relatively short but I can't see McKinnon or whoever is in charge having a great budget. I know a decent amount of ST holders and none have renewed so far and aren't whilst this mob are still at the helm. Low ST sales must impact the budget but for me it's worth it to get rid of Ritchie and Co.

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Very much doubt we will be an attractive proposition to decent players. If you were a player with a couple of offers on the table you would look at the mess we are in and run a mile.

Money always talks as the career of a footballer is relatively short but I can't see McKinnon or whoever is in charge having a great budget. I know a decent amount of ST holders and none have renewed so far and aren't whilst this mob are still at the helm. Low ST sales must impact the budget but for me it's worth it to get rid of Ritchie and Co.

Yes I don’t know of many ST holders that have renewed.

If we get off to a bad start the crowds will plummet.

3 hours ago, brokeville said:

Less that 2 weeks to pre season only 3 weeks to our first closed door fixture and we have 5 players. Whats going on, are we about to apply to the league to withdraw from the BetFred cup?

It comes down to the club being sold to new owners. Accountants will insist on a clean set of books Assets v Debts = value of the club. accountants have a responsibility for due diligence otherwise they could get sued.   Any financial commitment such as squad budget comes off the bottom line. No budget = No new players until the new owners legally have the club with a new set of books. Then and only then will a squad budget be allocated. Everybody involved will have signed a non disclosure order, that is why McKinnon has not uttered a word and no signing rumours. What a mess !

Thing i dont get MR statement said that things have gathered pace faster than they expected that was last Friday, 2 bids withdrawn over the weekend due to them pissing about, but they held off because an interested party hadnt tabled a bid they are either confident of that or their bluffing is shite.

Well the infamous Friday 8pm witching hour is fast approaching. That’s the time to issue a statement prior to shutting everything down for the weekend.........

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Not a peep from McKinnon for weeks, I wonder what he’s thinking about the whole mess from the MSG and the BoDs. Are we even close to signing a player?

His reputation is probably fucked right now in Scotland, if it wasn't he might have just chucked it by now. 

I'm now thinking the board have no intention of selling up and leaving and to be quite honest I've gave up caring about it. f**k knows what team we will have next season, not that I'm likely to go and watch them now!

We only have January to go on, and those signings ultimately kept our league position exactly where it was when they all arrived. If whatever we end up with for the coming season doesn’t win the league, then by any measure, we have brought in worse than what we had (again).

I can’t help thinking that if we had signed Scott Macdonald (and he was training with us) instead of Patrick we would have stayed up . Signing policy has been horrendous for years now .can hardly think of a decent player we signed . Best players were academy graduates or guys like Leah and vaulks who were already with us. Not counting loaners who has been our best signing in the last 3 years? Mark Kerr