The Falkirk FC Thread

Yes and again just because we signed shite doesnt mean we shouldve kept him because he was slightly less shite. He was a squad player and did a job but the fact some folk are desperate to have him back only emphasises how far we've fallen.  We've had far better centre backs than him over the time I've watched Falkirk and hopefully we'll have far better ones again.

Maybe it’s just me, but was he not a Central defender for the runaway leaders of a Championship club last season?
But apparently he’s not good enough for our league one club this season.......

Maybe it’s just me, but was he not a Central defender for the runaway leaders of a Championship club last season?
But apparently he’s not good enough for our league one club this season.......
Being good enough for us currently isnt th issue. When he left no one was arsed because we were led up the garden path of believing that we had the budget and were going to sign better for a promotion push.

Watson had plenty bomb scare moments for us and he was talked about in terms of maybe keeping for a backup when it was his time go.

That he would stroll into our team doesnt change that. If Hartley pisses all over us with Cove Rangers next season it wint change the fact that we were right to bin him. Likewise if McKinnon does well with QP.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Being good enough for us currently isnt th issue. When he left no one was arsed because we were led up the garden path of believing that we had the budget and were going to sign better for a promotion push.

Watson had plenty bomb scare moments for us and he was talked about in terms of maybe keeping for a backup when it was his time go.

That he would stroll into our team doesnt change that. If Hartley pisses all over us with Cove Rangers next season it wint change the fact that we were right to bin him. Likewise if McKinnon does well with QP.

Here was me thinking that this started out as chatter about Dunfermline signing a sub standard Championship defender for this forthcoming season.....

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Here was me thinking that this started out as chatter about Dunfermline signing a sub standard Championship defender for this forthcoming season.....

Aye, I know. I still think Watson is in the mould of yer Craigen type signing who will do ok for them but whilst not a point and laugh Paton type signing, it's a wee bit mediocre. 

Dont see any comedy in it really, would have loved to have him back, but wouldnt expect him to anchor a title challenge either, despite being solid enough for Utd

Aye, I know. I still think Watson is in the mould of yer Craigen type signing who will do ok for them but whilst not a point and laugh Paton type signing, it's a wee bit mediocre. 

Dont see any comedy in it really, would have loved to have him back, but wouldnt expect him to anchor a title challenge either, despite being solid enough for Utd

I definitely got the impression that he was highly rated at United.
As is so often the case with players, they perform better at other clubs if they settle in well and form a playing connection with the players around them.
I’m not convinced re all the ‘shite’ talk. He was probably more than decent and above anything we have had for a couple of years at least now....

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I definitely got the impression that he was highly rated at United.
As is so often the case with players, they perform better at other clubs if they settle in well and form a playing connection with the players around them.
I’m not convinced re all the ‘shite’ talk. He was probably more than decent and above anything we have had for a couple of years at least now....

This is a list of CD's that have played for the club since Watson signed -Grant, McCracken, Gasparotto,  Muirhead, Balatoni, McGhee, Brough, Dallison, Harrison, Edjenguele, McKenna, Buchanan, Durnan, & Toshney, 

Of those I would have Grant, McCracken, Balatoni, McGhee, Edjenguele & Toshney ahead of him so I think he would have done a decent enough job at L1 level.

8 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Watson didn’t replace Grant, McCracken did. Watson and Grant played at Ibrox (last game before Grant went off injured) and were excellent together. 

Watson is a good signing. We should never have let him go. He was a main stay in that Dundee United team last season. 

McCracken signed before Grant did.

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not one person at Falkirk went mad when he got freed because he wasnt anything special. Unfortunately our recruitment let us down after that but at no point over the last few seasons have I been sitting saying christ I wish we still had Paul Watson. Guys wanting poor players back just because they werent as poor as players we've had since. Muirhead was murder at centre back and right back.  

I said at the time we should never have let him go. He’s perfectly capable of playing in the championship, even at the high end , as we’ve just currently seen.

44 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McCracken signed before Grant did.

Little unsure of the point here because both were at the club at least a year before Watson. In terms of the season we finished runners up to Hibs, Watson and Grant played together after McCracken got injured and he never got back in the team until Grant got injured. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

This is a list of CD's that have played for the club since Watson signed -Grant, McCracken, Gasparotto,  Muirhead, Balatoni, McGhee, Brough, Dallison, Harrison, Edjenguele, McKenna, Buchanan, Durnan, & Toshney, 

Of those I would have Grant, McCracken, Balatoni, McGhee, Edjenguele & Toshney ahead of him so I think he would have done a decent enough job at L1 level.

The edge scared me

25 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Little unsure of the point here because both were at the club at least a year before Watson. In terms of the season we finished runners up to Hibs, Watson and Grant played together after McCracken got injured and he never got back in the team until Grant got injured. 

Sorry, misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that McCracken was signed to replace Grant. 

10 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Or a footballer

Who knows, if he simply stooped to head the ball he would have scored and his time with us may have turned out very differently? I always thought that he was the type of guy who would suffer from a lack of confidence and I think that played a large part in his failure. That and being pish. 

22 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

If rumours from a couple of ex pros with links to Dundee FC are to be believed it looks like they could be in admin fairly shortly. You’d imagine they’d be looking to offload players on the cheap. Might be worth the gaffers having a wee nosey up there.

that will be them tying with franchise fc for the same amount of times in admin then, wonder if they will go on with the 13 point deduction or they will keep it as is due to the pandemic.