The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did they not get a 6 figure sum for Bowie and £70k from their just giving page ?

Where has all that money gone ??

No idea GB, seems strange to me. They didn't even top up furlough wages so didn't have that expense either. 

14 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We're just doing the same as you lot did when we got McKinnon from you 

Having your position vindicated by an independent tribunal, receiving compensation for it then watching the club you had an issue with get relegated?

You might well get the pleasure of laughing at Raith being relegated at some point, but I don't think Raymond is a relevant comparison here.

It's a bit of a red neck, all this crowdfunding lark from the promoted 3, who I don't really think had to take their legal fight further and could have left Arbitration to the SPFL. It is very hard to see the panel awarding anything other than some token compensation for Hearts and Partick (a portion of which i'm sure they will donate to Stranraer... ) so I think they can rest assured that their promotions won't be overturned. 

That being said, what an unedifying read the last couple of pages of this thread is. Baying, glorying, in the potential for another club to encounter financial difficulty, a club who merely had the audacity to be above Falkirk and the rest of us in the League at a time that the leagues were brought to a halt, makes you look like a bunch of bitter sore-losers who would rather revel in schadenfreude and cringe worthy conspiracy theories than focus on the fight for the League One title next season.  

You come across like a bunch of dicks. 

Having your position vindicated by an independent tribunal, receiving compensation for it then watching the club you had an issue with get relegated?
You might well get the pleasure of laughing at Raith being relegated at some point, but I don't think Raymond is a relevant comparison here.

Oh dear, it looks like we upset the Ton supporters too much that, literally over a year later, they are still bitter and twisted and ranting and raving.
Still, makes a change from fighting amongst themselves.....[emoji16]

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Oh dear, it looks like we upset the Ton supporters too much that, literally over a year later, they are still bitter and twisted and ranting and raving.
Still, makes a change from fighting amongst themselves.....emoji16.png

You lot really don't do irony. Let's have a look over the last couple of months' worth of this thread or the Falkirk official site shall we? Ooft.

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

When you have a club chairman demand that the season be ended with no other outcome than raith being declared champions go to court then expect other clubs to pick up the tab for your legal case.  In other words they wanted promotion as they wouldnt accept any other outcome, they got it. take the implications that come with it.  Pretty much we accepted the implications that came with McKinnon. (theres your comparison)

16 minutes ago, GiGi said:

You lot really don't do irony. Let's have a look over the last couple of months' worth of this thread or the Falkirk official site shall we? Ooft.

And yet, here you are, with Dunning, on the Falkirk thread, regurgitating the same old shite......

16 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

It's a bit of a red neck, all this crowdfunding lark from the promoted 3, who I don't really think had to take their legal fight further and could have left Arbitration to the SPFL. It is very hard to see the panel awarding anything other than some token compensation for Hearts and Partick (a portion of which i'm sure they will donate to Stranraer... ) so I think they can rest assured that their promotions won't be overturned. 

That being said, what an unedifying read the last couple of pages of this thread is. Baying, glorying, in the potential for another club to encounter financial difficulty, a club who merely had the audacity to be above Falkirk and the rest of us in the League at a time that the leagues were brought to a halt, makes you look like a bunch of bitter sore-losers who would rather revel in schadenfreude and cringe worthy conspiracy theories than focus on the fight for the League One title next season.  

You come across like a bunch of dicks. 

You only need to look at the actions of the raith chairman putting it out to clubs he is championing the cause for reconstruction then voting against it.  Then you had the statement demanding Raith be declared champions and nothing short of that would be acceptable.  then come out publicly and ask for other clubs who are in just as much financial difficulty as themselves at this time to help fund their court action against Hearts and Partick.  

No one is wishing any financial hardship on them but they voted on self interest instead of looking at the bigger picture we had a chance for change in the game and  structure and because the goalposts changed with them being allowed their promotion it was a giant fu to restructuring. You've had 2 teams that have been disadvantaged with spending money on trying to gain entry to the SPFL in kelty and Brora  and that now has to go another season in the hope they gain entry but no guarantees on them winning their respective leagues.  

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You only need to look at the actions of the raith chairman putting it out to clubs he is championing the cause for reconstruction then voting against it.  Then you had the statement demanding Raith be declared champions and nothing short of that would be acceptable.  then come out publicly and ask for other clubs who are in just as much financial difficulty as themselves at this time to help fund their court action against Hearts and Partick.  

No one is wishing any financial hardship on them but they voted on self interest instead of looking at the bigger picture we had a chance for change in the game and  structure and because the goalposts changed with them being allowed their promotion it was a giant fu to restructuring. You've had 2 teams that have been disadvantaged with spending money on trying to gain entry to the SPFL in kelty and Brora  and that now has to go another season in the hope they gain entry but no guarantees on them winning their respective leagues.  

After tonight’s SPFL announcement, RRFC Chairman Bill Clark said, “I am delighted and relieved that the vote has passed. I would like to congratulate the players, John McGlynn, Paul Smith and the entire backroom team for all their hard work throughout the 2019-20 season. It’s down to them all that we were top of the league when play was suspended last month.

We now look forward to the result of the talks on league reconstruction and hope that Falkirk join us in due course and that Stranraer will not be relegated.”

EcTw3VYXsAAgy1n?format=jpg&name=large

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Dundee United, Raith and Cove have been subjected to further hardship by dint of the action of two other clubs, who cited them in their legal dummy spit dispute with the SPFL, and the entire body of clubs who voted with a significant majority to declare all leagues on PPG. That decision, taken by the clubs, meant Celtic, Dundee United, Raith and Cove were champions of their divisions and those at the bottom relegated. 

Falkirk don't need to defend themselves in court, nor do Airdrie or anyone else. Despite saying no club should be punished, Hearts and Thistle have damaged those three by forcing them to court and intend on damaging them further by overturning their promotions, or to hurt all the other 40 clubs by seeking compensation. 

Raith are looking for help because they were cited by Hearts and Thistle, whose fight is really with the SPFL as a whole. 

Nobody is wishing any financial hardship on them? Read over the last few pages. Aye they are. Every club voted out of self interest. Every director and board member has a duty to put the club interest above all other considerations. Hearts and the SPFL board both tried to get an ill-conceived a poorly though through reconstruction rushed through which would have helped Hearts and Thistle and ICT and Falkirk, but which most other clubs decided would do them more harm than good. Which is their call. 

That the Raith chairman seems a bit of a prat is neither here nor there. That Kelty and Brora missed out on a playoff, like every other playoff positioned side, is similarly irrelevant to the lip licking in here over Raith Rovers. And that is what many of you have been doing. It's unedifying. 

24 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

When do people think we will make any signings ?

Go in the market early and get the managers first choices or wait and see and indulge in the traditional last 3 weeks signing frenzy. 

Same answer as always. When an agent picks up the phone and says "we accept your offer". 

Deccy had a deadline of 1500 Friday to let us know whether he was staying or not. I know a couple of others who were shown round the stadium last week and presumably received offers from us. 

Recruitment attempts are ongoing. The chairman pretty much said that in an interview a few weeks back. The timings of when they succeed are outwith our control, unless of course we offer far more than anyone else is likely to. I doubt we'd go down that road with the financial uncertainties at present. 

Just now, Bantabairn said:

Irrelevant? RR chairman is no prat he’s a two faced deceitful liar, Your team was denied a play off after a really decent season and you find this Irrelevant ? And let’s just forget about Kelty & Brora as Irrelevant ? Really ?

Irrelevant to the conduct of some in here over the appeal from the 3 promoted clubs, aye. It wasn't those three clubs who kiboshed the league, shot reconstruction in the foot by failing to put together any sort of appealing proposal and declared the standings on PPG. It was Covid-19, Hearts and the 42 SPFL clubs, in that order. Kelty and Brora are not irrelevant, but they are irrelevant to what I was saying, which is that many of you, actually no a few of you, have been beyond pleased to see Raith in potential financial bother, out of sheer malice. 

Yes, we didn't get the chance of the playoffs and that was annoying as we had a decent shout (especially having been unbeaten against Falkirk all season) but in the grand scheme there were always going to be winners and losers, pros and cons, in any of the various 'proposals' put forward for responding to the Governmental enforced halting of the football due to the pandemic. 

So I'm certainly not holding any other club responsible for the fact that the playoffs didn't happen, nor am I wishing them ill. Because that is small-minded, petty, bitter nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Irrelevant to the conduct of some in here over the appeal from the 3 promoted clubs, aye. It wasn't those three clubs who kiboshed the league, shot reconstruction in the foot by failing to put together any sort of appealing proposal and declared the standings on PPG. It was Covid-19, Hearts and the 42 SPFL clubs, in that order. Kelty and Brora are not irrelevant, but they are irrelevant to what I was saying, which is that many of you, actually no a few of you, have been beyond pleased to see Raith in potential financial bother, out of sheer malice. 

Yes, we didn't get the chance of the playoffs and that was annoying as we had a decent shout (especially having been unbeaten against Falkirk all season) but in the grand scheme there were always going to be winners and losers, pros and cons, in any of the various 'proposals' put forward for responding to the Governmental enforced halting of the football due to the pandemic. 

So I'm certainly not holding any other club responsible for the fact that the playoffs didn't happen, nor am I wishing them ill. Because that is small-minded, petty, bitter nonsense. 

Bleeding heart, Maude Flanders pish.

9 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

The raith chairman said publicly he backed a 14 10 10 10 and then voted against it ffs.  It was an appealing enough proposal to him one minute and then when they were handed the title it suddenly became unappealing.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The raith chairman said publicly he backed a 14 10 10 10 and then voted against it ffs.  It was an appealing enough proposal to him one minute and then when they were handed the title it suddenly became unappealing.

This. The can of worms was opened long before Budge called in the lawyers. 

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Some of you Falkirk supporters need to realise that for the sake of one point, this would have been you in this position

Have a nice day

What position is that? Begging for promotion saying we would support reconstruction?

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye, he seems to be a prat. 

That's ultimately irrelevant though, isn't it, because him sticking by his initial claim rather than changing his mind would have made absolutely zero fucking difference to the vote. The top flight clubs weren't having Ann Budge's rushed through reconstruction, even after Neil Doncaster asked them to pretty please consider it. 

licking ones lips over Raith being cited as respondents by Hearts and Thistle in a dispute they had with the SPFL is moonhowler stuff. They cited Dundee united, raith and cove, but funnily enough didn't cite Celtic. Weird, that. 

Falkirk fans only give a f**k because they hadn't managed to catch Raith and because 14-10-10-10 would have promoted them from a playoff position. It's transparent and cringey as f**k.