The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I just have a feeling that our first summer signing is going to be Raffaele De Vita on a 2 year deal and all I'm going to want to do is cry.

Surely Miller will have realised he made a huge cockup signing him in January.

28 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

The remote thought of Di Vita on a permanent contract would give you the boak.. 

He started three games in three months. I think that tells you what the management thought of his performances. No danger they would bring him back. 

"Late July" for the fixture schedule, apparently.  

We must win the opening day fixture - for a change - then immediately call for the 20/21 season to be declared.

We go up to the Championship, Hearts come down to League 1, and Cove go back down to 2.  Budge self-combusts. 

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Had a chuckle at the early edition Glasgow tabloids, now reporting that Utd RR & Cove (allegedly)appealing for cash support from fellow clubs & fan crowdfunding appeals after already paying out £50K.

I know there's only so many times you can go to the well surely. I hope we tell them where to ram it. DU were happy enough to spend millions in the championship and cove seem to have a few bob. As far as I'm aware Raith after saying that they would back reconstruction all the way voted against it on the last vote. Did they not just take in 150k for the boy going to Fulham anyway?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

20 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Lunacy at its best, take on professional lawyers and then worry about the costs later, in fact put out a statement seeking all fans to cover the costs, you couldn’t make it up now. Scottish football at its best;

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5779956/dundee-united-crowdfunding-appeal-hearts-partick-thistle/

Theres a couple of bits in that that stick out where Dundee United said they have spent a fortune preparing for the premier league yet they want everyone else to stump up the money to help their legal costs the other bit with the comments of it will ruin the sporting integrity of the SPFL, any integrity it had went after the shambolic vote. 

11 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Spot on, can only imagine what they’ve spent in past few seasons. Funny RR chairman that was in every paper before his now confirmed 13th hour uturn, has disappeared... 

Might sound a bit sour grapes but those clubs that wanted to support the resolution should fund it not the ones that voted against it.  There will be a lot more to come out of this with the judge ordering Doncaster to release all the files relating to it and the vote, the judge found in favour of Hearts and Partick in 2 out of the 3 petitions.