The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

A big IF getting a job outside football in these times. We normally see many players without clubs around this time and past the normal deadline, it's now October and I can see plenty without work and a club past then and go out the game.

It's a dog eat dog world now in these times with clubs surely planning for no fans in their grounds this year.

Of course but then guys like Ryan have obviously managed to do that or they wouldn't be knocking back full time posts. Some clubs sponsors have also managed to give players jobs. Darian mckinnon for example.

32 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wee Bainsfordbairn did say he was going in today... 

Yes, and I also said there were no signings imminent. I stand by that. 

Unless we're doing a remote announcement (such as Callum Ferrie being announced as he was en route from Dundee to the team hotel before a match at Peterhead) then there is nothing happening that would involve me. 

Am I really that wee? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

If true, looks like we are chasing both Alston & Kennedy, or maybe Alston is too far out of reach 

It will be one or the other, Miller said himself GK, Centre Half and an attacking midfielder and thats our business done

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

It will be one or the other, Miller said himself GK, Centre Half and an attacking midfielder and thats our business done

Where did he say this? Don't really believe the Kennedy rumour as last i'd saw he was trying to force his way out of Rangers by not signing a new deal and only has a year left on his deal.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Where did he say this? Don't really believe the Kennedy rumour as last i'd saw he was trying to force his way out of Rangers by not signing a new deal and only has a year left on his deal.

I dont believe the Kennedy one either as like you say he has been told to find a new club and his demands from Rangers was too much.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/goalkeeper-will-be-next-transfer-target-falkirk-says-miller-2940267

“We need that goalkeeper to challenge Robbie, that’s a must at this stage. 

“We also probably need another centre half although we do have players who can cover that, then an attacking midfielder. 

Hopefully that's just a turn of phrase because we absolutely do not need a keeper to "challenge" Mutch, we need a competent back up taking buttons who is only needed in an emergency. I'd take a solid part timer on 150 quid a week to give us more flexibility. 

I think if we lose anyone at the back Gaz Miller to be either Centre half/RB push Mercer to Right CH Dixon to move Left CH and Blair Sneddon on LB (Dixon to talk him through the game) assuming something happens to Hall or Durnan (more like Durnan for a suspension) 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Hopefully that's just a turn of phrase because we absolutely do not need a keeper to "challenge" Mutch, we need a competent back up taking buttons who is only needed in an emergency. I'd take a solid part timer on 150 quid a week to give us more flexibility. 

I think with the challenger to Mutch would suggest they expect someone to come in for him as lets face it he is our most sellable asset

Just now, AL-FFC said:

I think with the challenger to Mutch would suggest they expect someone to come in for him as lets face it he is our most sellable asset

Also as well you've got to try sell the position you can't come out in the papers and say 'we're looking for an average keeper on peanuts that will give us cover but won't get a sniff of playing'

I can't see Kennedy coming to us. I think it's more likely Miller was at Ibrox maybe looking at a loan for a young keeper and/or defender.More chance of us getting Alston than Kennedy and even then it will be a total coup for us to get Alston to drop to league 1. 

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Quick glance through the latest carry on with Hearts, and the new guidelines/protocol with players, seems like that the authorities are making it very clear that they will be targeting the players. Maybe I need to thoroughly review, but seems like this Sky deal will be protected at any cost. 

What part of no training before the 24th of August are they not grasping,, its almost as bad as the Jonny Hayes "i didnt know the rules" and the Boli Bolingoli "I made an error of judgement" you expect those sort of replies from a child.

59 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I can't see Kennedy coming to us. I think it's more likely Miller was at Ibrox maybe looking at a loan for a young keeper and/or defender.More chance of us getting Alston than Kennedy and even then it will be a total coup for us to get Alston to drop to league 1. 

7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Quick glance through the latest carry on with Hearts, and the new guidelines/protocol with players, seems like that the authorities are making it very clear that they will be targeting the players. Maybe I need to thoroughly review, but seems like this Sky deal will be protected at any cost. 

It affects far more than just Hearts. Presumably Falkirk, Raith, Dundee, Partick, Pars etc all have strict plans in place to resume preseason training within the next couple of weeks, possibly as soon as Monday, and remove players from furlough. Well, thanks to Cockwomble and his gang of clowns, forget them. As their obvious response to the "Dylans, Jonnys, Mattys, Leighs, Bolis" and assorted other Premier League thickheads indiscretions is to punish the lower league diddies. You could not make it up. Anything goes, as it long as it does not affect Big Peter's mob and their pathetic 10-in-a-row. I'd be amazed if we even get started, you can see the Championship/League1/League 2 seasons being pulled altogether coming a mile off. Only in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

What part of no training before the 24th of August are they not grasping,, its almost as bad as the Jonny Hayes "i didnt know the rules" and the Boli Bolingoli "I made an error of judgement" you expect those sort of replies from a child.

Or Leigh Griffiths “Gotcha boss, no way I’m having a party at the weekend”.

05361F12-456C-4663-88CB-E9E821FEAC5C.gif

23 minutes ago, AGPar said:

It affects far more than just Hearts. Presumably Falkirk, Raith, Dundee, Partick, Pars etc all have strict plans in place to resume preseason training within the next couple of weeks, possibly as soon as Monday, and remove players from furlough. Well, thanks to Cockwomble and his gang of clowns, forget them. 

At the moment it doesn't affect us as the return date for our players was always the 24th. I'm guessing the only reason Hearts were mentioned was because they're already back, hence the "pause their current training programme until at least 24 August".