The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I agree with this, a 2nd wave on the same scale as before is unlikely.  We have better access to testing and ability to isolate positive cases quicker than before.  As lockdown measures are loosened its inevitable that cases will rise slightly, but keeping these under control is key.  

I expect lower leagues will go ahead and testing will only be in place where there are symptoms or there has been a recent case identified at a club.  No way every club will be testing twice a week and bubbles are impossible due to 2nd jobs.  

Absolutely agree.

Dont know about the SG, but the UK has stated that there will not be another lockdown as the economy cannot stand it and that we will just need to live/or die as best we can.

I think regardless of whether the club policy on speaking out re the general unfairness of Scottish football over the summer was your flavor or not, it's a bit disappointing not to see that sabre rattling followed up now when the diddy teams are being hounded because of stupidity at a higher level.

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think regardless of whether the club policy on speaking out re the general unfairness of Scottish football over the summer was your flavor or not, it's a bit disappointing not to see that sabre rattling followed up now when the diddy teams are being hounded because of stupidity at a higher level.

It might be a case of there but for the grace of god... 

You'ld hope our players are smart enough to learn from the mistakes of others but there are a lot of stupid people in the world. 

Can we leave the conspiracy shite to the bigot sisters?

The SPFL are charging Celtic & Aberdeen as clubs for breaking Covid rules - presumably by not communicating these rules effectively to the players. 

The SFA are separately bringing charges against the players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53783017

I think this is right. Ultimately, the decision to act like arseholes was made by the players so they should bear the brunt of the punishment. The clubs haven't done their jobs as employers properly so they should face punishment too, but I wouldn't want to see games forfeited or points docked for that.

As has been said, it could have been Falkirk just as easily being let down by a few arsehole players.

I think one of the worst offences was made by Sevco when they knowingly put a team on the pitch without waiting for test results. That wasn't accidental, it was a deliberate act. 

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yep. I've got Jambo pals of mine giving it both barrels on my FB at the moment. Really need to not look at my phone. Apparently the whole thing has been orchestrated to get at Hearts specifically. Suuuuuuure.

All clubs were told no training before the 24th when the next statement by the SG will give direction then on reopening of outdoor stadiums at reduced capacity, gyms opening etc is it just me or do certain people fail to understand a simple direction its not hard i mean how difficult is it to understand  avoid large groups in closely confined spaces, avoid countries on the quarantine list and if you do go isolate yourself for 14 days, no group activities before the 24th of August 

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Didn't we have a Queens fan in here saying Falkirk were back in training last week?

Falkirk players have been in doing Gym work. I also heard that testing will cost the club £18,000 a month. I cannot see football at this level re-commencing in October.

Edited by NUMBER 7

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Didn't we have a Queens fan in here saying Falkirk were back in training last week?

We've also had a Pars fan say we are signing Danny Devine, a Raith fan saying we are getting loaned Nando Mendy and a Jambo saying there s a release clause in Keenas contract to allow him a return to Tynecastle.

I would take that with the same pinch of salt as the above

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We've also had a Pars fan say we are signing Danny Devine, a Raith fan saying we are getting loaned Nando Mendy and a Jambo saying there s a release clause in Keenas contract to allow him a return to Tynecastle.

I would take that with the same pinch of salt as the above

tenor.gif

MacAvennie piping up saying how come the Celtic games have been postponed and not the Kilmarnock games as they played on the same pitch, criticising the SG for politics getting involved in football. Saying its jeopardising the Sky deal.

If players followed the guidelines/rules then they wouldnt have to get involved

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sky-could-walk-away-exclusive-celtic-legend-blasts-sturgeon-after-huge-development/

Edited by AL-FFC

It might be a case of there but for the grace of god... 
You'ld hope our players are smart enough to learn from the mistakes of others but there are a lot of stupid people in the world. 

A higher % of the dummies put shin pads on each week and have sleeve tattoos.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

A higher % of the dummies put shin pads on each week and have sleeve tattoos.

Clubs like any employer can only do so much with regards to Health and Safety at work.

This is what you do. This is what you don't do.

People work in dangerous environments and are well aware that their actions not only compromise their own safety but those that work beside them.

In any other working environment and situation all of the players involved would have been sacked on the spot. The union would have had the frame of mind hell mend you ! After all their actions endangered fellow union members. 

Clubs deserve a fine but proportional as they will have done all they could. As for the players / arseholes / bampots whatever - hefty fines on top of the clubs and lengthy suspensions. 

Clyde 1 SSB tonight saying the SFA are the ones taking action against the players the SPFL are the ones taking action on the clubs, Players looking at fine or suspension but it did say tonight the clubs have no excuse as the rules were agreed weeks before the season commenced what the players had to adhere to to let the season commence.

16 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I agree with this, a 2nd wave on the same scale as before is unlikely.  We have better access to testing and ability to isolate positive cases quicker than before.  As lockdown measures are loosened its inevitable that cases will rise slightly, but keeping these under control is key.  

I expect lower leagues will go ahead and testing will only be in place where there are symptoms or there has been a recent case identified at a club.  No way every club will be testing twice a week and bubbles are impossible due to 2nd jobs.  

Have you noticed what's going on in Melbourne? All it takes is one breach from a traveler coming back from a hotspot and this virus spreads like wildfire. Australia had effectively wiped it out and now it's back more deadlier than ever. 

9 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

We've also had a Raith fan saying we are getting loaned Nando Mendy...I would take that with the same pinch of salt as the above

That one needs a bit more than a pinch...the truck was more correct... but he might be available, if you’re interested?