The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest JBJ
45 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Ah well! I'll take a lucky escape. Wanti shut up about it now squire x 

Probably best 😀

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Do we know if they've shafted everyone else they've sponsored were we the only ones stupid enough to fall for their pay monthly pish?

I don’t know the exact details of their contract with us, but the owner of his “correspondence address” in Airdrie would never have anything more to do with them, that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Why's this? Don't get this 'Mcglynn only signs big brutes' kind of spin. He signed Aidan Connolly last summer, Dan Armstrong the year before and his starting full backs last season were Liam Dick and Reghan Tumilty.

Lazy comment that folk seem to have been making me without actually checking his Raith squad.

13 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Good to hear and see that McGlynn took in the Airdrie v Montrose match on Saturday. 

Re a sponsor, may we see Central Dem back now that Totten is back at the club? 

Hard to say. CD were fantastic backers of the club, but I believe they were looking to step down for a few years, but wouldn’t leave the club in the lurch. I think that arrangement had gone on for a year or three until Clarke ePOS rolled up.

If that’s the case (and I don’t know for sure, but it sounds plausible, and only the club will know for certain), then CD might not be up for the main sponsor role again.

I always thought David R Weir with the Mercedes logo were our classiest shirt sponsor, but undoubtedly Central Demolition were far and away the biggest benefactors over a good number of years.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Good to hear and see that McGlynn took in the Airdrie v Montrose match on Saturday. 

Re a sponsor, may we see Central Dem back now that Totten is back at the club? 

Mcglynn has probably watched more football in the past week than any of us have in the past year. He absolutely lives and breaths football. We've not had a particularly "big" team during his second spell. Set pieces have been a bit of an issue at times due to that. 

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Mcglynn has probably watched more football in the past week than any of us have in the past year. He absolutely lives and breaths football. We've not had a particularly "big" team during his second spell. Set pieces have been a bit of an issue at times due to that. 

That'll be because Mcglynn absolutely loves signing a team full of big physical hill billy's and wee toaty players aren't his jam.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:
Lazy comment that folk seem to have been making me without actually checking his Raith squad.

I'm choking to see a few hammer throwers in the squad anyway tbf

Mcglynn definitely keen to bulk us up a bit that's for sure. We've been far too lightweight for a good few seasons now.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mcglynn definitely keen to bulk us up a bit that's for sure. We've been far too lightweight for a good few seasons now.

Heard any names Shadders? You seem to have a bit of in the know in you.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Only seen him play a handfull of times but Mcglynn did keep bringing him back to Raith so wouldn't be a surprise. Bit of a utility player, left sided not exactly anything special from what I have seen but admittedly that's very little. 

Mackie is good player but has his lapse of concentration moments but when he came to us, instant upgrade on Liam Dick, going forward and defensively and if he can stay injury free be a decent signing for you lot, but apparently he’s got offers from QP, Hamilton and another championship side, but if Falkirk get him be a good signing 

On 08/05/2022 at 20:54, cb_diamond said:

You're literally a season away from needing to go PT or hybrid due to the club's horrendous performance and it's knock on effect on the old finances and have a hugely dwindling fanbase. But you will have a bigger budget than Gretna 2.0, who are so cash rich they were paying premier League money in the fourth tier this season 😂😂😂😂

Maybe you need to worry about your own club ,your club seemed delighted with over 2000 at your playoff game 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Budvar for me Bud (meant)!

Me too. 

They gave us a brilliant week in Ceske Budejovice which was the first time I ever went abroad in my life. Doing it to follow Falkirk made it extra special. 

I know of at least one saddo memorabilia collector who went round the sports field after the first game nicking all these posters Probably still got them in his house. 

Anyone remember buying the fish on a stick? 😬

Czech tourney.JPG

Danny Grainger ‘takes the reins’ at Workington again after a bruising time with you guys. Always felt he’d do better at Falkirk but sometimes these things just can’t be predicted. Not sure how much he was suited to being no.2 to Peanut who was clearly out of his depth.

6 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Danny Grainger ‘takes the reins’ at Workington again after a bruising time with you guys. Always felt he’d do better at Falkirk but sometimes these things just can’t be predicted. Not sure how much he was suited to being no.2 to Peanut who was clearly out of his depth.

Really thought he was a brilliant bit of business last Summer, came with glowing reviews. Agreed have to pin most of the blame on Sheerin, but Grainger’s pre match cove interview was shameful - utter loser mentality after 3 defeats in a row, one of which was 6-0 to Queens Park 5 days previously. We then got scudded 3-0 at home by Cove.