The Falkirk FC Thread

None of the strikers we currently have are any better than Kenna. Hopefully that changes when we get another couple of bodies in 

Can’t understand why no one is mentioning Nathan Austin on here.
He would be my first choice if we were able to up our budget. Houston saw something in him and I think he will do well in League One. I’d much prefer it was with ourselves…..

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Montrose making 2 loan signings from Ross County, loaning the Scotland U21 keeper from St Johnstone and also signing Rory McAllister today. Could they not have waited until next week?

hehe.....Rory's gonna get ya! 

54 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

None of the strikers we currently have are any better than Kenna. Hopefully that changes when we get another couple of bodies in 

Oh, I'm well aware of that. It was an attempt at sarcasm. I think we'll be hard pushed to get a striker of Keena's standard in the current climate TBH.

Heard from a very good source down at the stadium that McGlynn is bringing in Kenny Miller over the next few days as a striking coach/player. It'll be a part time role, all depending whether Rangers make it into the Champions or Europa Leagues. 

Champ League he'll be working Monday Thursday Saturday with us to allow him to do his RangersTV/BT stuff.

Europa it'll be Tuesday Wednesday Saturday.

Still think he can do a job at this level at the age of 41! 

11 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Heard from a very good source down at the stadium that McGlynn is bringing in Kenny Miller over the next few days as a striking coach/player. It'll be a part time role, all depending whether Rangers make it into the Champions or Europa Leagues. 

Champ League he'll be working Monday Thursday Saturday with us to allow him to do his RangersTV/BT stuff.

We don’t need a striker coach we need a striker who is not 41 years old.

And to think I got stick for suggesting Griffiths on a pay as you play deal.

On 19/07/2022 at 15:07, FFC 1876 said:

Was having a look at the scottish premiership squads to see who could possibly be available on loan.

Wouldn't mind Dylan Tait as he seems to be out of it a bit with Hibs and obviously has worked with Mcglynn previously. 

Upfront you've got Kyle Connell, Jack Hamilton, Euan Henderson, Lewis Jamieson.

This hasn't aged too well but Tait, Henderson and Connell haven't went to any other clubs yet.

Mochrie or Moffatt would also be good additions. 

Edited by FFC 1876

17 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We don’t need a striker coach we need a striker who is not 41 years old.

And to think I got stick for suggesting Griffiths on a pay as you play deal.

I'm not suggesting it I'm telling you that's what's happening. 

This hasn't aged too well but Tait, Henderson and Connell haven't went to any other clubs yet.
Mochrie or Moffatt would also be good additions. 
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/robbie-neilson-hearts-goalkeeping-situation-24603391

This article will probably explain why Hearts haven't really sent out many of their players on loan.

Luca Connell (if that's who you mean), signed for Barnsley I'm sure.

We signed Ben Wylie on loan from Celtic who looks pretty good from some of the highlight videos.

Mochrie is linked with Dunfermline I believe but someone like Owen Moffat or Declan Glass would be a great loan signing for you.

1 minute ago, David Fernández said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/robbie-neilson-hearts-goalkeeping-situation-24603391

This article will probably explain why Hearts haven't really sent out many of their players on loan.

Luca Connell (if that's who you mean), signed for Barnsley I'm sure.

We signed Ben Wylie on loan from Celtic who looks pretty good from some of the highlight videos.

Mochrie is linked with Dunfermline I believe but someone like Owen Moffat or Declan Glass would be a great loan signing for you.

Kyle Connell I'm on about you lot had him on loan a few season ago from Killie, Hearts buying themselves a B team in the lowland league this year doesn't help anyone either.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Kyle Connell I'm on about you lot had him on loan a few season ago from Killie, Hearts buying themselves a B team in the lowland league this year doesn't help anyone either.

Another disadvantage of the increasing number of "B" teams down in that league. Just cannot understand how these guys playing (mostly with other youngsters) in that division is better development than Champ/L1 games with all ages. 

Ah get you now, my fault for misreading that, I liked him with us, scored some important goals and has a belter of a long throw too. He was wasted at East Fife last season.

Said on the Airdrie thread last night, players like Euan Henderson, Connor Smith and Scott McGill are wasted in the Lowland League.

28 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Miller can gtf. Not only is he done as a player and has been for seasons no amount of coaching will ever make Wilson better. 

This. If true that’s the first glaring mistake if sanctioned by the manager and bod. And please don’t spin it “ as loved his time here” we don’t need any kind of coach in this division, to work with whats here. 
Hoping this is a wind up…..

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

wwe-dwayne-the-rock-johnson.gif