The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Still feel the size of our team without Henderson in it may cause us a few issues. Yesterday we still looked a bit shaky under cross balls but then apart from Donaldson and allegria we aren't exactly giants. Henderson helps a lot in that area.  Heard corzo was away by the way not sure why or where though 

Excuse my ignorance but who’s corzo?

48 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We now look to have cover for every position but if we are to make another signing I would like us to bring in a right back to enable the laddie Yeats to move into the midfield.

Although it’s difficult to single out any player in what was our best teams performance in maybe two years, Yeats covered every space, his reading of the game/anticipation is excellent and looks so comfortable. Great performance by the young lad. Agree about Carroll, once he gets strength and first team fitness, he’ll be a player.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Although it’s difficult to single out any player in what was our best teams performance in maybe two years, Yeats covered every space, his reading of the game/anticipation is excellent and looks so comfortable. Great performance by the young lad. Agree about Carroll, once he gets strength and first team fitness, he’ll be a player.

As was mentioned earlier when McCann fancied a wee turn at outside right late in the game Yeats went across and covered for him.

Reads the game superbly well for such an inexperienced player.

Anyone who accuses McCann of being weak defensively or poor in the air is doing so purely on his height rather than his performances. He’s got some leap and times his jumps very well and actually wins more in the air than he loses.

I love Leon McCann. He works his arse off, gives us another dimension going forward and is nowhere near as poor defensively as some on here make out. It's also clear that he just gets it, too. A few more wins and he'll be thumping the badge and I for one shall be fucking lapping it up.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Must admit to not being overly fussed about Tuesday. If we lose, I won’t be overly bothered, and if we win, I will be pleasantly surprised.

For me, it’s all about the league. 

Be a huge financial boost to win. 

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

True, but I will be content with a good performance and no injuries.

Fans shouldn’t dismiss the importance of winning financially. Another chunk of cash qualifying and a possible bumper draw in the last 8 would help massively 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fans shouldn’t dismiss the importance of winning financially. Another chunk of cash qualifying and a possible bumper draw in the last 8 would help massively 

Of course it would and I hope that happens but keeping the momentum going in the league is priority in my (non commercial) view.

27 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Of course it would and I hope that happens but keeping the momentum going in the league is priority in my (non commercial) view.

Could a win on Tuesday coupled with lucrative draw v one of Old Firm mean an extra player as well as plugging planned deficit

17 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Given we had 4 potential starters in Williamson, McKay, Watson & Kennedy still out missing & to return to match day squad does that spell the end for Sneddon, , Wilson & Ross 

Wilson not even on the bench yesterday so hopefully he’s one to leave.

39 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Given we had 4 potential starters in Williamson, McKay, Watson & Kennedy still out missing & to return to match day squad does that spell the end for Sneddon, , Wilson & Ross 

Tbh I wouldn’t have Watson as a starter. I didn’t particularly rate him during his first spell and we now imo have at least 3 better options in that position.

And a win this week would also mean further minimum prize money of £80k (if we lost a QF tie) plus a likely TV date in the next round, especially if we avoid the lower Premiership/Championship clubs. 

£50k if we exit on Tuesday night. 

29 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Plus half the gate I'd assume. Average it out at £10 for every punter you're looking at £15K of a 3000 gate?

Hardly a massive amount but it chips away at that £400k back hole.

If we got through then there is also the potential for a 6 figure some if we got a draw away to one of the Old Firm.