The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

I can't remember it ever being sung from before and including 97. Just remember randomly one time at brockville it getting belted out but that was late 90s, certainly wasn't a recurring feature until then. 

I think I convinced myself at some point that it was to do with Marino Keith ("and Marino waits for me" 😆) but pretty sure that was absolute nonsense 

57 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Didn't realise your connection to Amarillo went back so long. Absolutely love the song, mainly due to Peter Kay, unfortunately tinged with sadness now 😉 

And that video has a certain jimmy Savile in it

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

We got our I think. I'm sure they got used at the stadium for a game the following season.

They did. FFC also kept the flag too as it was put in the north stand for the odd game. No idea if club still have any of it mind you. 

31 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

They did. FFC also kept the flag too as it was put in the north stand for the odd game. No idea if club still have any of it mind you. 

Our flag is currently being raffled off by a disgruntled ex-employee, who took as much stuff as he could on his way out the door, for his strictly Inverness campaign.

3 hours ago, Sputnik said:

This was from August 2016. Come on you Kriklaf bairns!

IMG_0540.JPG

Once the weekends over somebody at the club needs to get these tracked down and permanently erected in the main stand concourse/ground. What a photo opportunity that would be with one/all of our previous Hampden scenes as a background 🤩

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Once the weekends over somebody at the club needs to get these tracked down and permanently erected in the main stand concourse/ground. What a photo opportunity that would be with one/all of our previous Hampden scenes as a background 🤩

Pre-matchvICT5.jpg

ATTENTION ALL EX-PATS

I contacted Falkirk TV earlier in the week to ensure that I would be able to view the game on Saturday and they advised that they were unsure if Hampden had sufficient facilities available to allow a live stream to go ahead. They said that they would update me nearer the time. Unfortunately I have just viewed this email in my inbox:

This email has been sent as our database shows you as a current Falkirk TV overseas subscriber and this email address was supplied when taking out the subscription.

We write to let you know if Falkirk TV will be broadcasting live to our overseas subscribers at Saturday's Scottish Cup Semi Final at Hampden.

After attending the Operations Meeting today for the match we have been informed that the necessary infrastructure to run a consistent stream is not available to us, so we cannot guarantee complete coverage for the game on Saturday.

However, the team will endeavour to run a broadcast using the facilities that are made available on matchday and/or if there is stable 4g coverage at the stadium.  

If you are looking to watch the match uninterrupted we would recommend having a "Plan B" in place to view the match, we understand the game is being shown internationally as part of the SFA's international broadcast contracts.

Again, we hope to broadcast on Saturday, but if not this email will hopefully give you enough time to find an possible alternative to watch the game and cheer the guys on.

can anybody suggest alternative sites where i can view the game? 
Edited by Bairn in Exile

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

ATTENTION ALL EX-PATS

I contacted Falkirk TV earlier in the week to ensure that I would be able to view the game on Saturday and they advised that they were unsure if Hampden had sufficient facilities available to allow a live stream to go ahead. They said that they would update me nearer the time. Unfortunately I have just viewed this email in my inbox:

This email has been sent as our database shows you as a current Falkirk TV overseas subscriber and this email address was supplied when taking out the subscription.

We write to let you know if Falkirk TV will be broadcasting live to our overseas subscribers at Saturday's Scottish Cup Semi Final at Hampden.

After attending the Operations Meeting today for the match we have been informed that the necessary infrastructure to run a consistent stream is not available to us, so we cannot guarantee complete coverage for the game on Saturday.

However, the team will endeavour to run a broadcast using the facilities that are made available on matchday and/or if there is stable 4g coverage at the stadium.  

If you are looking to watch the match uninterrupted we would recommend having a "Plan B" in place to view the match, we understand the game is being shown internationally as part of the SFA's international broadcast contracts.

Again, we hope to broadcast on Saturday, but if not this email will hopefully give you enough time to find an possible alternative to watch the game and cheer the guys on.

can anybody suggest alternative sites where i can view the game? 

If it’s live on BBC, then BBCiplayer? Or does that not work overseas?