The Falkirk FC Thread

ATTENTION ALL EX-PATS

I contacted Falkirk TV earlier in the week to ensure that I would be able to view the game on Saturday and they advised that they were unsure if Hampden had sufficient facilities available to allow a live stream to go ahead. They said that they would update me nearer the time. Unfortunately I have just viewed this email in my inbox:

This email has been sent as our database shows you as a current Falkirk TV overseas subscriber and this email address was supplied when taking out the subscription.

We write to let you know if Falkirk TV will be broadcasting live to our overseas subscribers at Saturday's Scottish Cup Semi Final at Hampden.

After attending the Operations Meeting today for the match we have been informed that the necessary infrastructure to run a consistent stream is not available to us, so we cannot guarantee complete coverage for the game on Saturday.

However, the team will endeavour to run a broadcast using the facilities that are made available on matchday and/or if there is stable 4g coverage at the stadium.  

If you are looking to watch the match uninterrupted we would recommend having a "Plan B" in place to view the match, we understand the game is being shown internationally as part of the SFA's international broadcast contracts.

Again, we hope to broadcast on Saturday, but if not this email will hopefully give you enough time to find an possible alternative to watch the game and cheer the guys on.

can anybody suggest alternative sites where i can view the game? 
Edited by Bairn in Exile

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

ATTENTION ALL EX-PATS

I contacted Falkirk TV earlier in the week to ensure that I would be able to view the game on Saturday and they advised that they were unsure if Hampden had sufficient facilities available to allow a live stream to go ahead. They said that they would update me nearer the time. Unfortunately I have just viewed this email in my inbox:

This email has been sent as our database shows you as a current Falkirk TV overseas subscriber and this email address was supplied when taking out the subscription.

We write to let you know if Falkirk TV will be broadcasting live to our overseas subscribers at Saturday's Scottish Cup Semi Final at Hampden.

After attending the Operations Meeting today for the match we have been informed that the necessary infrastructure to run a consistent stream is not available to us, so we cannot guarantee complete coverage for the game on Saturday.

However, the team will endeavour to run a broadcast using the facilities that are made available on matchday and/or if there is stable 4g coverage at the stadium.  

If you are looking to watch the match uninterrupted we would recommend having a "Plan B" in place to view the match, we understand the game is being shown internationally as part of the SFA's international broadcast contracts.

Again, we hope to broadcast on Saturday, but if not this email will hopefully give you enough time to find an possible alternative to watch the game and cheer the guys on.

If it’s live on BBC, then BBCiplayer? Or does that not work overseas?

Anyone else feel like we're getting the "Darvel treatment" 😟

I know we're the lowest ranked team left etc but not hearing a lot from ICT and to me, feel like I've been bombarded with the plucky underdogs player puff-pieces all week. 

Our relative silence going into Darvel and Ayr was key to our mindset for those two ties. Hope I'm just over-reacting and worrying over nothing 😬

However, if they announce a McGlynn dressing room speech in the next 24 hours they can GTF!

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I know we're the lowest ranked team left etc but not hearing a lot from ICT and to me, feel like I've been bombarded with the plucky underdogs player puff-pieces all week. 

Our relative silence going into Darvel and Ayr was key to our mindset for those two ties. Hope I'm just over-reacting and worrying over nothing 😬

However, if they announce a McGlynn dressing room speech in the next 24 hours they can GTF!

I've struggled to stumble across any article regarding us or our tie to be honest, so quite the opposite. All about the the arse cheeks this weekend apparently 

19 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Both teams have to give the same access to the media; we had them in on Tuesday. Not sure when ICT were done. I haven't read any of the press stuff but I'm guessing they've decided to focus on us because "plucky underdogs" makes for a better story. Hopefully we can give them a different story by Saturday night. 

12 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Looking forward to tomorrow now.  Be fantastic to see 8k fans descend on Hampden.

Not sure if this is an accurate number or not, however how much of a better place would Scottish football be if all these "add on fans for big occasions" from all these towns and cities actually got out and backed "their" team on an almost weekly basis.

10 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

ATTENTION ALL EX-PATS

Cheers for posting this, I never received that email. I wanted to make sure to have an alternative place to watch the game as FalkirkTV has been a bit iffy recently. For any Bairns in the US the game is on ESPN+, $10 for a monthly subscription 

45 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Not sure if this is an accurate number or not, however how much of a better place would Scottish football be if all these "add on fans for big occasions" from all these towns and cities actually got out and backed "their" team on an almost weekly basis.

The club have put out a statement saying over 8,500 tickets have been sold for tomorrow so imagine that's pretty accurate. Hopefully we can get to 9k this afternoon. 

Not a massive amount of day trippers tbf as we average about 4k and can easily get over 5k at home even in league 1. Imagine more of these fans would turn up regularly if we ever get our act together on the park and get back to the Premiership 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

A couple of friends decided last minute to attend game, just called to say shop was extremely bouncing/busy. 

It’s increasingly like we will take around 8.7K ish.

Last post till after game as a full 48 hours of chilling with a large contingent of fellow bairns.

All we ask for is heart, sole and endeavour, we won’t be far away.

“COYB 💙

38 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The club have put out a statement saying over 8,500 tickets have been sold for tomorrow so imagine that's pretty accurate. Hopefully we can get to 9k this afternoon. 

Not a massive amount of day trippers tbf as we average about 4k and can easily get over 5k at home even in league 1. Imagine more of these fans would turn up regularly if we ever get our act together on the park and get back to the Premiership 

Best concentrate on your cup run and play off games than setting your sights at the Premiership.