The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Back from game and really disappointed. No Falkirk fans should be anything but pissed off at that performance. We were outclassed by an ICT who although not very good were light years ahead of us.

Simpsons Schadenfreude - Schadenfreude GIF - TheSimpsons ...

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Tbh, good as he is at holding the ball up in order to bring others into play, Oliver up front isn’t a lone striker……it’s effectively no striker. Chucking in Burrell to perform the same role is absolutely baffling. McGlynn must know by now that it doesn’t work, and therefore “Falkirk 0” wasn’t much of a surprise.

We were really relying on the defence to keep us in it, but we also know that area of the team has been anything but great, but the minute VAR decided that ICT should have a goal for free, we were really up against it.

We had a good run, we had several slices of good fortune along the way, but today, nothing went our way.

McGlynn needs to set it aside really quickly, and get everything set for the play offs. 

Yes, we can point to beating Ayr when they were going through a rough spell, but we have to remember that Dundee have beaten us 3-0 twice and now ICT have done the self same thing. We are still some way off it.
Cove drew with Dundee at Dens last night, so if we make it that far, they will be a major obstacle for this Falkirk side.

Cove have conceded goals for fun this season. In the playoffs, Back to the wall isn't really an option. ⁸

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Back from game and really disappointed. No Falkirk fans should be anything but pissed off at that performance. We were outclassed by an ICT who although not very good were light years ahead of us.

I wouldnt say we were outclassed, the thing with them as much as Caley were pretty much unspectacular we matched them and as Shodwell says we just didn't put it in the back of the net, after last season if someone said to me we would be in the playoffs and had a Scottish cup semi final I would have asked them who their dealer is and to lay off the crack.

Anyway gubbing for Airdrie today and a Win for Alloa going by final game to be played looks like it will be Airdrie unless Alloa take something from the fifers and Airdrie drop points at FC Edinburgh (which is possible)

11 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Oliver doesn't need to necessarily score he needs to hold the ball up better and link play better which he infinitely does better than burrell. I'm not going to keep going back and forward all night we just need to agree to differ and move on. 

And whose going to put the ball in the net? Oliver and burrell I can see but Oliver on his own won't solve the goal scoring problem.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Tbh, good as he is at holding the ball up in order to bring others into play, Oliver up front isn’t a lone striker……it’s effectively no striker. Chucking in Burrell to perform the same role is absolutely baffling. McGlynn must know by now that it doesn’t work, and therefore “Falkirk 0” wasn’t much of a surprise.

We were really relying on the defence to keep us in it, but we also know that area of the team has been anything but great, but the minute VAR decided that ICT should have a goal for free, we were really up against it.

We had a good run, we had several slices of good fortune along the way, but today, nothing went our way.

McGlynn needs to set it aside really quickly, and get everything set for the play offs. 

Yes, we can point to beating Ayr when they were going through a rough spell, but we have to remember that Dundee have beaten us 3-0 twice and now ICT have done the self same thing. We are still some way off it.
Cove drew with Dundee at Dens last night, so if we make it that far, they will be a major obstacle for this Falkirk side.

Agreed. We are a league 1 play-off side. Nothing more, nothing less. 

McCann, Burrell and Lawal are the only ones I'd like to keep if we went up. The rest aren't good enough to challenge IMO

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

One man up top, two men up top, three men up top. Means nowt if you can't put the ball in an empty net though mate. 

Cove hardly had a shot on Friday night. Dundee should've won comfortably but made a right arse of it.

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I wouldnt say we were outclassed, the thing with them as much as Caley were pretty much unspectacular we matched them and as Shodwell says we just didn't put it in the back of the net, after last season if someone said to me we would be in the playoffs and had a Scottish cup semi final I would have asked them who their dealer is and to lay off the crack.

Anyway gubbing for Airdrie today and a Win for Alloa going by final game to be played looks like it will be Airdrie unless Alloa take something from the fifers and Airdrie drop points at FC Edinburgh (which is possible)

My opinion is they won the game easily and didn’t have to play well. Other than the chance for Morrison I can’t remember anything of note until Lawal came on.

Was very #humbled by the Falkirk fans wishing us the best for the final in the pub after the game. Good luck in the playoffs brothers. 

Edited by TheScarf

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Agreed. We are a league 1 play-off side. Nothing more, nothing less. 

McCann, Burrell and Lawal are the only ones I'd like to keep if we went up. The rest aren't good enough to challenge IMO

Not to challenge no but some would be fine as squad players .  Not sure it would take an awful lot though considering the piss poor standard of the champ at the moment. It's nowhere near the level of 6 or 7 years ago.   I'd possibly keep Kennedy if that was an option. He's improved constantly as he's got more games under his belt. Rowe another youngster that will improve having now played his first full season of first team football. 

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

My opinion is they won the game easily and didn’t have to play well. Other than the chance for Morrison I can’t remember anything of note until Lawal came on.

We had a few free headers we should've done far better with first half. One went straight at the keeper when either side of him was a goal. Henderson had a glorious opportunity with noone near him and got it completely wrong. There was another header that should've been on target but hit the defender. Their defending of set pieces was awful but we didn't take advantage of it unfortunately.

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are the guy that posts about  supporting the Pars got him through some tough personal times but comes on regularly to laugh at other fans when they are disappointed are you not ? You are a fucking crackpot mate.

Lighten up arsehole

Shit happening in life and the world of football are very different things.

You seem to have jumped on me stating that I've had tough things to deal with in the last year and using it as a stick to beat me with when I laugh at your pathetic football club.

Get a grip you poisonous sub-human.

Edited by Chubbychops

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

Lighten up arsehole

Shit happening in life and the world of football a very different things.

You seem to have jumped on me stating that I've had tough things to deal with in the last year and using as a stick to beat me with when I laugh at your pathetic football club.

Get a grip you poisonous sub-human.

Feck sake.😂😂😂

Got to laugh at all this chat about how utterly rancid the Championship is when we have literally just been swatted aside with the absolute minimum of fuss by a team from said Championship.  Beyond delusional.

We have won two games in League One since the 4th March. Two. So for the moment we'd be far better concentrating all our efforts on breaking the habit of a lifetime and not utterly shiteing the bed against whoever finishes third before shouting about what we are going to do against Arbroath/Cove/Hamilton. That's if either of us even get that far.

One thing is for sure. The time for the same old excuses that we hear week after week after week is now well and truly over. Finished. Deliver or GTF.

It is why I feel decisions like handing out Nesbitt a two year deal seemed incredibly hasty. Good enough to get us out of League One? Hopefully, we’ll see. Good enough to play week in week out for a Falkirk team in the Championship? Unconvinced.

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are the guy that posts about  supporting the Pars got him through some tough personal times but comes on regularly to laugh at other fans when they are disappointed are you not ? You are a fucking crackpot mate.

If we can be serious for a second here, I reckon there's a good amount of fans on here who can emphasise with using football as a release, an escape. Falkirk and Dunfermline fans alike. With that comes everything that there is in football, and that's taking some (especially in this case) fairly harmless patter at your rivals. I've hard dark days, I'll be fucked if that doesn't stop me laughing when Falkirk make a c**t of it. Likewise when we got relegated last year I have no doubt Falkirk fans had a chuckle. 

What is shite patter is you bringing up the posters mental health and using it as some stick to beat him with, ending with you calling him a crackpot? Mon te f**k eh? The poster in question has been open and honest enough about his mental health, he can still take joy when Dunfermline do well and there rivals lose, do better. 

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

It is why I feel decisions like handing out Nesbitt a two year deal seemed incredibly hasty. Good enough to get us out of League One? Hopefully, we’ll see. Good enough to play week in week out for a Falkirk team in the Championship? Unconvinced.

Who says he would be playing week in week out though? The fact he didn't start today in such a big game would suggest that mcglynn doesnt see him as a definite starter at any level 

30 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s a bit low, to be honest.