The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We all enjoy it when our wee sides are winning games but let's face it the standard these days is absolutely shocking.at all levels of Scottish football. As I said none of us go because the football is any good.

I wouldn’t know, I don’t follow a team as ‘wee’ as Falkirk. How many seasons is that you’ve been in league one?

Mcglynns got teams out of this league with far less resources than us in the past. He's also taken Raith to third  in the championship which is higher than either Falkirk and Dunfermline have been for some time. In fact that season did he not pump Dunfermline in the playoffs before losing to a Dundee side with far greater resources. He still might get us up this season who knows.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Disagree. Give him the play-offs. You also casually suggested plenty of alternatives out there, care to name them?

If I mentioned James McPake at the end of last season then I’m sure it would have been ridiculed. Not my job to give names but to suggest we can’t do better than McGlynn is a fallacy.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I wouldn’t know, I don’t follow a team as ‘wee’ as Falkirk. How many seasons is that you’ve been in league one?

A few but we've still not dipped as low as 7th yet. That's for really wee teams plus 0p in the pound of course. Only wee teams would ever shaft their creditors with that kind of deal.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Guest Caractacus Potts
16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mcglynns got teams out of this league with far less resources than us in the past. He's also taken Raith to third  in the championship which is higher than either Falkirk and Dunfermline have been for some time. In fact that season did he not pump Dunfermline in the playoffs before losing to a Dundee side with far greater resources. He still might get us up this season who knows.

If that’s the bar then plenty of managers kicking about who have done much more than McGlynn. I’m just concerned about what he’s achieving with us and sorry but it’s just not good enough. His record is no better than Miller and McCracken. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

The worst thing about today was how utterly predictable it was.  

Lots of chat about our strikers but too often our defence is the problem.  Every one of them including the keeper are soft as sh*te and need replaced.  McKay and Donaldson have no fight about them whatsoever and far too often we give away soft goals.  McCann is ok going forward but hardly Roberto Carlos and defensively he's poor.  Williamson can get off to Montrose tomorrow.  

I'm in the camp that thinks we have enough options going forward we just use them wrongly. 2 up front (Oliver and Burrell) gives us our best chance of scoring in games. McGlynn to blame for refusing to see that.  

That whole defence needs replaced though and no way its getting us past Airdrie then Cove/Hamilton without conceding more daft goals.  Really hope I'm wrong but I doubt I will be.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

If that’s the bar then plenty of manager kicking about who have done much more than McGlynn. I’m just concerned about what he’s achieving with us and sorry but it’s just not good enough. His record is no better than Miller and McCracken. 

Mcglynn managed to have his Raith side above both of those clowns when it really mattered despite having far less resources. They were very fortunate to have a striker that could win games for you on his own . As soon as he left the arse fell out their attempts to build a side. Only covid kept them in the running that second season. 

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

The worst thing about today was how utterly predictable it was.  

Lots of chat about our strikers but too often our defence is the problem.  Every one of them including the keeper are soft as sh*te and need replaced.  McKay and Donaldson have no fight about them whatsoever and far too often we give away soft goals.  McCann is ok going forward but hardly Roberto Carlos and defensively he's poor.  Williamson can get off to Montrose tomorrow.  

I'm in the camp that thinks we have enough options going forward we just use them wrongly. 2 up front (Oliver and Burrell) gives us our best chance of scoring in games. McGlynn to blame for refusing to see that.  

That whole defence needs replaced though and no way its getting us past Airdrie then Cove/Hamilton without conceding more daft goals.  Really hope I'm wrong but I doubt I will be.  

The third goal was just really poor defending from McKay. McGlynn said Billy Mackay “peeled” off him but McKay is just not picking up his man for me. He’s not even close to contesting the cross in the end.

He’s actually looked at him twice then points at McCann to pick him up!

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

The third goal was just really poor defending from McKay. McGlynn said Billy Mackay “peeled” off him but McKay is just not picking up his man for me. He’s not even close to contesting the cross in the end.

He was a big part of the problem at the back last year too, no obvious blunders this season but teams win headers/get on crosses far too easily time and again.   

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

He was a big part of the problem at the back last year too, no obvious blunders this season but teams win headers/get on crosses far too easily time and again.   

I’d go as far as to say that what he’s done there is as bad as what Durnan did at Patrick a couple of seasons back. He’s spotted the danger and he’s done feck all about it!

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’d go as far as to say that what he’s done there is as bad as what Durnan did at Patrick a couple of seasons back. He’s spotted the danger and he’s done feck all about it!

McCann should be goal side of the striker on the 3rd too.  It's just piss poor defending again and again.  

27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We all enjoy it when our wee sides are winning games but let's face it the standard these days is absolutely shocking.at all levels of Scottish football. As I said none of us go because the football is any good.

We had some English visitors at our end when you pumped us at the recs last week 

they love going to games like that they said , They also said that its all money in the English PL 

and dislike it for what it is . so where is the perfect level ? .

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mcglynn managed to have his Raith side above both of those clowns when it really mattered despite having far less resources. They were very fortunate to have a striker that could win games for you on his own . As soon as he left the arse fell out their attempts to build a side. Only covid kept them in the running that second season. 

Miller and McCraken weren’t good enough but again with that in mind, McGlynn failed to beat the so called ‘dumb and dumber’ in 3 competitive matches.

McManus was a good player to inherit but so was Morrison and as much as you say the arse fell out of us, M&M were sacked in 2nd only 2 points off top. That was a season without McManus. Where are we now and what’s the excuse?

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

McCann should be goal side of the striker on the 3rd too.  It's just piss poor defending again and again.  

Defensively, McCann has been found wanting recently. As I said recently in this forum. I’m convinced we’re going to shed goals in the upcoming playoffs (soft ones at that ), so we’re just going to have outscore teams rather than nick it.