The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Yeah but all the bitter stuff about clubs dying comes through more. Of course we got pumped last night, we were 5-0 down at half-time!!

It’s not bitter. We were beaten fair and square by a better team but a fan of Airdrie slagging off fans of any teams fans for ‘walking away’ deserved a response. 

Anyway, we move on. Well done Airdrie.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

A goal away from the score being spelt out on the vidiprinter and this c***s going on about a good first 6-7 minutes. 

I had to watch the highlights again after his comment on Henderson's header that could have changed the game. At the time I thought it was weak as piss, having watched it no way would I stand Infront of a camera after that pumping and call it a potential game changer. 

I got in and started drinking straight away I was that livid. I was up until the wee hours of the morning seething. I've seen us pumped heavily over the years, 7 nil at dingwall or 6 at queen's come to mind. This eclipses anything. 

He has let that team go off the boil for months because we had a semi, and is now struggling to understand how we're so far off the pace. Get him out today. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

If you want to feel really bad this morning, the current The Caley team is the worst in our history, a squad chock full of proven losers, pea-hearted shitebags and injury-prone jobbers, and a fat, useless Ayrshire *** b*****d in the dugout and we swatted you aside with ease last week.

That's what McGlynn, Rennie, Sheerin, McKinnon, Hartley have done to you.

I’d even add latter-day Houston to that list sadly.

18 minutes ago, CHEMOMAN said:

Very magnanimous of you but knowing Airdrie, it's not quite over yet! The player/manager appointment was a big risk and we've seen some crazy results and performances this season, last night being no exception. Bottom line is you shouldn't be in this league. We shouldn't be in this league either. Trailing away to absolute dumps like Meadowbank and Kelty, watching 20 Edinburgh fans celebrating pumping us 6-0 at home, we've had lows too in recent times. Stuck in this league for years, financial issues, change of ownership (sound familiar?). We've already been there and done that and I take no pleasure in seeing "big" teams like you, Dunfermline, Thistle joining us down in the dump of League 1 over the last few seasons. Your time will come, I'm sure of it but from an outsider looking in, older managers like McGlynn are yesterday's men (although I accept that Chipper may be an exception). Unsure of the way forward for you, I'm sure you feel the same way but best of luck to you. You'll need it!

We were well warned when we dropped down that the first season is the best chance to get back up. We didn’t listen and succumbed to an array of useless and untried/inexperienced BODs, DOF, and a succession of managers and around one hundred plus players through our books over the years down here, who shouldn’t have been anywhere near our club. 

No prizes where we’ve gone wrong.

For the first time in nearly 40 years it just feels .. hopeless...

I thought about buying a ST for the first time in years but that won't be happening now. Last night, well I think all the words and expletives have been used. To play with so little urgency when Airdrie went down to 10 men was completely unforgivable. They had been given a glimmer of a chance to still be in with a shout on Saturday and just didn't want to or were incapable of taking it.

That first half though.

McGlynn can go now. Unforgivable.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s not bitter. We were beaten fair and square by a better team but a fan of Airdrie slagging off fans of any teams fans for ‘walking away’ deserved a response. 

Anyway, we move on. Well done Airdrie.

Sorry, not having that. Falkirk fans like to milk the large support narrative, when folk start spouting about giving away tickets for the second leg, it’s not a surprise the oppositions fans whose team has just humiliated us are going to latch on to that.

37 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm not sure about him anyway. Some of the Edinburgh performances against us this season have been pretty gutless to say the least.  In 3 out of the 4 games they looked beag before they got on the park.

Aye, quite possible. Just not sure I fancy Mccall and the other options are scary

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I can't see him getting sacked by the board even after last nights shambles.  He's on a two year deal so I think he'll be given another year to get us out of this league. A poor start to next season or a failure to get out the league a year from now then he won't be here but I don't think they will twist after one season.

Looks like an easier league on paper for next season. Every cloud and all that! I think your season ticket holders will make or break McGlynn's tenure. A pretty unique situation where fan power may determine the way ahead for your club.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Said this before and got red dotted galore so expect the same but thats utter bonkers. The Board absolutely must have final say on both value and length of contracts. Anything else is mental. They absolutely shouldnt, excluding Goodwillie type scenarios, interfere with who managers sign, but the notion McGlynn or any other manager should have free reign to hand out multi year contracts without oversight is what gets clubs into financial black holes.

Good post👍

22 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

But are still rolling out two decade old patter? Grim

I'm sure it will continue to be rolled out any time a Clydebank fan accused someone of walking away when they can't bring themselves to watch one single football match.

12 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

The ref didn't cost us the game but he cost us any sniff of an outside chance. The officiating at this level is an utter disgrace. Penalty and sending off were farcical. 

Now the highlights have came out are you willing to admit the only bad officiating was him not sending of McCann? 

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm sure it will continue to be rolled out any time a Clydebank fan accused someone of walking away when they can't bring themselves to watch one single football match.

I really don’t understand why folk get wrapped up in this pish. We’ve just been absolutely scudded! I’m not so up on the history of what happened towards the end of Airdrie/Clydebank other than we actually benefitted from it in 2002 by not going down to a place where we find ourselves for season after season. Far from oneupmanship, I find it quite sad they can only half-fill a stand for such a big game. Is it the lure of being so close to the Old Firm? I don’t know but it’s not our look-out. 

Give me the days where rivalry meant shouts like ‘soap-dodgers’ or ‘living in a slum’ rather than trying to be a smart arse any day!

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Now the highlights have came out are you willing to admit the only bad officiating was him not sending of McCann? 

I said that at the time, ref looks to have taken pity on us as there was no attempt to play the ball. Jordan Allan's red was very harsh as he had every right to go for the ball and I'd also like to see back the incident with Allan & ATS as that looked like a clear freekick for us and sending off for ATS but the ref appeared to take the easy route in awarding the freekick to Airdrie.

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As Id previously said I  watched  this morning. The red card was never a red and the penalty the boy just fell down FFS. Two shocking decisions.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I said that at the time, ref looks to have taken pity on us as there was no attempt to play the ball. Jordan Allan's red was very harsh as he had every right to go for the ball and I'd also like to see back the incident with Allan & ATS as that looked like a clear freekick for us and sending off for ATS but the ref appeared to take the easy route in awarding the freekick to Airdrie.

So you want to see an Incident again, but didn’t watch the highlights? Falkirk’s highlights show the incident - Allan pulls the Airdrie defender down and the defender drags him down with him. Your own highlights package shows that the ref got the decision spot on. It’s not the ‘easy route’ it’s the correct route.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

So you want to see an Incident again, but didn’t watch the highlights? Falkirk’s highlights show the incident - Allan pulls the Airdrie defender down and the defender drags him down with him. Your own highlights package shows that the ref got the decision spot on. It’s not the ‘easy route’ it’s the correct route.

You think I'm going to put myself back through that for the sake of that one 10 second incident?