The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

It's ok to lash out when you're confused and hurt pal. I would promise it will go away but 5 years is a long time to be feeling like you do and there's no end in sight 😂

I was pissed off last night but I’m neither confused or hurt. Falkirk are in a tough period just now and have been for a while but I’ve been going since 1978 and will go until my health dictates otherwise.

You walked away and let your clubs die - that will never not be the case pal.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was pissed off last night but I’m neither confused or hurt. Falkirk are in a tough period just now and have been for a while but I’ve been going since 1978 and will go until my health dictates otherwise.

Assuming you're trying really hard to get a rangers thing in here with your multiple clubs stressing? Terrible attempt btw

Also your basket case club is hemorrhaging money every year. Be careful what you wish for 😉

3 minutes ago, CHEMOMAN said:

Very magnanimous of you but knowing Airdrie, it's not quite over yet! The player/manager appointment was a big risk and we've seen some crazy results and performances this season, last night being no exception. Bottom line is you shouldn't be in this league. We shouldn't be in this league either. Trailing away to absolute dumps like Meadowbank and Kelty, watching 20 Edinburgh fans celebrating pumping us 6-0 at home, we've had lows too in recent times. Stuck in this league for years, financial issues, change of ownership (sound familiar?). We've already been there and done that and I take no pleasure in seeing "big" teams like you, Dunfermline, Thistle joining us down in the dump of League 1 over the last few seasons. Your time will come, I'm sure of it but from an outsider looking in, older managers like McGlynn are yesterday's men (although I accept that Chipper may be an exception). Unsure of the way forward for you, I'm sure you feel the same way but best of luck to you. You'll need it!

You say that but older experienced  managers in the main are the ones that have had more  success in league one over the past few years. McCall twice , mcglynn, Campbell, Hartley have all got clubs up to the championship. Likes of Mcpake are more the exception than the rule. 

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Get this talk to f**k. We were where we were back then in spite of George Craig, not because of him. The man is a charlatan. 

And that perspective is nonsense. Whatever faults you think he has made can not be attributed to the disaster we are now. The club was in a stable enough position a few years after relegation and was doing fine for a good few years after he left. He can’t be blamed for scrapping the youth system and the list of atrocious managerial selections which is the real reason we are where we are. Blaming George Craig for everything gives the board a scapegoat for their failings, one that Mr “statement not question” was happy to use. 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are taking the bait though. It’s optics, we’ve been roundly humped. Talking about clubs dying years ago the day after we’ve just been scudded is more grim than our performance last night.

26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t disagree with not backing the team however given that Airdrie fans ‘walked away’ and let both your own club and  the club you really support die I don’t think you are in a position to slag anyone for walking away.

Cry more 

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Assuming you're trying really hard to get a rangers thing in here with your multiple clubs stressing? Terrible attempt btw

Also your basket case club is hemorrhaging money every year. Be careful what you wish for 😉

Your Clydebank it's as simple as that whether you like it or not.. Laugh bringing on Jimmy Sandison as a legend when he never played for Clydebank in his entire feckin career.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You say that but older experienced  managers in the main are the ones that have had more  success in league one over the past few years. McCall twice , mcglynn, Campbell, Hartley have all got clubs up to the championship. Likes of Mcpake are more the exception than the rule. 

Fair point. So you'll be sticking with McGlynn then??

4 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

And that perspective is nonsense. Whatever faults you think he has made can not be attributed to the disaster we are now. The club was in a stable enough position a few years after relegation and was doing fine for a good few years after he left. He can’t be blamed for scrapping the youth system and the list of atrocious managerial selections which is the real reason we are where we are. Blaming George Craig for everything gives the board a scapegoat for their failings, one that Mr “statement not question” was happy to use. 

Your the one bringing George Craig up ffs. Noone is blaming last night on him. He started the rot but he can't be blamed for the last 5 years simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

You are taking the bait though. It’s optics, we’ve been roundly humped. Talking about clubs dying years ago the day after we’ve just been scudded is more grim than our performance last night.

I acknowledged the fact we got pumped last night. I’ve acknowledged for weeks Airdrie are a far better team than us.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Your Clydebank it's as simple as that whether you like it or not.. Laugh bringing on Jimmy Sandison as a legend when he never played for Clydebank in his entire feckin career.

Oh dear shadders, maybe have a wee lie down hen?

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I acknowledged the fact we got pumped last night. I’ve acknowledged for weeks Airdrie are a far better team than us.

But are still rolling out two decade old patter? Grim

Guest FFC1965

I didn't go last night, had a bit of a bad feeling about it (as I think many did).  

First, hats off to Airdrie - I hope they go up.  Not just to not have to play them for a bit, fundamentally they deserve it.  Of the 3 games I've seen them this season they play good football, and I don't think any team should escape relegation via a playoff.

Id shed no tears if McGlynn  were to go but I reckon the club will try to keep him chiefly on the basis of his two year contract when hired and the relative bonus of a cup semi in addition to the minimum expectation of a league playoff place.  They will convince themselves that last night was an aberration and that our performances v Hibs and Ayr were more typical.   

However the only scenario where I can see the club binning McGlynn is if ST sales grind to a halt and the club will be faced with a choice.  Previous seasons however suggest that the fans will lap up STs regardless  and McGlynn will still be in place next season.    

I've no faith in McGlynns ability to win the league and my inclination would be to make a change after such a humiliation, McCall being one of the more obvious names available.  I decided a week or so ago not to renew my ST and will just attend on a PAYG basis, probably one of my better decisions.    

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The set up was wrong but it was not experimental, we have played this formation most of the time since the 2-2 v Dunfermline. We were exposed by ICT playing a diamond and again, it was always happening, I said it on the match thread.. For McGlynn to dismiss the shape of the team is disingenuous IMO. 

I genuinely think McGlynn’s just an idiot. The shape worked for half an hour or so against us, because it came as a surprise and we hadn’t prepared for it. We adapted and coped with it from that point. Inverness highlighted the vulnerabilities on national tv. You’ve played that system for a while now and teams have had a chance to see how to stop it/how to get through it. Airdrie did their homework and managed to exploit these vulnerabilities. The gaps that Inverness and Airdrie found are to do with the formation and his lack of accountability for that is very poor.

There’s a reason McPake changed our tactics/team every single week. We kept the opponents guessing. Even once the starting 11 was announced, nobody really knows exactly how we’d set up. McGlynn doesn’t seem adaptable enough for modern football. I’d also add, in the game where we came back from 3-0 down at Airdrie, we made a double sub after 32 minutes and changed the shape 3 times during the match. I just don’t think McGlynn has the understanding of football to be able to do that.

That being said, he can’t take the blame for nobody closing down Airdrie players shooting from outside the box. He can’t be blamed for the players switching off after clearing the initial corner. He can’t be blamed for Burrell jumping away from the wall/ball. He can’t be blamed for McCann’s needless foul at the end. The players need to accept their roles in that. Donaldson seemed to enjoy doing his usual of switching off/doing nothing useful, then screaming at everyone to show the fans he’s really passionate…

1 minute ago, CHEMOMAN said:

Fair point. So you'll be sticking with McGlynn then??

I can't see him getting sacked by the board even after last nights shambles.  He's on a two year deal so I think he'll be given another year to get us out of this league. A poor start to next season or a failure to get out the league a year from now then he won't be here but I don't think they will twist after one season.