The Falkirk FC Thread

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse I've listened to our manager say it was nothing to do with our shape. As soon as it went 2-0 we should have reverted to the 4-2-3-1 it was as easy as Gary Oliver dropping into the midfield but once again he refused to do anything and just let it continue.

He can't account for us not bothering to go win first and second balls at corners but we were under the cosh and he did absolutely nothing to try steady the ship.

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

BuT We StICk wITh FaLKiRk ThROUgh ThICk anD ThiN

😂😂😂😂

Never change Falkirk 

I don’t disagree with not backing the team however given that Airdrie fans ‘walked away’ and let both your own club and  the club you really support die I don’t think you are in a position to slag anyone for walking away.

3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Burrell is a fucking shitebag. Look at the way he moves out the wall for the second goal. He gets way to much praise because he has pace. McGlynn said when he was appointed that we were soft as shite. No wonder he wanted Benedictus as his first signing. Players need to take a huge chunk of responsibility as well for last night. 6 shots, 6 goals for Airdrie. 3 were from a free kick, corner and penalty. School boy stuff which had nothing to do with the formation. Leon McCann didn’t win a single header against McGill all night. Should have stuck to the 4-3-3 which we started the second half with.

The players of course have to take accountability, it was probably the gutless 45 minutes I’ve ever seen Falkirk players put in - and we’ve all watched a lot of shite over the years.

Most of those players last night were McGlynn signings and he sets them up. The blame falls on every single one of them equally.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t disagree with not backing the team however given that Airdrie fans ‘walked away’ and let both your own club and  the club you really support die I don’t think you are in a position to slag anyone for walking away.

No, no trust me when I say we're in a position to slag you about pretty much everything right now.

8 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

I’m not saying he was responsible for that. The point is about the level we were in the late 2000s compared to this utter dross. This collapse was unthinkable back then. 

Get this talk to f**k. We were where we were back then in spite of George Craig, not because of him. The man is a charlatan. 

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This is desperate stuff. 

22 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I posted similar on the match thread but as an Airdrie fan who was at that Queen’s Park game, last night was miles worse from Falkirk. I felt Falkirk caused a lot of their own issues in that Queen’s Park game, embarrassingly poor on the ball and just gifting goals away. Last night was different as I didn’t think the goals came from mistakes, instead Falkirk just looked powerless to stop Airdrie every time they went forward and to be honest didn’t seem interested in trying. I’ve seen a lot of bad Airdrie performances in the play-offs but I’ve never seen anything quite like that. 

At the first and third goals - I think, they all blur into one - literally as soon as the Airdrie player picked up the ball, before they had even advanced a single step, every  fan in the away end knew what was coming, it was so utterly, utterly predictable. There cannot be an easier team to play against. I have never seen a Falkirk team so petrified, and I've seen us at Ibrox when Laudrup was running riot or against Celtic with Di Canio.

The saddest thing of all - most, maybe all of our players, will wake up this morning with a sense of overwhelming relief. They cannot handle a scintilla of expectation or pressure. And that's all gone now. It was gone after fifteen minutes last nightand I'd bet my last penny most of them - internally at least - were breathing a massive sigh of relief. Their utter gutlessness shames the club.

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This is desperate stuff. 

But spot on. Letting your own club die and then being happy enough to knick some other poor group of supporters is a lot more shameless than not turning up to one bloody football match.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are at the moment and I’ve said several times you are a far better team than us however you walked away and let 2 clubs die - that fact will never change.

It's ok to lash out when you're confused and hurt pal. I would promise it will go away but 5 years is a long time to be feeling like you do and there's no end in sight 😂

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Would Alan Maybury want it? 

I'm not sure about him anyway. Some of the Edinburgh performances against us this season have been pretty gutless to say the least.  In 3 out of the 4 games they looked beag before they got on the park.

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Season ended last night which tbh I feared we’d get beat, but not the humiliation and abhorrent display.
Firstly congratulations to Airdrie, you lost your managerial team and decided to go with player/manager set up, a few shrewd signings and last night as bad as we were, you played some great football and credit where’s it’s due. 
Where does the club go from here? I honestly don’t think the BOD will even make a statement till after Saturdays game. Will McGlynn walk - not a chance in hell as guaranteed wage for next season. Will the BOD recognise that keeping the existing manager will seriously affect new STs and renewals? - not sure. 
Some major decisions to be made, my genuine fear is no change and this clown gets next season. I’ve said already that Nesbitt getting two year deal should have set the alarm bells ringing. 

Very magnanimous of you but knowing Airdrie, it's not quite over yet! The player/manager appointment was a big risk and we've seen some crazy results and performances this season, last night being no exception. Bottom line is you shouldn't be in this league. We shouldn't be in this league either. Trailing away to absolute dumps like Meadowbank and Kelty, watching 20 Edinburgh fans celebrating pumping us 6-0 at home, we've had lows too in recent times. Stuck in this league for years, financial issues, change of ownership (sound familiar?). We've already been there and done that and I take no pleasure in seeing "big" teams like you, Dunfermline, Thistle joining us down in the dump of League 1 over the last few seasons. Your time will come, I'm sure of it but from an outsider looking in, older managers like McGlynn are yesterday's men (although I accept that Chipper may be an exception). Unsure of the way forward for you, I'm sure you feel the same way but best of luck to you. You'll need it!

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

But spot on. Letting your own club die and then being happy enough to knick some other poor group of supporters is a lot more shameless than not turning up to one bloody football match.

you will have experience of that being a "Camelon" fan surely?

I don't think we'll have the money to sack him, bring in a new manager and also back them in the summer to revamp the squad again. 

Maybury would be my pick right enough as I know he was highly thought of when he was here and he's done miracles with that Edinburgh team. Not to mention he'd bring back Mark Kerr with him.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

The recent Raith Rovers AGM illustrated what can happen if you give a manager free reign to spend a budget with no control at all.  For example, the club had heard that Keatings can't train more than twice a week, was injury prone, but Mcglynn threw a 2 year deal at him.  Ended up costing the club £30k to pay him off.

It's not just the managers job it impacts, it impacts the clubs finances, and also impacts the ability of the replacement manager to make an immediate impact, given that multi year deals are already in place to players who aren't contributing enough.  We are seeing that very thing happen at Rovers this season.

If Falkirk do what we did, you will end up in a similar position if you bin Mcglynn.

I couldn't believe that.  Didn't both Keatings and The Caley tell Raith when he signed the PCA that he couldn't train full time?