The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We needed a right back and we had one signed on the first of January, we needed more creativity and we brought in Meekison who got injured in his first game so we replaced him with Kucheriavyi.

We already needed an option upfront and then the situation got worse with Alegria unexpectedly going back to Rangers. So we brought in Allan & Wright, Allan would have been perfectly fine had we changed our formation up to get the best out of him thus removing the need for any of them to play as a lone striker.

We needed another keeper as Hogarth went back to Forrest and we got Kinnear in.

The only position I wanted another option for in January that we didn't get was another winger, as Craig McGuffie's nowhere near good enough and Nesbitt's hopeless out wide.

What concerns me is that a lot of the players that were not up for it this season are signed for next season. Another year older some will be on the downward spiral to the end of their career.

With regard to new signings anybody from a higher divisional team will see the club as a last resort due to our track record. Where we should be looking is the lower division for the young player doing the business who will see full-time football as a step up in their career and be motivated accordingly.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What concerns me is that a lot of the players that were not up for it this season are signed for next season. Another year older some will be on the downward spiral to the end of their career.

With regard to new signings anybody from a higher divisional team will see the club as a last resort due to our track record. Where we should be looking is the lower division for the young player doing the business who will see full-time football as a step up in their career and be motivated accordingly.

The issue with that is if they are really on the up they'll have full time championship clubs after them and we don't have much of a pull over them at this point.

Loans are crucial in this league, McGlynn used that avenue fairly well this season so hopefully we use it to our advantage again.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Good move by the club announcing that signing at this point to be fair. Welcome aboard Alfie.

Good signing, can’t help feeling this has been rushed out to take the heat out of tomorrow but I’m happy with him. He gave our back line a torrid time the first game at TFS against Kelty.

Likely a decent enough signing tbf, he’s looked a handful every time we’ve played against him.

The bitter, cynical part of me which has reared its head in the last few days does say it’s being announced *now* as a distraction.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Maybe we should be signing all the good players at league 1 level to finally get us out of it? I mean, signing players from the leagues above hasn’t exactly worked so far. Great to have some pace and power for next season. 

My mate said that to me yesterday. Forget the Championship and above players and focus on L1 and try to weaken our opponents for next season by targeting their best players. As you say looking at the championship dross hasn’t panned out well so far.

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Good move by the club announcing that signing at this point to be fair. Welcome aboard Alfie. More pace and power needed along with this signing for next season.

Didn't get his way out of the PCA then.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Didn't get his way out of the PCA then.

Followed his navy blue blood to the right side of the forth. On a serious note he doesn't look ready for the championship, still a fair bit of work to get him to be the finished article.

29 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Good move by the club announcing that signing at this point to be fair. Welcome aboard Alfie. More pace and power needed along with this signing for next season.

McGlynn will see him as a good back up to Oliver 

Edited by grumpyoldman

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Allan and Agyeman is a potent strikeforce, big fan of both. You'd hope the manager next season will use them correctly.

He’ll warm the bench along with Allan and Burrell whilst Gary Oliver does the business.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Allan and Agyeman is a potent strikeforce, big fan of both. You'd hope the manager next season will use them correctly.

Any news on where Macdonald or Todorov are heading? Wouldn't mind either of them.

15 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Usually comments from the manager on a story of a player signing - interesting there is nothing. 

I noticed that as well and thought it was a tad odd.  Might be he is too busy deciding 433 or 41212.  

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any news on where Macdonald or Todorov are heading? Wouldn't mind either of them.

Todorov apparently to Ayr (which I'd be surprised at for a couple of reasons!). Nothing on Macdonald AFAIK.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Common sense not putting anything with McGlynn's name on it at the moment given the heat he's under. I doubt we would be making signings if we didn't have a manager in place for next season.

Unless, as has been suggested, it was a PCA and he was coming regardless? It has been rumoured for a while now.

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

Unless, as has been suggested, it was a PCA and he was coming regardless? It has been rumoured for a while now.

We surely wouldn't be stupid enough to riddle a new manager with signings that weren't his again. Ala Sheerin with Mckay, Hetherington, Nesbitt, Williamson and McGuffie.