The Falkirk FC Thread

On 01/07/2023 at 09:01, Believe The Hype said:

Stirling Albion will surely bring a lot more than Peterhead though 

On 01/07/2023 at 10:22, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Screenshot_20230701-101951_Chrome.thumb.jpg.41436a7f78fff0d028815fbc333d8f27.jpg

385. The 2nd game that season they brought 215. Still a lot more than the 20 from Peterhead tbf. 

Assuming the fans momentum continues next season, then we’ll bring more than that through. It’s a hard one to gauge because last season, in about October our crowds started to go crazy (for our standards), a lot of old faces returned, the Junior Academy started to come along and the young ultras grew in numbers. Not saying we’ll bring through enough to open the Away Stand, but I suspect the first game against us will be extremely busy at least.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Not saying we’ll bring through enough to open the Away Stand, but I suspect the first game against us will be extremely busy at least.

As above, you will be in the away stand regardless after there was a bit of 'bother' regarding lack of segregation in the main stand. Away Fans have to share the same facilities in the main stand as the home Fans. Believe this will still be the case this season. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Box to box midfielder needed - missing for past three seasons 

Give us a name 

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Box to box midfielder needed - missing for past three seasons 

Who was the box to box midfielder we had 3 seasons ago? I can't remember. 

Edit to add that I've just had a quick look at Better Meddle and, IMO, the last 'box to box' midfielder that we had that could be described as any good in the role was Will Vaulks! :o

I would describe a box to box guy as someone who runs up and down a lot, sort of, well, from box to box really, and we've had a few of them since Will. Paul Paton and even Hetherington last season. 

I'm curious as to who you're talking about. Do you mean Gomis, McShane, Blair Alston?

Edited by ShaggerG

3 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Oliver dropping in isn’t the problem. The problem is no one runs beyond the midfield into the final third. Many strikers drop in but have runners behind the last man.

It is though as the strikers that drop in are also capable of then making a late run into the box after the balls been laid off. Kane for example you don't ever see him struggling for goals.

Guest Ecosse83

If the budget is that tight now resigning Oliver and giving Nesbitt 2 years seems even stranger now! 

Even keeping Mcginn seems a bit odd with us signing Spencer. 

Still think there will be movement with loaned etc though so hopefully things look a bit better come Annan! 

Edited by Ecosse83

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

If this is true, Nesbitt getting a two year deal is absolutely ludicrous and should have never been signed off.

Signed off by whom? Manager is given a budget, it's up to him how it's spent. I feel we've had this debate already though. 

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

If the budget is that right now resigning Oliver and giving Nesbitt 2 years seems even stranger now! 

Still think there will be movement with loaned etc though so hopefully things look a bit better come Annan! 

Football management, like most things in life, isn't an exact science though. He maybe didn't know that he had any chance of signing Spencer when he resigned McGinn for example.

Nesbitt's deal was some weeks ago now too, when he knew that he would need a squad, not just a first eleven. 

Things move all the time in this game, players who were never thought to be available may suddenly become so, others that we think we're stuck with may get the chance to move on etc, etc.

38 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Give us a name 

It's most likely going to be loans but McGlynn was quite good on that front last season.

Finlay Robertson ran the show against us in the home cup game last season and scored their third.

Connor Smith before Hamilton get him back.

13 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

If the budget is that tight now resigning Oliver and giving Nesbitt 2 years seems even stranger now! 

Been said before already, nothing odd about Oliver and mcginn taking up the option of the year extensions they were entitled too. 

Eta: definitely agree on the Nesbitt one though, that was just out of the blue for me and in my opinion not really deserved. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

BB already stated, without actually stating, McGinn and Oliver's contract extensions were triggered automatically so I don't know why we're still debating why McGlynn chose to extend their deals. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's most likely going to be loans but McGlynn was quite good on that front last season.

Finlay Robertson ran the show against us in the home cup game last season and scored their third.

Never asked you 

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Connor Smith won't be going to either of us. He's far too good for league 1 wouldn't be surprised if Hearts give him a chance in their first team. If he does get loaned out i can see him going back to Queens Park. He'll definitely not be in league 1 though. 

3 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Dylan Tait signs for Hamilton. I hoped they would continue to be a basket case but they look to be putting a half decent side together. Hope Rankine finds a way to make a c**t of it like some of our managers have. 

Seem to be making the same mistake as we did, signing players all very similar in profile. Aside from Scott Martin there's not much physicality in their midfield.

Morrison had Stephen Hendrie on toast last season and Cove weren't fussed about Longridge going.