The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

The away stand will be open for every fixture next season 

It's there a league rule or something forcing this? It must cost the club money to open that stand for tiny groups of away fans. 

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

If you’re after a right back I wonder if McGlynn might go for Dave McKay. Released from QotS and McGlynn seemed to prefer him as a right back. Would do a job in League One.

The Bairns will be spared the ordeal of watching club-footed centre half Dave McKay lumbering around at right back, he's signed for Alloa. 

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I know that I am repeating myself here but I really hope we at least tried to get Blaine Rowe back.

Mad to think that Rowe, whilst being no world beater, was probably our best RB since Keiran Duffy who himself was nothing particularly special. I'd be happy to see Rowe back.

Right back seems to have been a problem position for us for years whilst we seem to pick up some fairly good left backs regularly.

Guest Back Post Misses
34 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Right back is obvious but there's no midfield enforcer in there either, and Id still prefer another centre forward whether we get them is a different story.

I'd hope not but if push comes to shove he'll play Yeats or McKay there pish as it is. Might have no choice if the biscuit tin is empty. Hence McGlynn the other day sending a message to get your season tickets bought. 

You would not be happy if we had signed Vaulks, Lyle Taylor and Michael McGovern. You are a broken record. 

10 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

The Bairns will be spared the ordeal of watching club-footed centre half Dave McKay lumbering around at right back, he's signed for Alloa. 

We’ve have 1 too many McKays anyway but aye was away to see he’s at Alloa. 

27 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

It's there a league rule or something forcing this? It must cost the club money to open that stand for tiny groups of away fans. 

Jamie Swinney said the costs were only marginally more than having Away fans in the corner of the west stand due to additional stewarding costs. 

After the 2/3 incidents in the first half of last season, it probably makes sense.

Didnt bother me personally but I can understand older fans or families not wanting to have issues sharing seating/toilets/kiosks with away fans. 

14 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Jamie Swinney said the costs were only marginally more than having Away fans in the corner of the west stand due to additional stewarding costs. 

After the 2/3 incidents in the first half of last season, it probably makes sense.

Didnt bother me personally but I can understand older fans or families not wanting to have issues sharing seating/toilets/kiosks with away fans. 

What were the incidents mate ?

Can you imagine what some of the modern fans would have made of being in the cage at Brockville with Geordie, Nos etc etc. I spent many an afternoon in there back in the day (as I’m sure you did Ross) and what a place it was 😂.

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What were the incidents mate ?

Can you imagine what some of the modern fans would have made of being in the cage at Brockville with Geordie, Nos etc etc. I spent many an afternoon in there back in the day (as I’m sure you did Ross) and what a place it was 😂.

The cage was a brilliant laugh back in the day yeah. Some of the banter was class, let alone the madness at a goal 😂.

Not a lot tbh re last season, usual stuff at a game between fans. I think what brought it to a head last season though was the Friday night game versus QOS. A boisterous away support, delighted they went 2 up (before losing), started fighting the stewards and a few home fans were getting involved too. Nothing huge as I say but with most along that way either older or are families, I can imagine quite a lot of feedback was sent to the club. 

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

The cage was a brilliant laugh back in the day yeah. Some of the banter was class, let alone the madness at a goal 😂.

Not a lot tbh re last season, usual stuff at a game between fans. I think what brought it to a head last season though was the Friday night game versus QOS. A boisterous away support, delighted they went 2 up (before losing), started fighting the stewards and a few home fans were getting involved too. Nothing huge as I say but with most along that way either older or are families, I can imagine quite a lot of feedback was sent to the club. 

Always think it’s mad how at a World Cup some really passionate fans can all sit amongst each other yet we can’t do that at League One matches for fear of crowd trouble. 

7 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Always think it’s mad how at a World Cup some really passionate fans can all sit amongst each other yet we can’t do that at League One matches for fear of crowd trouble. 

I’m not condoning trouble at any game for one minute but I think, and only my opinion, that people are much, much, much, much more passionate about their club than their country. I don’t think it’s even close - and I regularly attend Scotland games.

4 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Tough to compare sometimes though I think. At other L1 games & L2 it’s prob fine in most cases.

But most of the senior games or larger games down here in L1 (& down south too), mixing of crowds is just a disaster waiting to happen. 

International football can be different too (or it’s maybe just me). At a WC game I’m not sure I’d care as much if a danish guy beside me celebrates a last minute winner. An away supporter at a Bairns game though I’d feel a lot different 😂

1 minute ago, brokeville said:

No

Exactly. Just another thing to moan about for the sake of moaning. If there’s no right back in the building in about a months time then we can maybe start pointing fingers at McGlynn/Nesbitt/Oliver

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Tough to compare sometimes though I think. At other L1 games & L2 it’s prob fine in most cases.

But most of the senior games or larger games down here in L1 (& down south too), mixing of crowds is just a disaster waiting to happen. 

International football can be different too (or it’s maybe just me). At a WC game I’m not sure I’d care as much if a danish guy beside me celebrates a last minute winner. An away supporter at a Bairns game though I’d feel a lot different 😂

To be fair I tend to agree although 6 pints doon I’d still probably smack the c**t in the mooth 😂.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Can't say I'm overly worried about full back. It's our midfield that looks really short of creativity which was a massive problem last year.

Really hope we have another signing at least coming in there. 

Short of creativity? You have Morrison, Miller, Lawal, Nesbitt, Honeyman and Carroll. How many players do you want sitting in the stand every week? 

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

If you’re after a right back I wonder if McGlynn might go for Dave McKay. Released from QotS and McGlynn seemed to prefer him as a right back. Would do a job in League One.

Dave McKay signed for Alloa a fortnight ago.