The Falkirk FC Thread

I like yeats he has a great mentality and looks to get on the ball but no way should we be starting a league campaign with him as the first choice right back. 

Edited by gav-ffc

On 08/07/2023 at 11:09, Roboccop said:

I’ve long thought we should crowd source a jumbotron. £30,000 I believe is ballpark. But there would have to be a lot of FSS discussion with members before such a decision and discussions with the club. Perhaps there are other priorities. 

There’s a FSS members meeting planned for 1st Sept to discuss how and what form  future money is given to the club. Want a say then join up. 

As of this week FSS will be giving the club £104,000 a year as membership is still growing slowly. In other words FSS is now covering one quarter of the annual deficit. There’s still a problem but FSS is making a difference. 

I'll consent to my money being used to but a jumbo Tron provided we show replays mid match of opposition players making Jeremy hunts of things to the Benny hill theme tune. 

Edited by GMBairn

2 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I’ll make a prediction: Allan will get 20+; Agyeman and Morrison 10-15 each; MacIvor, Oliver, Wee RabC, and the new winger from Morton 10-ish each. 

Did someone give you the keys to the Brockville Bar? 😆 

7 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I’ll make a prediction: Allan will get 20+; Agyeman and Morrison 10-15 each; MacIvor, Oliver, Wee RabC, and the new winger from Morton 10-ish each. 

What about in the second half of the season?

24 minutes ago, StuartA said:

3 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I’m taking this as a yes to my previous question! 😆 

Guest Back Post Misses
52 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I like yeats he has a great mentality and looks to get on the ball but no way should we be starting a league campaign with him as the first choice right back. 

Apparently he was just about the best player we had today

37 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

Would be astonished if a right back wasn't still to come in, surely that position would have been a priority.

It’s all about managers making the right decisions. Yeats is not a natural RB. Why was a RB not first on his radar is bewildering. Time will tell. 

I mean.... For those who think we are bringing no one else in, regardless of McGlynns interview, that would mean that we are to believe not only are we going with no right back, but are also going into a season with no loanees. 

When did that last happen? 

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It’s all about managers making the right decisions. Yeats is not a natural RB. Why was a RB not first on his radar is bewildering. Time will tell. 

Here we go again. How do you know that a RB was not his priority? He said himself that it was in fact. The fact that we haven't signed one doesn't mean that he hasn't tried. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I mean.... For those who think we are bringing no one else in, regardless of McGlynns interview, that would mean that we are to believe not only are we going with no right back, but are also going into a season with no loanees. 

Exactly. I'd be amazed if after using the loan market extensively and well in the main last season we started this  season with none.

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Nail on the head. Folk thinking thats our lot with out a single loanee coming in are just looking for something to moan about. 

Don’t think anyone has mentioned about not bringing in loans. Just pointing out that those who said the budget was used up appear to be correct.