The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Would it be wrong to think that the BOD have plan a plan to bin McGlynn if the team is faltering early into the season? Has the budget deliberated been kept narrow in the event that if the scenario developed that we were not commanding top or close to top the funds are there to make changes?

Jesus take a day off. We go again.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Would it be wrong to think that the BOD have plan a plan to bin McGlynn if the team is faltering early into the season? Has the budget deliberated been kept narrow in the event that if the scenario developed that we were not commanding top or close to top the funds are there to make changes?

Yeah, that makes sense. A business plan that involves starting the season really badly then use funds to pay off the manager then bring in a new manager to work with the sacked managers players.

Why didn’t anyone else think of that😂.

As a long time fan of the club i think that what us fans want and need is a fast attacking side which creates chances and builds atmosphere. The team today and last season was not that sort. We need to be a direct attack and have a Bairdy type in the box causing mayhem. Airdrie sadly were the team last season ( mostly ) that fans can get behind. This methodical slow predictable shit will not get bums off seats. Some of our attacking options are there and need to be used correctly. Not a change from the ridgid crap we have been served. Hope this was a run out only!

Edited by Bigbrbairn

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah, that makes sense. A business plan that involves starting the season really badly then use funds to pay off the manager then bring in a new manager to work with the sacked managers players.

It would be wrong not to scenario plan for it though.  

I'd have though there's a review point in October say where if there's no improvement on last season's garbage we have to empty him.

8 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

It would be wrong not to scenario plan for it though.  

I'd have though there's a review point in October say where if there's no improvement on last season's garbage we have to empty him.

They’ve backed McGlynn, wrongly in my opinion, and judging by the players he’s brought in our budget is amongst the top 2 in the league.

Sacking him in October would mean the board admitting they failed in their choice of manager.

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

In all seriousness it would make sense. if there is no cash in the bank then budgets should be made for pretty much break even. If it was considered we may need to sack McGlynn then depending on his deal we would need to maintain £50k-£100k to potentially get rid of him and his coaching staff. It’s catch 22 as withholding money diminishes the squad but ultimately don’t want to be in a situation whereby sacking McGlynn would put us in the red. As far as I can see he should have been given enough of a budget to win us the league. No doubt loans are still to come so will be the end of September before we can judge whether he’s spent it well. As I’ve said before I can understand some reservations at the moment though. 

Edited by Van_damage

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They’ve backed McGlynn, wrongly in my opinion, and judging by the players he’s brought in our budget is amongst the top 2 in the league.

Sacking him in October would mean the board admitting they failed in their choice of manager.

Why wait until October? They should admit that they made a mistake now.

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It would make you feckin greet! 😂

6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Don't you use friendlies to perfect the style of play that you intend to use when the real stuff starts?

We have a competitive match on Tuesday.  The players aren’t exactly going to be rushing into tackles.  You can’t use them to judge anything.

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Much as I have never rated McGlynn, I actually don’t think the Board made the wrong appointment. Potentially keeping him in post might prove to be a bad choice, but that story has yet to roll out.

The BoD have backed their choice three times now……..last summer, last January, and now this summer. I would say that McGlynn hasn’t been backed to this extent in his entire career.

Let’s not mess about……the likes of Lang and Spencer are at TFS because we have offered more money than anyone else, and that is purely down to the BoD giving him the cash to do so.

If this goes wrong, I attach 0% of the blame to the BoD, and 100% if it to McGlynn’s inability to manage effectively. He strikes me as very much yesterday’s news, and the more he digs in his heels and sticks to his outdated 4-2-3-1, the more he us going to get caught out by those managers who see, understand and adopt the changes that are becoming widespread in the game.

He has embarrassed the club in the play offs, and offered precious little in the Cup semi-final. None of that should be dismissed or set aside until he either wins promotion, or his time comes to an end as Falkirk manager.