The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Fair enough, I just don't see anything to suggest we're going to be fine with these players and tactics (and I've been watching for about 35 years).  

Out of jail tonight but on the showings so far we'll maybe sneak past Annan but Cove away isn't a fixture I'm particularly looking forward to.  We need to up our game in every department.  

Look who knows what will happen this season. Still a few weeks to go before the league campaign . Hopefully a couple of loan signings to boost the squad and get everyone fit then see where we are.

Bit of a funny game. First half we were totally dominant without really creating much. Second half Spartans came into the game for a period of about 10 minutes but offered very little going forward all game. Then there was our usual defensive error.

I’m still not convinced we have the quality or depth to win the league with the squad as it stands. A few injuries like we had tonight against a better team and we could be in trouble. One thing going for quality over quantity but we have neither imo.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I've watched Falkirk for 40 odd years. Pre league campaign matches mean absolutely feck all. I've seen us be brilliant and get relegated I've seen us be poor and do fine . I said that on here when some folk were creaming theirselves over the way we were playing in Houston's last pre season.  Annan is the crunch for me. We need to be ready then.

I’m quite surprised at that. The League Cup can potentially be a good earner early in the season with prize money for progression and potential TV money. I think given our financial predicament that any money could really help us.

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Rumours flying that Oliver and mcglynn have had a bust up.

Where do these rumours come from? Had it with Burrell and Morrison and Rowe too but nothing was ever substantiated. 

If he has fell out with McGlynn then I very much doubt he'll play much. The man's a stubborn p***k and tbh Oliver is no great loss anyway. It's just a pity if true that he'll probably sit collecting a wage for doing nothing for a second season. Oliver I mean. 

9 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

It won't be 4k for sure. Not sure my laptop can reliably encode 4k without thermal throttling - my desktop can but it's harder to carry around. Besides 4k capture devices is expensive and there's a lot more fun equipment for HD I'd rather have. Anyway...

We used their system for about 6 months and one of the problems I felt was the punitive cost of higher bitrates. Fairly sure they were running about 2000 kbps bit rate. See youtube's recommended bitrate below but the bottom line and I've heard this from Dunfermline's fans is that it runs with blocky video because it's not been encoded with enough information to  show you details. Also the CMS he uses to log in etc is an absolute relic - I hated it.

image.png.e97e447c5bccb6ef30c81801d98f7d49.png

We stream at the same bitrate as the BBC do now which is 5166kbps give or take. There's no extra cost for this better picture quality too. Your CEO said he was impressed when he watched our stream so I'm surprised he never asked about what we do.  I think I'm paying slightly more than what Brian's setup costs him but I pay a lot less by not having to pay Brian's cut.

They’ve a desktop for home games with enough horsepower for 4K, certainly for high end 1080p. However  I think they’ve some Bobby basics to sort. Shame really