The Falkirk FC Thread

For the handball incident Burrell flicks it onto his own left arm, Henderson even claims for the handball straight away can see him putting his two arms up looking for it. Baffling decision.

It's the same ref who sent Robbie Mutch off for a push after Jordan Allan had a kick at him when we drew 1-1 with Forfar at home a few years ago, everytime he ref's us he makes the game about himself and has a shocker.

I'm led to believe that we are still in for Jack Harkness and have been for a while. It stalled when a championship team were in for him. It is hoped that Mcglynns reputation will be enough to get deal over the line

Edited by Higgenarse

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Like them both but they've got to translate that into goals. 

MacIver has had the knack recently and Ageyman has shown glimpses but saying "too much to handle" is a reach whilst there's no consistent, end product.

I think their end product has been very consistent so far given the number of goals scored v games played. I think Agyeman may score regularly if played through the middle, although, as I say, I don't think McGlynn will do it.

22 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

I'm led to believe that we are still in for Jack Harkness and have been for a while. It stalled when a championship team were in for him. It is hoped that Mcglynns reputation will be enough to get deal over the line

I heard it was Morton that were in for him. 

4 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I heard it was Morton that were in for him. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was the deal itself. Heard from a very good source that young players from both arse cheeks the loan deal is that if they play each week, there’s no charge or a nominal fee. It’s when they’re not playing you pick up their wages. 

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There were some good examples, and the commentator even used the exact term in the highlights, of "good centre forward play" from McIver yesterday. Boy is certainly making some of the takes when we signed him look silly on a weekly basis, but what he does along with Agyeman being more central will be physically too much to handle for every defence in this league. 

Hopefully 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was the deal itself. Heard from a very good source that young players from both arse cheeks the loan deal is that if they play each week, there’s no charge or a nominal fee. It’s when they’re not playing you pick up their wages. 

Currently, we could satisfy the “no charge” bit, and we couldn’t do the “nominal fee” bit. The “pick up their wages” bit……..no chance.

From the limited highlights Miller looked a better wing threat than Alfie and Alfie was much more effective in the middle. Granted this view is from watching highlights. Was that the way it appeared to those free souls that travelled to watch it all. Allan as a swap for either late in game could work too. Options at least

Edited by Bigbrbairn

On 13/08/2023 at 17:38, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was talking about the way the game is changing and the direction it is going. That was the ethos of my post.

The successful teams of the future will have players that can do a shift in whatever position they find themselves.

No rigid team set up it will all be about flexibility with setups for different phases of the game.

Football is competing with other forms of entertainment and if the product is not good enough.

No, you were saying (last season) we should be playing with a sweeper.

Pretty sure outside of pub football (and even then I doubt it) there won't be many teams playing with a sweeper due to something called the offside rule. 

Not sure which "direction" you are going on about other than the dark ages, and no amount of "flexibility" will involve a sweeper.

I could be wrong though and you could be a trailblazer - the new Pep.

Edited by Hank von Hell

18 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was talking about the way the game is changing and the direction it is going. That was the ethos of my post.

The successful teams of the future will have players that can do a shift in whatever position they find themselves.

No rigid team set up it will all be about flexibility with setups for different phases of the game.

Football is competing with other forms of entertainment and if the product is not good enough.

Where is the game changing ?

I think you have been playing too much FIFA.

I can't see football changing much, the rich will play football easy on the eye as it is currently, some will be pretenders through the league's but the majority will continue to have kick run, hoof ball or grinding out a result.

Football is competing with other forms of entertainment but remind me of our season ticket sales in league 3 especially 2 seasons ago after the darkest end of a season I've had as a Falkirk fan. 

If you get the local club bug, I don't think it leaves you and thankfully this has been proven with our fanbase.

6 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

From the limited highlights Miller looked a better wing threat than Alfie and Alfie was much more effective in the middle. Granted this view is from watching highlights. Was that the way it appeared to those free souls that travelled to watch it all. Allan as a swap for either late in game could work too. Options at least

Yeah I thought Miller looked a lot better on the left and Morrison much more suited to the right, with Alfie through the middle looking really dangerous playing that second striker role. That’s the system I would use going forward but that midfield three is really interchangeable. Millers cross for Alfie’s header in the second half (which he should have scored tbf) was absolutely sublime, pretty sure you can see it on the highlights. 

20 hours ago, StuartA said:

I know unlucky doesn’t pay the bills,  but we were. That could easily have been 5.  MacIvor looks hungry and will get a fair few this season and was unfortunate twice. Had his first woodwork gone in I get the feeling we’d have overrun them. 

I suspect Hartley has a larger budget than McGlynn seeing as he’s just signed two new squads and kept some of the bigger earners from previous seasons. Hope it’s a rerun of his calamity with us though, and his sugar daddies will start flapping. 

Not sure about that. They’ve brought in 8 players and we’ve brought in 7. They might have a slightly bigger squad but they still have several players on part time contracts. 

As for the result, will know more context whether it’s points dropped or gained as the season progresses but at the moment clutching a point with a last minute goal feels like a decent point.

Edited by Van_damage

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

No, you were saying (last season) we should be playing with a sweeper.

Pretty sure outside of pub football (and even then I doubt it) there will be many teams playing with a sweeper due to something called the offside rule. 

Not sure which "direction" you are going on about other than the dark ages, and no amount of "flexibility" will involve a sweeper.

I could be wrong though and you could be a trailblazer - the new Pep.

If it was not for my humility I would be perfect so will refrain from commenting further on being a visionary.

29 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Not sure about that. They’ve brought in 8 players and we’ve brought in 7. They might have a slightly bigger squad but they still have several players on part time contracts. 

As for the result, will know more context whether it’s points dropped or gained as the season progresses but at the moment clutching a point with a last minute goal feels like a decent point.

I assume you mean 8 players as a net figure because they've signed 16? If it is a net figure we're obviously less than 7 too.

8 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

It's time we start considering the fact that the referee did in fact get the penalty decision correct.

Why do you say this? I can't see how he got it correct from viewing the footage but, if you were at the game and had a clear view of it, then fair enough.