The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, Jan mosniack said:

Hi folks, running a mini bus up to our game at the TFS on Sep 16. Was looking for recommendations for a boozer pre match. A fun, friendly, cheapish establishment with decent food would be ideal. Thanks in anticipation.

Behind The Wall. No brainier really. Park up, enjoy your food and drink, and you will in all probability get a seat on the complimentary bus down to the ground (and back again). There really isn’t much close to the ground.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Behind The Wall. No brainier really. Park up, enjoy your food and drink, and you will in all probability get a seat on the complimentary bus down to the ground (and back again). There really isn’t much close to the ground.

It's not 'cheapish' though. 

2 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

I'm sure I was £4 odd for a pint of tennants the last time I was in there, shocking prices for Falkirk 

The Station Hotel in Larbert is £4.60 (four pounds and sixty pence) for a pint of Tennents incidentally

15 hours ago, Jan mosniack said:

Hi folks, running a mini bus up to our game at the TFS on Sep 16. Was looking for recommendations for a boozer pre match. A fun, friendly, cheapish establishment with decent food would be ideal. Thanks in anticipation.

There really isn't much choice to be honest. I'd probably recommend The Graeme Hotel. Fairly reasonable in price for drink & food. It's always packed with Falkirk fans on a Saturday though, so it's probably a good idea to try and book the wee function room to guarantee a space and decent service. 

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There is the rub for TFS as a venue -its location.

Home or away fan it's a hike from the town center, taxi car or a bus not exactly a customer friendly location.

What is needed is development around the stadium to encourage footfall. Same goes for the Kelpies, people turn up have a look at the attraction, there's nothing else to entice them to stay and they bugger off.

Once folk hang around services will locate there to service them.

But that is too much of a good idea for the Falkirk Council's liking

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

There is the rub for TFS as a venue -its location.

Home or away fan it's a hike from the town center, taxi car or a bus not exactly a customer friendly location.

What is needed is development around the stadium to encourage footfall. Same goes for the Kelpies, people turn up have a look at the attraction, there's nothing else to entice them to stay and they bugger off.

Once folk hang around services will locate there to service them.

But that is too much of a good idea for the Falkirk Council's liking

Its taken years of chat, and designs of fancy fucking flyovers, and theres still no means of safely crossing the road in front of the stadium. I tend to aprpaoch from the other side these days but it always blew my mind that theres nothing there, and that people arent routinely hurt. 

The Black Bull in Polmont might be a shout too, they have a wee function suite attached to the main pub. Again, you might need to phone about availability.

A guy from Laurieston Bowling Club, which isn't too far from TFS, used to post saying that they are we open for business for fans on Saturdays. Maybe give them a ring? Don't know if they do food though.

Their number is 01324 629931.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The Station Hotel in Larbert is £4.60 (four pounds and sixty pence) for a pint of Tennents incidentally

Was a great pub to drink in when I turned 18, pool table, fairly cheap (if I remember correctly) and a jukebox. Fucking shite now. 

Just now, Senor Bairn said:

Was a great pub to drink in when I turned 18, pool table, fairly cheap (if I remember correctly) and a jukebox. Fucking shite now. 

Its gone a bit odd in my time living in Larbert. Its got all the ingredients. Some local auld boys I know avoid it becasue they believe the owners dont want "regular" type punters and would rpefere to peddle to a different market and also the food. Its not hard to see what they mean. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Its gone a bit odd in my time living in Larbert. Its got all the ingredients. Some local auld boys I know avoid it becasue they believe the owners dont want "regular" type punters and would rpefere to peddle to a different market and also the food. Its not hard to see what they mean. 

It's definitely went from a typical pub to a bistro now, not my cup of tea at all. It's ideal for a pint before hopping onto the train. But there's plenty better pubs in stenny/larbert I tend to go into now! 

20 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

It's definitely went from a typical pub to a bistro now, not my cup of tea at all. It's ideal for a pint before hopping onto the train. But there's plenty better pubs in stenny/larbert I tend to go into now! 

The Commercial is far better, much friendlier and cheaper too.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

There was a pub attached to Coasters when the college was open, and it was cheap. Don't know if it is still open though. 

Pennies I think it was called, when at college that was my go to for a lunchtime pint at 16 when I was at college, didn't need photo Id in thoose days,,,