The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Lol  a quick Google search says they haven't exactly gotten off to a great start no wins in four games, signed 16 new players, dishing out 3 year deals and ex QoS and Dunfermline player Pybus has been jettisoned for not wanting to play. 

York City - famously renamed their stadium KitKat crescent - and it was at that stage they ceased being a serious club! Such a shame.

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

York City - famously renamed their stadium KitKat crescent - and it was at that stage they ceased being a serious club! Such a shame.

Sorry, I'm not getting you? 

There are umpteen stadia with Brand names incorporated into the stadium name, both past and present. Tony Macaroni at Livingston, Walker's Stadium at Leicester (the crisp bowl?), Arsenal / Emirates, Manchester City / Etihad, Burton Albion / Pirelli etc. And my favourite, the Toughsheet Stadium of Bolton Wanderers!

What is so particularly bad about the KitKat Stadium?

Wasn't so long ago York were signing the dross from Scottish football - Scott Flinders, Alex Harris, Mark Beck etc. Now they can probably outbid virtually everyone below Premiership level for players and probably most of the bottom 6 as well. Another sad reflection of the financial chasm between Scotland and England 

Maybe he wanted to move back down south for family reasons but I'd be amazed if the likes of St Johnstone etc weren't in for him

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

32 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

You’d think they’d have tried to tempt Yorkie bar to sponsor it! 

Seriously, I hope big Brad manages to get himself another club. His best ultimately hasn't been good enough, but he's tried it (until very recently possibly). He can't be feeling very good about things just now and it would be good for all concerned if he could get fixed up elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Could always attend as a former player 🤔

I don’t think Brad deserves a move away right now as he is cover for right back and centre back.

I would only move him if we bring in another centre back that can play right back

2 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

I don’t think Brad deserves a move away right now as he is cover for right back and centre back.

I would only move him if we bring in another centre back that can play right back

Aye, but we can only do that if Brad moves in the first place, unless we get a free loan from somewhere. 

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Looking on Twitter it appears Inverness have a centre half crisis. Surely they’ll take an ex player back, one who knows the club well and made lots of appearances for them…

The reason McKay left them was because he wanted to be closer to the central belt, I doubt he'd be in a hurry to go back up to that neck of the woods. He also wasn't a firm favourite with the ICT fans. You'd think he'd want to be playing week in week out but given he's already had two years wages out us he might be happy sitting on the bench till next summer then worry about his next move. It's not as if there's loads of centre halves in front of him. A suspension or injury to Lang or Donaldson or Yeats and he's straight back in. I think most would be glad to see the back of him but I fear we might have to wait till January at least. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, but we can only do that if Brad moves in the first place, unless we get a free loan from somewhere. 

I'd rather try one of the youngsters to be honest. There's as much chance Mackay will screw things up than one of them and it gives them experience.

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

The reason McKay left them was because he wanted to be closer to the central belt, I doubt he'd be in a hurry to go back up to that neck of the woods. He also wasn't a firm favourite with the ICT fans. You'd think he'd want to be playing week in week out but given he's already had two years wages out us he might be happy sitting on the bench till next summer then worry about his next move. It's not as if there's loads of centre halves in front of him. A suspension or injury to Lang or Donaldson or Yeats and he's straight back in. I think most would be glad to see the back of him but I fear we might have to wait till January at least. 

Gary Holt. The gift that just keeps on giving. 

10 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Didn't have many suitors at all the last I'd heard, although that was about 5/6 weeks ago roughly. Swedish mob sniffing about him at that point but otherwise very little.

That does surprise me I thought pretty much every Scottish championship club and ourselves and you would of had him as a target. Potentially even a couple of the lower end premiership teams. I'm just a bit surprised he's ended up playing for a team that is 20th in the national league currently. Akinyemi did end up there as well so maybe they have a bit of money.

8 minutes ago, Theaccman said:

I just notice you guys are on Alba tomorrow. Do you reckon the game v the Accies has a chance of being moved to TV in October? When are they announcing games?

Only 2 games per stadium per season allowed on tv as part of the deal so Accies game could well be moved. Not sure when they’ll announce but our match on 23rd Sept has already been confirmed as on tv too. 

36 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

That does surprise me I thought pretty much every Scottish championship club and ourselves and you would of had him as a target. Potentially even a couple of the lower end premiership teams. I'm just a bit surprised he's ended up playing for a team that is 20th in the national league currently. Akinyemi did end up there as well so maybe they have a bit of money.

HAVE!!!!