The Falkirk FC Thread

Moving onto Ayr Utd on Tuesday. 

I like the Challenge Cup and hate losing in any Cup but still see need to rotate things

I'd go with: 

Hogarth

Blisland Donaldson Hayward McCann

Henderson

Nesbitt Lawal Oliver Morrison 

Allan

Ayr will be making changes as well so a good chance e for guys like Hayward to get more than 10/15 mins to see what they can do.

Thought we were excellent yesterday but by god we missed some sitters. Nesbitt's at the back post from the MacIver dink and Morrison battering it straight into the man on the line having done everything else right.

Could have been nervy as they had a few chances themselves in the second half.

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I like the Challenge Cup and hate losing in any Cup but still see need to rotate things

I'd go with: 

Hogarth

Henderson

Allan

Ayr will be making changes as well so a good chance e for guys like Hayward to get more than 10/15 mins to see what they can do.

Owen Hayward? Play a goalie at centre back? Maybe you mean Logan Sinclair?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

33 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I'd go with: 

Hogarth

Henderson

Allan

In keeping with our squad’s versatility, yes why not stick Hayward in defence and see how he goes😬 Joking aside, get Sinclair on at the back alongside McKay at CB, rest Donaldson and Lang. Throw Honeyman and Walker on and rest Hendo and Morrison. It’s a free hit for these players to see if they can push for a starting jersey. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

3 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

In keeping with our squad’s versatility, yes why not stick Hayward in defence and see how he goes😬 Joking aside, get Sinclair on at the back alongside McKay at CB, rest Donaldson and Lang. Throw Honeyman and Walker on and rest Hendo and Morrison. It’s a free hit for these players to see if they can push for a starting jersey. 

McKay injured.

4 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'm quietly optimistic about our start, however, tempered with the fact that 4 of our opening 5 games have come against the 4 of the bottom 5 sides. We've yet to play Hamilton and QoS and drew with Cove (albeit unluckily). A win against these 2 would show we've moved on from the nightmares of previous seasons. 

Its also good we are winning more games as opposed to drawing, those draws in previous seasons are like death by a thousand cuts, they aren't enough to win the league. Better to go for the throat, as we have been doing and lose the odd game or goal than scrape draws. 

Just had a look at who we've played and who Hamilton have played and there isn't much in it. We have both played Stirling, Cove and Edinburgh and while we've played Alloa in 6th and Annan in 9th, they've played Kelty in 5th and Montrose in 7th. Yes, it's looking like everything will hinge on our games against QoTS and each other.

I'm still not sure queen of the south will be in the running. They've lost at home to Montrose and Alloa , have scraped a couple of wins but are are leaking goals at an alarming rate.

They are also only in phase two of the how to make a right mess of getting out of league one plan. They've done the keep the boy we got relegated with and have replaced him with the person or persons with absolutely no managerial experience whatsoever.  Hamilton are currently still in phase one.

Edited by Shodwall cat

59 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm still not sure queen of the south will be in the running. They've lost at home to Montrose and Alloa , have scraped a couple of wins but are are leaking goals at an alarming rate.

They are also only in phase two of the how to make a right mess of getting out of league one plan. They've done the keep the boy we got relegated with and have replaced him with the person or persons with absolutely no managerial experience whatsoever.  Hamilton are currently still in phase one.

We wrote the book on “how to make a right mess off getting out of league one plan”. Hopefully, this is now the final chapter and we’ll be out of the league come the end of the season. 

Edited by Big chungus

5 minutes ago, Falkirkwheel said:

I was going through some old photos and came across this. This was me back in 2008 in Basra, Iraq. 

Everyone emailed the respective clubs we support asking for them to donate any kits so we could play 5 a side. Falkirk sent THREE boxes of kit out to us. Amazing…. the big clubs (Scottish and English), that replied to our ask, only sent 2/3 scarfs, maybe a car air freshener. No footy kits at all. I was so proud to be a Falkirk fan and that has, and never will change!!!

This photo also featured in a match magazine that season too.

STP60213.jpeg

That’s class. 

4 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Not seen a live game online yet under the new set up but the commentary is certainly an upgrade. 

New commentators are really good but wouldn’t say an upgrade personally as think Lewis and Stuart done a great job too.

Edited by Van_damage

Said to my mates last season that if McGlynn gets this season what we really needed is a season like 04/05 when we're so much better than everybody else.

Obviously we don't yet know that, and have still to play Hamilton, but this has been a very good start to the season.

33 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Not saying they didn’t but the main commentator is way better IMO. All about opinions. 

I’m really not surprised Lewis and Stuart decided to pack it in when this is thanks they get for putting in countless amounts of their own time and money over the years.

It’s possible to praise the new guys without denigrating the previous regime.

3 hours ago, Falkirkwheel said:

I was going through some old photos and came across this. This was me back in 2008 in Basra, Iraq. 

Everyone emailed the respective clubs we support asking for them to donate any kits so we could play 5 a side. Falkirk sent THREE boxes of kit out to us. Amazing…. the big clubs (Scottish and English), that replied to our ask, only sent 2/3 scarfs, maybe a car air freshener. No footy kits at all. I was so proud to be a Falkirk fan and that has, and never will change!!!

This photo also featured in a match programme that season too.

STP60213.jpeg

The yellow and bright blue tops were absolute belters. The Yellow synonymous with pumping Fifers 3-0 and the blue one for the cup win at Celtic Park.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

The yellow and bright blue tops were absolute belters. The Yellow synonymous with pumping Fifers 3-0 and the blue one for the cup win at Celtic Park.

First player you think of In those tops?  Darren Barr for me.