The Falkirk FC Thread

A bit off topic the uk government has put a proposal out for Scottish Football and how we can be taken to games not for English Footie or Welsh Footie just our game it is under consultation currently with any relevant parties

042EBADC-5FD5-4A83-9AD6-119704F537E6.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

After a slow start in Meadowbank on Saturday they came up with some good quality coverage in the end.

Can they do it on a Tuesday night down in Ayr is the question.

It would be a real statement of intent for the rest of the season if they could get this game shown tonight.

Ayr have it PPV for £12 but nothing from Falkirk to say its being covered on our side. 

Is PPV completely done away with now? The minimum I can see now is a 1 month subscription on Falkirk TV

6 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

A bit off topic the uk government has put a proposal out for Scottish Football and how we can be taken to games not for English Footie or Welsh Footie just our game it is under consultation currently with any relevant parties

Just emailed my views across regarding it  to the email address within the consultation document.

I'd encourage any sane football fan to do the same.

12 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Disappointing. So I've paid £18 on Saturday for a dodgy stream. 

Thank god I'm only on holiday once a year!

Might be available to overseas subscribers. PPV is rarely available because of the 3pm UK ban on Saturday's. Can't obviously offer it tonight as Ayr are the home team so it's up to them to offer that.

Normally tells you on the match preview whether it will be on FTV so when that comes out we'll know.

31 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

This is serious for many reasons, not least that it’ll destroy the away day experience for bus-goers. It’s a straightforward assault on away fans’ rights  

Bus companies will be less likely to accept football bookings. Fans are more likely to abandon buses and take cars - environmental impact. Pubs who rely on buses for some Saturday business will suffer. Away crowds - which many clubs rely on - will fall. Police will likely over-interpret the guidelines, to be on the safe side. 

There’s no upside here. 

36 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Worth pointing out that this is in action and has been for some time down in England and Wales although only concerning football while the above incorporates all sporting events, also that it's basically a suggestion from the UK Traffic Commissioner given travel is a devolved power, SNP could and should just turn it down immediately.

I'll just repeat what I've said in another thread on it;

Can see this proposal being lumped straight into the shredder. Logistically I just don't see how it can work.

Take Tayside for instance; St Johnstone, Dundee, Dundee United, Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin and Forfar.

You cannot tell me for a second that they will have the manpower to receive handovers from various other police divisions and check that busses are both stopped at their pre-agreed place at the pre-agreed time while also checking that all supporters on those busses are consuming a substantial meal. All while handing over information of the outgoing teams.

There's a possibility that you have say Celtic, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Spartans all coming into the area on any given Saturday with clubs one or two of the clubs leaving the region. How many busses is that to keep track of? In and around mid teens I would imagine and we all know it won't be one police car per bus..

20 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I see Ayr have a warning against using a VPN - anyone know if this doesn't work - I use Surfshark? Don't want to waste 12£ if it won't connect?

Bit of an odd and confusing message when you click on the PPV link.

It reads as If it's only available to overseas subscribers and not to use a VPN, but it's definitely available as PPV to UK viewers 🤷

I suspect it'll work with and without a VPN. 

19 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Worth pointing out that this is in action and has been for some time down in England and Wales although only concerning football while the above incorporates all sporting events, also that it's basically a suggestion from the UK Traffic Commissioner given travel is a devolved power, SNP could and should just turn it down immediately.

I'll just repeat what I've said in another thread on it;

Can see this proposal being lumped straight into the shredder. Logistically I just don't see how it can work.

Take Tayside for instance; St Johnstone, Dundee, Dundee United, Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin and Forfar.

You cannot tell me for a second that they will have the manpower to receive handovers from various other police divisions and check that busses are both stopped at their pre-agreed place at the pre-agreed time while also checking that all supporters on those busses are consuming a substantial meal. All while handing over information of the outgoing teams.

There's a possibility that you have say Celtic, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Spartans all coming into the area on any given Saturday with clubs one or two of the clubs leaving the region. How many busses is that to keep track of? In and around mid teens I would imagine and we all know it won't be one police car per bus..

Exactly my thoughts.  How can the police claim to even remotely have the time and capacity for this and think that its a sensible use of either. 

So many better things that time/resource should be spent on.

5 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Prior to Hamza the SNP had been pretty anti-football and pro rugby. But to support this would be a vite loser for them so expect rejection. 

Well humza is a Celtic supporter or at least seen in a Celtic top before so who knows

1 minute ago, Van_damage said:

What’s the end goal for this? I’ve been to matches round the country and never seen issues with buses. 

Just seems to be creating a problem rather than a solution.

I think its meant to cut down on anti social behaviour by groups like the green brigade but it’s effecting all of us which is not good

27 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Exactly my thoughts.  How can the police claim to even remotely have the time and capacity for this and think that its a sensible use of either. 

So many better things that time/resource should be spent on.

If anything, this is to encourage “self policing” ie forcing coach companies, clubs and fans’ orgs to bear the brunt of responsibility lest they face sanctions. It feels insidious. 

1 minute ago, StuartA said:

If anything, this is to encourage “self policing” ie forcing coach companies, clubs and fans’ orgs to bear the brunt of responsibility lest they face sanctions. It feels insidious. 

Police should just do their jobs better and government should impose tighter restrictions on sales of flares and fireworks. Fans bring them in the grounds all the time and this new law won’t change that. 

15 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

I think its meant to cut down on anti social behaviour by groups like the green brigade but it’s effecting all of us which is not good

It would achieve that by wiping out most social behaviour. Punishes everyone for the actions of a few, which is unacceptable