The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

As opposed to the appointment of Martin Rennie which turned out to be such a success???

How much of the cash reserves do you think he pissed away on duds like Griffiths and others who conspired to have a worse record than Sheerin.

Hell fire you are bitter.

Your pals are gone get over it.

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

When transfer targets come up to meet the manager, they could meet at Benny T's maybe?  Rename ouselves as Nomads maybe? What's to stop a club like Queens Park outbidding us on renting the pitch whilst their stadium gets done? 

The business heads at Board level say we get a good deal on the stadium, that's fair enough for me. 

That's where you negotiate the terms and conditions.

Also since the club has lower overheads and is more financially secure we play at a higher level.

As for the Queens Park scenario not an issue week about and the league fixtures could be sorted out and other clubs rent from the council without any issues.

Remember the clubs future is more secure by not having to finance the pitch, roof, floodlights, seats the big one off financial hits it involves.

The reality is we are depending on yearly £400k cash injections from the fans with no more security of that cash flow than faith.

It is only prudent to look seriously at our major outgoings and the stadium and the recurring oncosts as they require replacement, maintenance are a major contributor to that figure.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's where you negotiate the terms and conditions.

Also since the club has lower overheads and is more financially secure we play at a higher level.

As for the Queens Park scenario not an issue week about and the league fixtures could be sorted out and other clubs rent from the council without any issues.

Remember the clubs future is more secure by not having to finance the pitch, roof, floodlights, seats the big one off financial hits it involves.

The reality is we are depending on yearly £400k cash injections from the fans with no more security of that cash flow than faith.

It is only prudent to look seriously at our major outgoings and the stadium and the recurring oncosts as they require replacement, maintenance are a major contributor to that figure.

You are delusional.

13 minutes ago, Barr said:

It goes in to the overall SPFL pot and is distributed like other TV revenue.

Always assumed there would be a financial benefit to getting selected as the TV game. Useless if not as the game being a Friday night will affect the crowd numbers.

22 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

As opposed to the appointment of Martin Rennie which turned out to be such a success???

How much of the cash reserves do you think he pissed away on duds like Griffiths and others who conspired to have a worse record than Sheerin.

The Griffith's money was given to the club to bring in a player it was the wrong player but that wasn't cash reserves then though was it? I don't think we signed that many players in that window? 3 maybe including griffiths. Certainly pales into insignificance when compared to the long list of utter dross that m and m, sheerin and Holt brought in. I'd reckon the majority of the money was pissed down the drain way before Rennie came in  that season. The current board like the last will be judged on what happens on the park whilst they are in post. You surely can't argue that last season although still disappointing was better than coming fifth and sixth  in league one which the previous board achieved spending ridiculous amounts of money to do so. So far this season again it's been a mile better than anything the previous board produced and recruitment which was horrific under deans bunch has been excellent in the main. Surely you can't be trying to say that the previous bunch did a better job on the park than the current lot for goodness sake.

MATCHDAY! 🚌

Stirling will be NAVY BLUE today as The Bairns make the short trip along the M9.

Over 1,500 downloads/views of this week’s episode, can we hit 2,000 before kick off? Link below to this one & all of our previous episodes below👇🏼

🎙️EP:57 GOING FOR 5 (AGAIN)

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

6897EB49-BDE4-483A-94F6-98962356FCB8.thumb.jpeg.33f664898b75a10c6bd24703745bc3d9.jpeg

19 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

The Griffith's money was given to the club to bring in a player it was the wrong player but that wasn't cash reserves then though was it? I don't think we signed that many players in that window? 3 maybe including griffiths. Certainly pales into insignificance when compared to the long list of utter dross that m and m, sheerin and Holt brought in. I'd reckon the majority of the money was pissed down the drain way before Rennie came in  that season. The current board like the last will be judged on what happens on the park whilst they are in post. You surely can't argue that last season although still disappointing was better than coming fifth and sixth  in league one which the previous board achieved spending ridiculous amounts of money to do so. So far this season again it's been a mile better than anything the previous board produced and recruitment which was horrific under deans bunch has been excellent in the main. Surely you can't be trying to say that the previous bunch did a better job on the park than the current lot for goodness sake.

Hold on…so who paid Griffiths wages then?

and by my count Rennie brought in 7 players and still had a worse record than Sheerin

I was under the impression at the time the final bairn for life payment was used to cover Griffiths wages for the 4 months he was with us, in hind sight the manager could maybe have used it to bring in two or three lower profile players on less money but I understand why he decided to gamble on a player with that level of pedigree at that time. In hind sight Rennie was obviously the wrong appointment who probably singed the wrong player in Griffiths but before a ball was kicked I did see the sense in both decisions and at least they were both on short contracts easy to jettison at season end without the club being lumbered for 2 or three years and/or a hefty pay off to get rid. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

12 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Hold on…so who paid Griffiths wages then?

and by my count Rennie brought in 7 players and still had a worse record than Sheerin

To be honest, comparing these managers is a bit like comparing Cumbernauld with East Kilbride. Both crap !